Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
Hi

My father is a kidney transplant patient. His transplant was done 10 years back. Now the kidney test results are slightly elevated as the performance of the transplant decreases over time but he still is fine and the kidney transplant will work for the foreseeable future. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar scenario and was able to get a super visa for them or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

My father is a kidney transplant patient. His transplant was done 10 years back. Now the kidney test results are slightly elevated as the performance of the transplant decreases over time but he still is fine and the kidney transplant will work for the foreseeable future. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar scenario and was able to get a super visa for them or not?
Depends on his overall health, his current kidney function level, etc. You should be aware that his routine meducatiion and care will not be covered under supervisa insurance and that you can only bring a 90 day supply of medication with you when you come to Canada. You’ll need to look at the fine print of the supervisa insurance to see if any hospitalization related to his kidney will be covered by the supervisa insurance. These cases are so individual that it is really hard to compare to other cases. I think he has a decent chance at getting a visa if he was asking for a shorter stay so that may be an option. It also depends on his ties to his home country.

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,
did u went ahead with ur father’s supervisa application. If yes which insurance did u got and what was the result of application. I have similar situation with my father in law case.