+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Stay extension while in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck78. Even if they have got 2 yrs stamp to stay here, can I apply for 1 year extension? .they are already here for almost 2 yrs in next October..can you tell me how to apply for extension please.. can you also send me the link please.
You’ll have to google but yes you can try for a 1 year extension but no guarantees. If they get an extension they will likely be refused the next one.

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
You’ll have to google but yes you can try for a 1 year extension but no guarantees. If they get an extension they will likely be refused the next one.
Thanks Canuck78. When I apply for extension, would i have to submit the insurance policy for 1 year as well?

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Well I faced the similiar situation over here with my father. He completed 2 years in canada and then we flagpolled at border and gave an extension for 2 more year. But you need to get the the insurance of him first.

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Well I faced the similiar situation over here with my father. He completed 2 years in canada and then we flagpolled at border and gave an extension for 2 more year. But you need to get the the insurance of him first.
For flagpole, would you have to take usa visitor visa?
At what stage I mean after 2 yrs over or 1 month before 2yrs of stay would we have to flag pole?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For flagpole, would you have to take usa visitor visa?
At what stage I mean after 2 yrs over or 1 month before 2yrs of stay would we have to flag pole?
Filing for an extension is the safer option. If you leave Canada it is up to the particular CBSA officer if your parent is refused entry, given a month to leave, given 1 year extension or given 2 year extension.