+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Insurance for the 2nd return

nutella

Aug 8, 2014
Hello,
My mom got her Super Visa and she came here for the first time this winter (she stayed for 2 months). She will come back here for 2 months again and I was wondering if we have to buy an insurance for 1 year again (like the 1st time) or we can buy an insurance only for 2 months that she will be staying here.

Any has experienced it? Will she have any problem at the airport if we buy an insurance for 2 months?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nutella said:
Hello,
My mom got her Super Visa and she came here for the first time this winter (she stayed for 2 months). She will come back here for 2 months again and I was wondering if we have to buy an insurance for 1 year again (like the 1st time) or we can buy an insurance only for 2 months that she will be staying here.

Any has experienced it? Will she have any problem at the airport if we buy an insurance for 2 months?
Thanks
The instructions state 1 year insurance

You must also:

prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
have an immigration medical exam.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
nutella said:
Hello,

Thanks
PMM is right, you must have a 1 year insurance that covers $100,000 worth of total coverage each time whether it is the first or the second.

But, you may get a refund in case the Super Visa holder wants to leave Canada earlier and did not have any claims under the current policy. Refunds are issued for the remaining time on the policy from the moment a person decides to go back to his home country.

You may check out Super Visa Insurance Quote Calculator website and see what options are available for you on the private Canadian insurance market.

Hope it helps :D

Last edited: