+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi ch_Sajjad,

Where did your parents did the medical? Islamabad? The IOM office at Islamabad is very slow. I contacted them last week and they took 2 weeks to send the medical results to regional office India. I don't know how long it will take India office to send the results to consulate back.

Thanks,

ch_Sajjad

Feb 28, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical was done at lahore, and i heard from my friend that usually its one month process after they send the medical to india.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks ch_Sajjad for updating!

Lets hope and pray for the best! I will keep you posted if I got any news from CHC ISB. If it takes one month from the date the medicals were sent to India- then in my mom's case: the regional office in India received the results on Feb 15, 2013. The wait time should be over by March 15, 2013.

Thanks,

ch_Sajjad

Feb 28, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I send a case specific enquiry here i got the reponse form them with in 2 days.
"Your application is currently in process. Currently, we await medical examination results for further processing of this application".

Medical was done on 22nd Jan, then i conatcted IOM lahore according to them they sent the medical to new delhi on 27th Jan and they gave me FedEx refrence number. According to that number New Delhi office recieved the documnets on 31st Jan. further more i sent an email to mhdislamabad@iom.int to see if they have any updates...
Desprately waitng for their response....

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi Sajjad,

Thank you for posting the updates! I am glad that you got response from both IOM and CHC quickly. I can understand the anxiety. It is quite surprising that Delhi office has taken so long to forward the medical results to CHC Islamabad. From what I can anticipate is that your parents might get a call for second medical. I am just guessing. I hope you get the response form IOM soon for the updates!

At my side: nothing new- IOM sent the results to Delhi on Feb 13 and I tracked the packet, it reached Delhi on Feb 15, 2013. I have sent an email to CHC for case specific inquiry- lets see.

bluerose

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SUPER VISA STAMPED............Thanks GOD.

Finally my mom has got her visa. Below is the timeline.

Application Submit >>>>>>>>>> 15 January 2013 (TCS Visatronix Lahore)
Medical Request >>>>>>>>>> 23 January 2013 ( via email)
Medical Done >>>>>>>>>> 07 February 2013 (IOM Lahore )
Passport Received with VISA >>>> 07 March 2013 ( TCS Visatronix Lahore )

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Congrats Bluerose! this is a great news :)

All the best! I am still waiting for my mom's visa. Do pray for me.

Thanks,

ch_Sajjad

Feb 28, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats .....Blue Rose.

I am also waiting, i contacted mhdislamabad@iom.int, They gave me the same refrence number that medical has been sent to New Delhi and they dont have any request for second medical.
Does anybody know, How can i contact new Delhi Office to get the updates.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Sajjad lets hope for the best! I am positive that your parents and my mom will get the good news soon. InshahAllah!

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
hi guys

about to submit a super visa request.. had a couple of questions.. hopefully someone experienced can help me out

1) the medical insurance- how does one purchase it to show in the application? if suppose the visa request is denied.. do you get your money back?

2) is medical always required?

3) i am sponsoring my MIL, my wife does not have a high income.. will my notice of assessment suffice if it meets the financial requirement?

4) the checklist mentions " financial support" what does this mean? is this my MIL bank account in pakistan? what is a good amount to have in there?

thats all for now, thanks again guys

ch_Sajjad

Feb 28, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) the medical insurance- how does one purchase it to show in the application? if suppose the visa request is denied.. do you get your money back?
[flash=200,200]http://Answer:" Lot of people buying medical insurance form Punjab insurance(you can search online for more options) they will ask you few basic question and issue you a medical insurance letter, that will cover applicant for one year. you have to attach the copy with your documents. You have to pay full amount in advance from your credit card. In case of visa got rejected they will return the full amount to your credit card. Medical insurance is the main requirement you can not apply without this.
2) is medical always required?
[/flash]
Yes, its a basic requirement.
3) I am sponsoring my MIL, my wife does not have a high income.. will my notice of assessment suffice if it meets the financial requirement?
Answer:"Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)

Size of Family Unit

Minimum necessary income

1 person (your child or grandchild) $23,298
2 persons $29,004
3 persons $35,657
4 persons $43,292
5 persons $49,102
6 persons $55,378
7 persons $61,656
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,268

4) the checklist mentions " financial support" what does this mean? is this my MIL bank account in pakistan? what is a good amount to have in there?
Answer:"Reasonable funds to travel to Canada in you MIL account."

ch_Sajjad

Feb 28, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Simply....Any updates...?? How did your mother apply for Visa? Visatronix? My father sent with regular TCS, does it matter?

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi Sajjad,

Thanks for checking in- my mom applied through TCS, same as yours. Also, I got the reply from CHC Islamabad today for an email which I sent them last week: (I don't know what is the meaning of active processing?)

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in active processing.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
hi Sajad.. ( if anyone else has answers... feel free to jump in)

thanks for your answers.. i think you may have misunderstood 2 of my questions

1) i understand the low income cut off.. since it is my MIL.. will MY income work if i provide details of it? my wife's income is too low.. or does it HAVE to be her income.. she is the daughter after all..

2) when it comes to the medical, what kind of questions will the insurance ppl ask? my MIL has had some health issues in the past and im not sure what the policy is in terms of this.. also the medical requested by ISL.. is that similar to an immigration medical? xray and normal checkup? just so were prepared for it accordingly

thanks again, super helpful forum !

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
hani13 said:
hi Sajad.. ( if anyone else has answers... feel free to jump in)

thanks for your answers.. i think you may have misunderstood 2 of my questions

1) i understand the low income cut off.. since it is my MIL.. will MY income work if i provide details of it? my wife's income is too low.. or does it HAVE to be her income.. she is the daughter after all..

2) when it comes to the medical, what kind of questions will the insurance ppl ask? my MIL has had some health issues in the past and im not sure what the policy is in terms of this.. also the medical requested by ISL.. is that similar to an immigration medical? xray and normal checkup? just so were prepared for it accordingly

thanks again, super helpful forum !
Regarding your first question, It can be a family income, that means your income + your wife income.