+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application in June 2023

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I am planning to apply for supervisa for my mom. She is outside Canada. Can I fill up the online application on behalf of her from here?

Also, she is around 70 years with no serious health issue. Any idea how much the insurance for a year would cost? I am looking for minimal coverage.
Minimum will be $2200 , I guess as after the age of 65 it increases.

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Applied supervisa for MIL and FIL on May 31.
MIL medical passed on July 13 and got her passport request on July 14.
FIL medical is still in progress; medical was done on July 7.

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! Any recommendations on which insurance company would be better? Also, do I need to pay for the whole year upfront or couple of months deposit is fine?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks! Any recommendations on which insurance company would be better? Also, do I need to pay for the whole year upfront or couple of months deposit is fine?
I used Manulife

also, you pay in full, for all super visas (at least the good ones) and refund the money if you get denied for the visa.

Also Manulife refunds anytime the parent does not use

example
Mom- has 1 yr of coverage but she comes to Canada for 3 weeks - they refund the rest once you email them.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
1 year you need to show to IRCC as per requirements. For insurance, you can call different companies and get quotes and see what works for you. Also, there will be not much difference in prices.

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
1 year you need to show to IRCC as per requirements. For insurance, you can call different companies and get quotes and see what works for you. Also, there will be not much difference in prices.
There is an option to pay insurance in monthly installments and IRCC does accept it.

India1997

Jun 12, 2023
Can you please confirm it? I heard lately they are not accepting monthly insurance payments.
Yeah installment is not accepted... And somewhere in this or the may supervisa thread I remember seeing someone getting rejected for this same issue.

The IRCC site states:

This medical insurance needs to
be paid in full, or in instalments with a deposit (quotes aren’t accepted)
be valid for at least 1 year from the date you’ll enter Canada
cover your health care, hospitalization and repatriation
provide for at least $100,000 emergency coverage

You can refer: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

vigu360

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
Med's Done....
Pre medicals
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Upfront medical on Jun 28

Application submitted: Jun 29 via new portal
Biometrics request: Jun 29
Biometrics uploaded: Jul 4

Also instalments are fine. They changed the ruling this year.

Reactions: India1997

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I need guidance for my parents supervisa. My parents have a visitor visa refusal last year. Now applying for a super visa. Should I apply through the IRCC portal or GCKEY? Some are saying don't apply through a new portal go for the only gckey one because they have prior refusal.
Secondly, my father has a small-scale business and he is doing a job as a manager as well in another place. But while fillings out the form only one current employment section is showing and other sections are listed as previous employment. What should I do in this case? Because previously while applying I only mentioned the business detail now I want to add all the details to make the case as strong as possible.

Kindly please someone guide me with this.

Nik2408

Mar 15, 2017
Hi, I applied for my mum from India with upfront meds and previous biometrics (previous visitor visa refusal)
Applied - June 18, 2023
Biometrics updated- June 21, 2023
Medicals Completed- June 28, 2023.
Background in progress
Eligibility not started.
Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice?

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Upfront medical on Jun 28

Application submitted: Jun 29 via new portal
Biometrics request: Jun 29
Biometrics uploaded: Jul 4

Also instalments are fine. They changed the ruling this year.

Hello
Do we get two separate biometrics instructions letter for parents or only for principal applicant ?

Thank You in advance

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah installment is not accepted... And somewhere in this or the may supervisa thread I remember seeing someone getting rejected for this same issue.

The IRCC site states:

be valid for at least 1 year from the date you’ll enter Canada
cover your health care, hospitalization and repatriation
provide for at least $100,000 emergency coverage

You can refer: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
What does it mean? "or in instalments with a deposit"