17-02-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Passport Req..
Dec 8 and DM on 6 Dec
VISA ISSUED...
Ip 9 september
Can someone help !!!

We have applied supervisa for my Mother-in -law and father-in-law. Mother got second request for x ray but father got his passport request. Mom's xray is completely ok as per doctor.Does anyone know how much time will it take now for my mother to get any decision.

Please tell.. :(

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Rossei said:
If you're planning to take your parent to US for few days before the permit expires and come back to have another 2-year permit (with a valid visa); it may not work. The CBSA officers at POE are aware of these situations especially when the same rule applies to US/Canada citizen who cannot stay in other side for more than 6 months.

It doesn't necessarily mean that your parent needs to go back to home country. If she has valid US visa and some friends/relatives over there; make her stay there for few weeks instead of just days.

Alternatively, you can apply to Extend your stay in Canada as a visitor before her permit expires. I've seen much success with this.
Thanks. She doesnt have US visa , so plan is to have her travel back to home country(India) and then come back to canada for another 2 years after staying in home country for some time. Now I am not sure what is that minimum reasonable time that she must stay in home country before coming back to Canada. Can you help me with the time ?

Can her stay be extended while inland canada around the time when initial 2 yrs are getting completed?

Thank you ..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
apple123_4567 said:
Thanks. She doesnt have US visa , so plan is to have her travel back to home country(India) and then come back to canada for another 2 years after staying in home country for some time. Now I am not sure what is that minimum reasonable time that she must stay in home country before coming back to Canada. Can you help me with the time?
A month may be. This summer, my mom left Canada with my family before completing 2 years. She stayed back home for about 2 months and then came back with us (with same SV). She was granted 2-year permit with a new passport, 1-year insurance and 6-month validity left with old visa.

Can her stay be extended while inland canada around the time when initial 2 yrs are getting completed?
As I said before, she can extend it.

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
HI Rossei,
Hope you are doing well. I am planning to apply super visa for my MOM(widow).I have couple question regrading Parent Super visa process. Could you please advice on those based on your experience:

1 ) Does a person eligible to apply for super visa while his/her PR application on process.( Note I applied for my MOM o 2016)??

2) What would be the best way to apply ... online or Paper??

3) I am from BD, what would be the process time??

4) What kind of financial document should we submit ?? Any $ figure ??

5) should we do the pre medical or after ask for medical?

6 ) What is success rate for super visa ??

I will really appreciated if you can share you experience

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
Fellows,

how much IOM Islamabad takes to send medical result and similarly when we get mycic update for same. TIA

Since no one reply on this meanwhile CIc updated status to Medical to Passed.

Now when we can expect for PPR

Timeline are

SV Online Isb : 19 july
Bio metric : 21 July
Medical request :21 sep
Med passed : 5 oct

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
makbar24 said:
HI Rossei,
Hope you are doing well. I am planning to apply super visa for my MOM(widow).I have couple question regrading Parent Super visa process. Could you please advice on those based on your experience:

1) Does a person eligible to apply for super visa while his/her PR application on process.(Note I applied for my MOM o 2016)??
She is eligible to apply but she may be refused as it's her clear intention to live in Canada permanently. Besides, if you have already applied for PGP in 2016; she may get immigration pretty soon the way PGP cases are moving forward. I don't know what stage you are at, but if it's in Stage-2 (PR Processing) and your LVO is Singapore; it will be fast tracked. I applied for my mom in 2015, PR file was transferred to Singapore in July, 2016 and she got passport request this month. So, it took only 4 months for Singapore to complete her PR processing.

2) What would be the best way to apply ... online or Paper??
Many would prefer to apply online. But since I never did, I would go with paper application via VFS-Bangladesh.

3) I am from BD, what would be the process time??
Again when I applied back in 2012, it was processed by Canadian Consulate in Bangladesh, now it's processed by Singapore. It may take anywhere from 1 to 3 months.

4) What kind of financial document should we submit ?? Any $ figure ??
Read my post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/supervisa-from-bangladesh-t93529.0.html;msg1423834#msg1423834

5) should we do the pre medical or after ask for medical?
Doesn't matter much. Pre-medical may save some time.

6 ) What is success rate for super visa ??
Higher than regular TRV.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: NOA vs T4 vs Rest

I've been asked on a number of occasions if a T4 or NOA is necessary to apply for Super Visa (SV). My short answer would be "YES" although IRCC/CIC hasn't specifically mentioned it in their website. In my experience, I've seen LVO's, especially from Asian countries, treat NOA/T4 mandatory as a proof of income for SV. There are few exceptions that were successful by deviating away from this practice only by providing alternate docs (EVL, pay slips etc.)

This is what the income proof portion of the document checklist looks like:

IMM5484 (CIC – Generic):
One of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum:
• Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment (NOA). If you do not have a paper copy of your NOA on file, you can view (and print) your tax return(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account for Individuals.
• Most recent copy of the T4 or T1
• Original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary
• Employment insurance pay stubs
• If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming their annual income
• Proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.)

Now, I will try to elaborate here why I would recommend everyone to apply with an NOA (which is even better than T4). New immigrants may not be familiar with these terms, so, I will start with few definitions first.

T4 = Statement of Remuneration Paid, provided by Employer at the beginning of a year for the previous employment year
NOA = Notice of Assessment, issued by CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) for the previous year after you file your taxes in the current year upon getting T4
EVL = Employment Verification Letter, provided by Employer on a company letterhead, stating job position, starting date and current salary
LVO = Local Visa Office (CIC), country-specific, that deals with any TRV application from countries within its jurisdiction. For example, Singapore-VO deals with all TRV sent from Bangladesh, Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore.

NOA vs T4 vs EVL
1) A T4 or NOA will show income earned in previous year whereas an EVL will show a projected income of current year (it hasn’t been earned yet and hence bears less importance).
2) An NOA will show all your income sources, but a T4 won't.
3) If you ever received welfare/benefits from the Govt, it will show up only in NOA (in which the VO may be interested in)
4) Consider yourself 1st party, your employer 2nd party and CRA/Accountant 3rd party. For a job, an NOA will be considered 3rd Party Evaluated, but a T4 or EVL is 2nd Party Evaluated. A 3rd Party Evaluation is better as it's not directly involved in both parties' transaction and so can't be biased.
5) Being Govt. entities, CIC will value a document (NOA) more that’s issued by CRA rather some companies.
6) It’s almost impossible to produce a forged NOA or T4. But an EVL can be fraudulent. Besides, NOA is easily verifiable by CRA.
7) If you look at the following document checklists, NOA has been numbered 1 for all cases as it’s most preferred by CIC. On a different note, it’s compulsory to provide NOA/ Option C for parents’ sponsorship (immigration).

In my view, backing up an NOA and/or T4 with EVL, recent pay stubs, bank statements etc. makes a case much stronger, especially if invitees (parents/grand-parents) either were refused TRV before or lack in proving ties, financial capabilities, travel history and so on.

Apart from this, it will be pretty hard for a new immigrant who has only few months of PR status and/or work history to convince the VO that s/he is financially stable enough of bearing all expenses of his/her parents without providing an NOA or T4.

I also want to remind you that you need to provide the required documents demanded by both CIC-Generic and your LVO-Specific. When you select the country (use this link) from where your parents are applying from, the document checklist along with all other application forms will show up. Read them carefully as some LVO will have a special checklist for Super Visa (like below). Therefore, I picked some LVO for example who are widely known among Asians and have their own document checklist for TRV/SV:

IMM5881 (India – Specific):
Proof of the inviter’s ability to provide promised financial support including but not limited to:
• Notice of Assessment (NOA) for the past three tax years
• Employment letter identifying salary
• Pay stubs, bank statements, etc.

IMM5890 (Singapore – Specific):
One of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum:
• Most recent copy of Notice of Assessment. If your child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of the NOA on file, he or she can view (and print) tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account
• Most recent copy of T4 or T1
• Original letter from employer stating title, job description, hiring date and salary

IMM5877 (Manila – Specific):
• Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment
• Most recent copy of the T4 or T1
Note: If your child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of the NOA on file, he or she can view (and print) tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.

IMM5884 (China/Hong Kong – Specific):
Proof of inviter’s ability to provide promised financial support in the form of independent, third party documentation from a Canadian source which is reliable or easily verifiable. For example, but not limited to: Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessments [NOA], employment letters showing salary, pay stubs, banks statements, Statements of Remuneration Paid or financial statements prepared by a licensed professional.

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
niklayteritalashme said:
Fellows,

how much IOM Islamabad takes to send medical result and similarly when we get mycic update for same. TIA

Since no one reply on this meanwhile CIc updated status to Medical to Passed.

Now when we can expect for PPR

Timeline are

SV Online Isb : 19 july
Bio metric : 21 July
Medical request :21 sep
Med passed : 5 oct

jc672565

Apr 26, 2016
Hi I apply my parents super visa online on sep 16,2016
They ask for additional documents on oct 10,2016 and I submit those
On oct 15,2016
Nor on online application it's shows my dad medical passed and my mom
Medical under revuew from oct 20,2016. So please suggest me how long it wail take.
Thnks