+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks Rossei for prompt response - Let me share situation with you . My annual income is 48K and i my self and my spouse on PR in Canda. So as per LICO cutt off i can sponsor one person. so if in 2016 i applies for my mother super visa and my incomes remain same can i apply in Jan 2017 for my father super visa ?

Thanking in anticipation.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
niklayteritalashme said:
Thanks Rossei for prompt response - Let me share situation with you . My annual income is 48K and i my self and my spouse on PR in Canda. So as per LICO cutt off i can sponsor one person. so if in 2016 i applies for my mother super visa and my incomes remain same can i apply in Jan 2017 for my father super visa ?

Thanking in anticipation.
Hi
if you income is 48 K you can sponsor 2 people without any issue as on today as well

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Good Luck

S. Badar

aman1986

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Hi
Please help me out my mother applied for supervisa with upfront medical submitted with application but after week we received medical request but did not passport , but we already submitted upfront medical ? I don't j so what to do I already email to Delhi embassy but no reply ?? Please any suggestions.

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
Hi guies,

It's been over 64days my in-laws files are still in process, they did asked for their medical Nd which was done already. I am not sure why it's taking them so much time to get it done.

Suzy22

Jul 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug /17/2015
AOR Received.
Oct/20/2015
CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME;

I became a PR in April 2016 and also sponsored my spouse at same time as me. So we are both new PRs. I need to invite my parents (both mum and dad) to join me next year May for 1months. I would have applied via the super visa but can not afford the travel insurance. Can I just apply for TRV for 1month? Also can I apply for them via my online-GCKey and have them go do biometrics afterwards? pls can someone summarize to me the steps if am to do the application myself online from Canada?

PLS DONT IGNORE MY QUESTION. Help needed. Thanks in advance. Sorry if someone has asked this before.

Harneetkaur49

Oct 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

My brother applied for my parents super visa on 3rd oct 2016. They got rejected for TRV twice when he was not PR. Me and my brother both are in Canada and my parents living in India alone. Does anyone applied during this time period.

Anyone has similar case.

Please reply.

I really hope this time they will get it.

jara123

Feb 14, 2016
Hi,

I want to apply Super Visa for my mother-in-law. Myself and my spouse became PR during this year. When I'm trying to find the form to apply it is not showing the application package for this.

IMM5257 form is not getting opened even after installing acrobat reader as given in the link.

Can anyone help on this please. Any small information will also help.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jara123 said:
Hi,

I want to apply Super Visa for my mother-in-law. Myself and my spouse became PR during this year. When I'm trying to find the form to apply it is not showing the application package for this.

IMM5257 form is not getting opened even after installing acrobat reader as given in the link.

Can anyone help on this please. Any small information will also help.
Select your country from where your parents are from and the whole package will show up:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

FYI, there is no separate application package for Super Visa, it's same as any other TRV. But there are some fields in application forms where you can choose Super Visa option. Besides, the checklist has an added section for Super Visa.

If you have Acrobat Reader in your PC, try to right click on each application from the link above and save the files in your PC. Open them locally from your PC.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Suzy22 said:
CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME;

I became a PR in April 2016 and also sponsored my spouse at same time as me. So we are both new PRs. I need to invite my parents (both mum and dad) to join me next year May for 1months. I would have applied via the super visa but can not afford the travel insurance. Can I just apply for TRV for 1month? Also can I apply for them via my online-GCKey and have them go do biometrics afterwards? pls can someone summarize to me the steps if am to do the application myself online from Canada?

PLS DONT IGNORE MY QUESTION. Help needed. Thanks in advance. Sorry if someone has asked this before.
you can not apply for super visa, visa office will ask for Notice of assessment with required LICO.
also you can not apply for your parents visa through your GCKey, it has to be applican't own.
so your father can create one apply together online, online is the best option now and fater.
hope this helps.

AVI2016

Sep 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/05/2015
Doc's Request.
30/12/2015
AOR Received.
29/07/2015
Med's Request
23/12/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
16/05/2016
Hi all!
I need some help regarding online application of super visa for my parents. I have a few questions. If someone could please help :

1. I want to bring both of them here and making my dad as a principal applicant and mum will be accompanying him.
Should the Invitation letter have only my dad's name or mum and dad both? Or I should submit 2 separate letters for each of them?
2. My dad is retired, do I have to attach a retirement certificate?
3. With regards to proof of financial support I'm attaching following:
- Chartered Accountant's report and valuation of my dad's house that he owns
Copy of Income tax return and Notice of assessment for last 2 years which shows sources of income- dad's pension and income from rental property and a fixed deposit of 6 lac (approx. $11,000 CAD) rupees.
- Chartered Accountant's report and valuation of another house which is in my mum's name and - Copy of Income tax return and Notice of assessment for last 2 years which shows sources of income - that is rental income from the house she owns and a fixed deposit of 50,000 rupees ( approx.$1000 CAD)
- My own Job Record- Most recent T4, Notice of assessment, pay stubs for last 6 months, Bank statements of last 6 months - I've saved up to $16000 to support them.
Should all this be sufficient? Hope I'm not missing anything??
4. Online application also asks for a document for 'purpose of travel'- It says
Document: Purpose of Travel - Other
You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
•Your flight ticket departing Canada,
•Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
•Proof of a medical appointment.
what do I attach here? I don't want to buy a ticket until he gets a visa.

Please help me with above questions.Thank you in advance!!

harpu_1986

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
skrm said:
Super visa for my parents applied on 25th august online.
passport requested online 1st September.
Got letter for passport submission on 5th sept.
passport submitted 8th sept.
ready for collection 9th sept. :-*
So that means before apply for their application online they already done the medical exam and later you apply for their application with medical?

aman1986

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Hi
Need help , actually mummy mother applied for supervisa with upfront medical and but after week embassy send medical request and but not passport and I email them with documents and asked doctor he said we already sent them . I don't know what to do ???

Simron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
Nomination.....
12-1-2012
Interview........
25 October 2012
Passport Req..
Passport & medicals sent on 27 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 November 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hello... Is there any entry deadline on visa after getting supervisa. I am applying for my mom but she could not come right away. Would the visa be still valid if she come to Canada after 4 months. Thanks for your help...

Simron

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Simron said:
Hello... Is there any entry deadline on visa after getting supervisa. I am applying for my mom but she could not come right away. Would the visa be still valid if she come to Canada after 4 months. Thanks for your help...

Simron
Yes, there is a visa expiry date. Usually, the Super Visa is given up to the validity of the passport. And it's a multi-entry visa which means your mom can enter/re-enter Canada anytime as long as the visa is valid. Upon each entry, she has to present a valid medical insurance.

For example, let's say your mom's current passport is valid till Dec, 2018. If granted now, she will have Super Visa which will expire in Nov, 2018. She can come to Canada anytime before Nov, 2018.