Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope!
LANDED..........
Soon I hope!
Hello all,

I have a quick question about health insurance as I am currently putting together the application for my mother's Super Visa.

We are currently putting the application for my mother forward, but it is possible she might not come visit for several months to come. I am going to purchase health insurance within the next week or so, so that I can submit her application. The insurance broker I am communicating with (for health insurance) has informed me that it is possible to change the policy dates to match the dates that she is going to be in Canada. He has also informed me that it is possible to cancel the policy and be reimbursed the money paid, and repurchase health insurance prior to her trip to Canada, but in that case it is possible that the insurers will notify immigration. I'm wondering whether this has happened to anyone, and whether it would pose any problem, seeing as she would need to purchase health insurance before she arrives in Canada anyway; immigration officers will not let her in without proof of it.

Thanks in advance for your help!