+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa medical expired

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
My parents arrived in Canada yesterday on super visa and at the POE officer told them that the medical exam they did last year has expired and granted them only 6 months entry and told them to apply for extension and redo the medical. My question is why they were granted 6 months last entry on basis of expired medical ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents arrived in Canada yesterday on super visa and at the POE officer told them that the medical exam they did last year has expired and granted them only 6 months entry and told them to apply for extension and redo the medical. My question is why they were granted 6 months last entry on basis of expired medical ?
Are you sure they entered on a supervisa not TRV?

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Yes it says PG1 on their visa. I am aware that it says up to two years but giving them 6 months entry based on expired medical makes no sense to me. What should I do ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it says PG1 on their visa. I am aware that it says up to two years but giving them 6 months entry based on expired medical makes no sense to me. What should I do ?
Never seen this before. Not much you can do but apply to extend their stay. You will likely be asked to repeat the medical at the time. Has there been changes to their health since the medical? Are they visibly ill or very frail? Had lots of medication?

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Because medical test is not required for length of stay below 6 months. Even though your parents got PG-1, they allowed them to stay till 6 months as their medical expired. After all, super visa is just another TRV, just it allows you to stay more.

PaulMurr

Aug 23, 2023
My mother passed her medical exam in February 2022 and her super visa was approved in September 2022 she will come in canada tomorrow for 4 weeks only
Is she going to be able to enter ?