+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa LICO Income question

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,

As per my family size the LICO cutoff is $66,000. On the application I am the one inviting my parents on Super Visa and although my combined household income is above the cutoff, my income alone does not qualify. I was planning to include both our NOAs (mine and wife) as proof of income. I'm not sure if that is sufficient or do I have to add my wife also as an inviter and have her sign a letter too (in addition to my letter) saying that she is also willing to take care of my parents' expenses when they are here?

Thanks

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Reactions: Hamidfm92

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

As per my family size the LICO cutoff is $66,000. On the application I am the one inviting my parents on Super Visa and although my combined household income is above the cutoff, my income alone does not qualify. I was planning to include both our NOAs (mine and wife) as proof of income. I'm not sure if that is sufficient or do I have to add my wife also as an inviter and have her sign a letter too (in addition to my letter) saying that she is also willing to take care of my parents' expenses when they are here?

Thanks
Your spouse must be willing to take on the responsibility of being co-signer. You can’t just add them as a co-signer without their consent. Especially when it comes to PGP
not all spouses are willing to co-sign because
of the significant longterm financial commitment

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Your spouse must be willing to take on the responsibility of being co-signer. You can’t just add them as a co-signer without their consent. Especially when it comes to PGP
not all spouses are willing to co-sign because
of the significant longterm financial commitment
Yes, that is understandable. Signing the invitation letter would imply consent, wouldn't it?

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
@MARCHIE @angel1719 @canuck78

can anyone please advise? thanks for your time and response.
Combined invitation letter mostly written by primary applicant. I just co signed the invite letter but in my invitation letter we did mention family income instead of one person's income. That definitely helps.

Also to add to this we included both our NOA coz when we file the return it is always as family so we added both together.

Reactions: Hamidfm92

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Combined invitation letter mostly written by primary applicant. I just co signed the invite letter but in my invitation letter we did mention family income instead of one person's income. That definitely helps.

Also to add to this we included both our NOA coz when we file the return it is always as family so we added both together.
Thanks @angel1719

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
get it Notarized from your local MP they do it for free, they will ask you both sign the letter in front of them
There is no need to get the invitation letter notarized. Unless you know your MP personally your MP will not help with approval. Save your time and money.

hl.com

May 16, 2023
Canada
Category........
VISIT
There is no need to get the invitation letter notarized. Unless you know your MP personally your MP will not help with approval. Save your time and money.
MP of your area do it regardless he know you personally or not. We have done many of the letters notarized in Ontario, BC and Alberta.
You just need an appointment with MP office and there is no fee.
It works without notary but it doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MP of your area do it regardless he know you personally or not. We have done many of the letters notarized in Ontario, BC and Alberta.
You just need an appointment with MP office and there is no fee.
It works without notary but it doesn't hurt either.
Getting your MP to provide a letter does not help your application at all unless your MP personally knows you and provides a personalized letter. For example if you volunteered in their campaign, they know you through volunteer work in the community, etc. then the MP can personally vouch about your character and that may have a small influence onyour application. As you said MPs are happy to provide a letter to any constituent so the letter means nothing to IRCC. It is a waste of time since it does not benefit the application if you provide a standard MP letter. There is also no need to notarize it is just wasting money.

hl.com

May 16, 2023
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Getting your MP to provide a letter does not help your application at all unless your MP personally knows you and provides a personalized letter. For example if you volunteered in their campaign, they know you through volunteer work in the community, etc. then the MP can personally vouch about your character and that may have a small influence onyour application. As you said MPs are happy to provide a letter to any constituent so the letter means nothing to IRCC. It is a waste of time since it does not benefit the application if you provide a standard MP letter. There is also no need to notarize it is just wasting money.
i think this conversation is going off track. I simply said for SuperVisa Letter of invitation you can get it notarized(this is not mandatory tho) and in that context MP office does the notarization for free if you live in their constituency. I mention notarized a letter written by you not a letter from MP to support the application.

For reference https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

Reactions: Buletruck

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi
I recently got married and my wife is currently living back home. Now I m in canada living over here as a permanent residence. I want to sponsor my wife so that she can move to canada as a permanent residence. But I also want to apply for super visa for my parents. My question is can I apply for spousal application for my wife and also super visa for my parents at a same time? And also if I apply for super visa for my parents how much minimum cutt-off income do I need to show? Do I need to show for 3 people including myself and both parents bcoz my wife is living outside canada and she is not a permanent residence of canada or we need to show the minimum income for 4 people including me, my wife and both parents. Plz let me know?

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi
I recently got married and my wife is currently living back home. Now I m in canada living over here as a permanent residence. I want to sponsor my wife so that she can move to canada as a permanent residence. But I also want to apply for super visa for my parents. My question is can I apply for spousal application for my wife and also super visa for my parents at a same time? And also if I apply for super visa for my parents how much minimum cutt-off income do I need to show? Do I need to show for 3 people including myself and both parents bcoz my wife is living outside canada and she is not a permanent residence of canada or we need to show the minimum income for 4 people including me, my wife and both parents. Plz let me know?