Hi guys! I am a Canadian PR and I applied online for super visa for my parents in March 2019. I am getting really nervous about the status of their application since its been 6 months now. Here are the details:
Online application submitted - March 11, 2019
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - May 22, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My father is the primary applicant and my mother is dependent. My father worked in the Air Force for almost 20 years but he retired more than 10 years ago and has been working some where else. He received a Military Record Request on June 21st which was completed and submitted the same day. I only saw a ghost update two weeks ago but nothing was changed on the application. September 11 marked 6 months and I am not sure what is taking so long to process their application. Their Visa Office is in Abu Dhabi I believe. Has anyone else experienced similar timelines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi,Hello All, I need some help from more knowledgeable persons here. I applied for Super visa for my mother. We received a medical request (IMM1017E) on October 31st 2019 which asked my mother to go for a medical test within one month . However the problem is that this medical request form (IMM1017E) has a date of September 17th 2019 printed on it (i:e Letter issuance date is September 17th). So if we go to CIC approved doctor, they might object citing the printing date on the letter as it is valid for one month only. Please advise
(1) If we can use this same letter (IMM1017E) which has September 17th printed on it ?
(2) Or if this was due to a clerical error and we should contact CIC ?
1. Not a problem at all, soul purpose of super visa is allowing the parents to stay more than 6 months. They can live here without any problem in one stay for more than 6 months.Hi Everyone, Question regarding flight extension whoever has experienced this. So my parents are visiting Canada second time this year on super visa. Last year, they came on return ticket and stayed for less than 6 months This year, though they still have return ticket for 5 months but they are now planning to stay longer, probably a year.
So two questions:
1. Since super visa allows to stay upto 2 years, did anyone had experienced any problems on staying over 6 months?
2. Getting the return ticket from PIA, the travel agent in Pakistan is saying that airline would not extend ticket for more than 6 months from arrival date. So would either have to stay for 6 months or cancel the return flight and buy again when they plan to go back. But I checked with a travel agency in Canada and they said extension for more than 6 months should not be a problem. Not sure what actual possibilities are out there.
Any experienced help/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.