+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Case

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78 and @Jets13 ,

Thanks for the responses guys. But I am mentioning provisional booking. Not an actual ticket purchase. Which is what was suggested by Bryanna as well.

By the way, @canuck78 , can you please add your comments to my post above on Sep 25, 2018 at 11:18 PM ? I really need the answers to those before I can go and apply and it's been almost a month since someone responded to those.

Thanks
Ken
Sorry but this post doesn't exist.

bahaakhaled

Nov 20, 2016
Hi, i applied for a supervisa for my mom online everything is done and seems to be ok. they sent me email for medical test required within 30 days from today.
My 52 years old Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 2 last year and she did a successful whipple prossedure and she is cancer free 100% and she dont take any treatment or medicine pills.
My question is it impossible to give a visa for a cancer survival or they only care about chronic and infectious diseases... @Bryanna

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Sorry but this post doesn't exist.
maybe the post shows up in your current time zone or something....but this is the post he/she is asking about.

"Thanks Bryanna. Your answers have helped a lot. We have decided to actually apply in October and my parents might travel in February or otherwise delay traveling but still provide documentation showing willingness to travel around February. As you mentioned, using the processing time + 1-2 months extra so that is around 4.5 months (79 + 61 days).

I am just wondering a few things for the above scenario:

1) You mentioned that provisional itinerary is accepted.I am guessing not all airlines provide this option. But for those who do, don't these last between 24-72 hours normally? If so, the itinerary will expire before the application is even reviewed. Is this normal and accepted?

2) Can we show travel itinerary for more than 6 months only? As if we show that my parents plan on staying for less than 6 months then they might issue a TRV instead but if the plan is for more than 6 months then that should increase the chances. Also I am asking this from the perspective of flight itinerary as well which can be stretched to a maximum of 1 year from today's date hence since we are factoring in the fact that it will take 4.5 months from now to travel, add 6 months of stay, would it be safe to show a return date of 10 months from the time of submitting the application?

3) Does getting the insurance plan on a monthly basis reduce the chances of getting approved or show lack of seriousness on part of the applicant?

4) As my dad works on a contract basis, how can he prove his stay for 1 year? He will not get a year's vacation even unpaid. Will showing a job not be a requirement for home ties but then this would contradict with showing that he will stay in Canada for a year. Is the only option for him to show that he has been granted a year of unpaid vacation? What are some good examples of showing purpose of travel other than providing a provisional travel itinerary? I believe only this booking will not suffice is that correct?

5) I am aware that I need to prove earning above LICO which I have. But will I also have to provide sufficient funds in my bank account? If so, would having a mortgage create an issue for this? I recently got a mortgage so I have dumped all my savings in it.

6) As I mentioned they have changed their plan to visit in February but if they only stay for a month only and then go back to their home Country and then next time they visit again, are there high chances that they might be denied entry at the POE by the immigration officer as they did not stay for the period of time as required for super visa and it defies the purpose of the super visa being granted?

7) Is there a specific time frame within which the initial entry needs to be made? Can this vary? And if so, generally what is the range of time frame? If they do get the super visa and they travel in April, again would this be an issue?

P.s. no my parents will in no way help with any of those 'illegal things' with the house. Also, yes I am aware that PGP Family Sponsorship is now based on lottery selection.

Thank you."