+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Passport submission delay

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
I applied for super visa for my parents thru a lawyer. Was told takes 1-2 months for processing. Seems like my mom got her app approved in only a weeks time and my dad's application is still under process ? Could there be any reason why they did not approve both of them together ? It is Delhi office in India.
Also my mom had received the approval letter way before expected and so the lawyer did not seem to check her status earlier which caused the delay in the submission of the passport. My lawyer just noticed that my mom's app has been approved as opposed to my dad's who is also the primary applicant. my dad's status is still being reviewed. The 30 days have already passed by and we have not submitted the passport, I just got a screenshot saying it was approved and waiting for passport. my mom is going to vfs to submit the passport, will there be any issue during submission or will vfs accept it regardless ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for super visa for my parents thru a lawyer. Was told takes 1-2 months for processing. Seems like my mom got her app approved in only a weeks time and my dad's application is still under process ? Could there be any reason why they did not approve both of them together ? It is Delhi office in India.
Processing times can vary even for applications from the same family. Each application is assessed for its individual merits.

Also my mom had received the approval letter way before expected and so the lawyer did not seem to check her status earlier which caused the delay in the submission of the passport. My lawyer just noticed that my mom's app has been approved as opposed to my dad's who is also the primary applicant. my dad's status is still being reviewed. The 30 days have already passed by and we have not submitted the passport, I just got a screenshot saying it was approved and waiting for passport. my mom is going to vfs to submit the passport, will there be any issue during submission or will vfs accept it regardless ?
Normally, IRCC will not accept a passport after the 30 days have passed. Again normally, the file would have been closed/refused because a final decision per se is not taken until the passport is submitted.

Nonetheless, your mom can try submitting the passport + passport request letter, etc + a small explanation for the delay in submission (issued by the lawyer). Hopefully, VFS will accept it

Reactions: immigrationaspirant