+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Stay extension while in Canada

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hello All,

My mother has a super visa till 2022. She came in canada on December 2016 and has a stamp of 2 yrs to stay. Now my question is, if my mom wants to stay in canada beyond december 2018, what will be the procedure? Do I have to flagpole or any have any other solution?

Thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother has a super visa till 2022. She came in canada on December 2016 and has a stamp of 2 yrs to stay. Now my question is, if my mom wants to stay in canada beyond december 2018, what will be the procedure? Do I have to flagpole or any have any other solution?
Don't flagpole. There's the possibility that she might be refused entry. You must apply to extend her stay. If approved, she could probably be allowed to stay for another 6 months

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Don't flagpole. There's the possibility that she might be refused entry. You must apply to extend her stay. If approved, she could probably be allowed to stay for another 6 months
Ohhh really? Even though she has a visa till 2022? We just cant cross the border and stay for another 2 years?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s only the first entry to Canada in a super visa that is 2 years. Subsequent visits are 6 months. Despite having a validity until 2022, that does not entitle your mother to stay (live) in Canada. At some point, if CBSA/IRCC feel she is abusing the privilege, they will reject an extension or entry. She will need to return to her home country at some point and remain there for a while.

Reactions: scylla

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
It’s only the first entry to Canada in a super visa that is 2 years. Subsequent visits are 6 months. Despite having a validity until 2022, that does not entitle your mother to stay (live) in Canada. At some point, if CBSA/IRCC feel she is abusing the privilege, they will reject an extension or entry. She will need to return to her home country at some point and remain there for a while.
Thank you very much for your valuable input.

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I want to apply for a super visa for my parents. My parents are currently living in uae upon the sponsorship visa of my sister.
They are citizens of Pakistan but their Current residence is uae.
So now when I apply for their visa, should I apply for their visa from Pakistan or from uae ??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I want to apply for a super visa for my parents. My parents are currently living in uae upon the sponsorship visa of my sister.
They are citizens of Pakistan but their Current residence is uae.
So now when I apply for their visa, should I apply for their visa from Pakistan or from uae ??
They must apply from the country where they have stronger ties + valid immigration status

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Since they’re residing in uae on my sisters sponsorship visa, so while filling out the super visa application, should I mention their status as “foreign national”, “permanent resident”, “visitor”, or “other”
Please note that the sponsorship visa of my sister is valid for one year.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
The revised guidance says every visit on super visa should be given for 2 years. Does it mean that they have changed the criteria from 2 years on first visit and 6 months for every subsequent visit? Or is there a different page that conflicts this info? Your inputs on this @Bryanna , thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The revised guidance says every visit on super visa should be given for 2 years. Does it mean that they have changed the criteria from 2 years on first visit and 6 months for every subsequent visit? Or is there a different page that conflicts this info? Your inputs on this @Bryanna , thanks!
Really not sure any more. There is a big difference in the statement mentioned on the IRCC page about examination at the POE and some other IRCC web pages.

I would recommend emailing the local visa office, not the IRCC call centre agents, to clarify. And, do let us know

Reactions: DEEPCUR

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Alfaz,
I am just wondering if u have applied for extension of ur mother's super visa..I am in similar situation..my parent's got stamped to stay 2 yrs here on super visa.can I apply for extension?. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Alfaz,
I am just wondering if u have applied for extension of ur mother's super visa..I am in similar situation..my parent's got stamped to stay 2 yrs here on super visa.can I apply for extension?. thanks
Yes you can apply. You may or may not be approved. At a certain point extensions will be refused and your parents will have to return to their home country and reestablish their ties.

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Yes you can apply. You may or may not be approved. At a certain point extensions will be refused and your parents will have to return to their home country and reestablish their ties.
Thanks Canuck78. Even if they have got 2 yrs stamp to stay here, can I apply for 1 year extension? .they are already here for almost 2 yrs in next October..can you tell me how to apply for extension please.. can you also send me the link please.