+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa for refused refugee

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
Hi,
My mother's refugee case had been denied about two years ago and she went back home within the prescribed time given by
refugee board, she also informed CBSA.

My question is what is the possibility/chances for her to get super visa if I applied one for her. Me and my family really want her to come
and meet us especially my kids.

please Help, any suggestion /comment....

I will really appreciate.
Thanks

M

mikeymyke

It will be next to 0% chance to be approved, because they will think she has no incentive to return to her home country considering she tried to flee her country before. I think if you want her to visit your kids, your whole family should go visit her when you guys have free time for a family vacation. Or you can wait until January 2015 when they start reopening the parent/grandparent sponsorship stream, and then apply for her to come, her refugee claim shouldn't have an affect on that, but you need to be quick because they only accept 5000 applications a year and they hit that cap very quickly.

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
So long as she didn't break any laws or overstay a visa I don't think she would be disqualified. The previous application may cause them to take a closer look at her super visa application but it shouldn't cause a denial on it's own.

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for your reply.
I know about the parental sponsorship but I won't be able to meet the criteria as I fall in
low income group that's why I want to know about the chances of getting her super visa or
any other option .

please give any advice, experience or comment.

M

mikeymyke

zmahe said:
So long as she didn't break any laws or overstay a visa I don't think she would be disqualified. The previous application may cause them to take a closer look at her super visa application but it shouldn't cause a denial on it's own.
But one of the requirements of a super visa is that the applicant has to demonstrate he/she will leave Canada at the end of their visit. Being a failed refugee claimant pretty much will ruin your chance of being approved.

nunu, unless your mom is a skilled worker, or can be a live-in caregiver, she will not be able to immigrate on her own, unless you do the parental sponsorship thing

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree that sponsoring your mother for PR once you qualify is your best option.

Both the super visa and regular visit visa require that a person prove they have strong ties to their home country and no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

M

mikeymyke

scylla said:
I agree that sponsoring your mother for PR once you qualify is your best option.

Both the super visa and regular visit visa require that a person prove they have strong ties to their home country and no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
Yes and the fact she applied as a refugee before, shows that she planned on staying in Canada permanently, not just long term, so they will use her past against her.