+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Issue only for 2 years (2nd time)

jeeraRice99

Oct 14, 2021
I applied for my super visa for 2nd time and he was issued a visa only for 2 years both times.
He does not have any criminal history, no negatives on the file but both times he got visa for 2 years only.

He travelled the first time and returned back in due time.
His passport is valid till 2030.

Is there anything I am missing?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my super visa for 2nd time and he was issued a visa only for 2 years both times.
He does not have any criminal history, no negatives on the file but both times he got visa for 2 years only.

He travelled the first time and returned back in due time.
His passport is valid till 2030.

Is there anything I am missing?
Could be due to country of original or weak ties to his home country. Is your proof of LICO significantly above the limit? If it is close to the limit or only meet the lowered LICO amounts during Covid that could also be an issue. It also looks like there was a serious medical isssue and the person may have been detained by the police. That may have lead to concern about applicants. If they had bills that went unpaid for these services that could also raise concerns. All these things can lead to shorter visa lengths as a type of trial.

would suggest ordering GCMS notes for more information.

jeeraRice99

Oct 14, 2021
Could be due to country of original or weak ties to his home country. Is your proof of LICO significantly above the limit? If it is close to the limit or only meet the lowered LICO amounts during Covid that could also be an issue. It also looks like there was a serious medical isssue and the person may have been detained by the police. That may have lead to concern about applicants. If they had bills that went unpaid for these services that could also raise concerns. All these things can lead to shorter visa lengths as a type of trial.

would suggest ordering GCMS notes for more information.
no, we have significant good salaries, no medical concerns, no medical bills pending.

He is an ex-army retired, could that be a reason?
Last year i applied for MIL and FIL together but they gave MiL 10 years visa but 2 years for FIL

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no, we have significant good salaries, no medical concerns, no medical bills pending.

He is an ex-army retired, could that be a reason?
Last year i applied for MIL and FIL together but they gave MiL 10 years visa but 2 years for FIL
Yes military could be the reason.