+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

DSCanada

Jun 24, 2015
faiyaz.ally said:
Dude, I'm not sure what you're saying. You have a job offer and yet you wanna apply for a "supervisa"? Super visa is only for parents and grand parents of canaidian residents/citizens. Which pay stubs are you talking about? The ones that you have from your current job in your home country? If you're going to be moving to Canada, you will be leaving that job, so how would you use the income from that job to prove you meet LICO requirements? I'm confused.
Sorry, my post was a continuation of my previous post. To give a background of my situation, I have got a PR and I will be landing by mid August 2016. I have a pre arranged job offer and i will joining the job on day 1 in canada. Now i have to apply for a super visa for my mother. Now can i apply with my pay stubs in canada after working for couple of months in canada. or should i wait for atleast one year to get a T4 or NOA to apply for a super visa for my mom.I need her to be in canada ASAP. Pls advise. Thanks

DSCanada

Jun 24, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp
What must I do to obtain a super visa?

In order to obtain a super visa, you will need to apply at a visa office and provide:

1. a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild residing in Canada. You must also include your host child or host grandchild’s family composition (dependants, including spouse, children or other relatives that are financially dependent on your host child or host grandchild).

2. one of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum:
-Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment. If you do not have a paper copy of your Notice of Assessment on file, you can view (and print) your tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.
-Most recent copy of the T4 or T1
-Original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary
-Employment insurance pay stubs
-If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income
-Proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.)

3. evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official documents naming you as parent or grandparent)

4. proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
provides a minimum coverage of $100 000, and
is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.
You may be required to appear in person to have your biometric fingerprints and photo (biometric information) taken at a biometric collection service point.

You will be required to undergo a medical examination.

What must my child or grandchild do to meet the LICO minimum?

You child or grandchild’s income must meet or exceed the minimum necessary cut off, as identified annually in the Income Table.

In the letter of invitation they must calculate their family size. This factor determines the amount of income required to provide care and support for you and your spouse, if applicable. They may use the table below to calculate the family size:

Your child or grandchild counts:
Themselves;
Their spouse or common-law partner;
Their dependent children;
any person they may have sponsored previously and for whom the sponsorship agreement and undertaking are still in effect.
They count the number of persons they will be supporting:
You, and
Your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
They add the number of persons covered by steps 1 and 2. The total represents his family size.
They look at the LICO in the Income Table in this guide to determine if they meet the minimum required for their family size.
To demonstrate that they meet the minimum income required, your child or grandchild may include one of the documents listed in the Document Checklist (IMM 5484).
If your child or grandchild does not meet the LICO minimum, their spouse or common-law partner can assist by also providing a letter of invitation with one of the documents listed in the Document Checklist (IMM 5484).
Thanks pie_vancouver

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
Hey Guys I am having issues linking my paper application to the portal at CIC.
Have any of you linked your application if so can you please help.
What options do you choose under
Category Temporary Residence:
Temporary Resident visa or Visitor Record
Also, I got an email from CIC with the tracking ID# is this number the same as Application number or UCI number ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Ali

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hello everyone.!i want to ask question about supervisa for my mom.i recently got PR and not doing job but my husband meets the criteria of minimum income.can i apply for my mother?? Secondly most imp, my husband sponsored his own parents last year and they both got visa and my father in law is still with us but leaving soon for pak.!! So will he be included in counting family size too as long as he is here or he goes back to pak..provided all this is my husband eligible to be my co sponsor??

Danish421

Sep 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2004
LANDED..........
04-09-2004
Is anybody received Passport request the ones applied in May?

What's current waiting timeline for passport after medical done?

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Danish421 said:

I have asked this question several times on this thread and some others. Guys, please provide your input on this.

Btw Danish, when did the medicals status change to "Passed" in your case?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
m11nk said:
Hello everyone.!i want to ask question about supervisa for my mom.i recently got PR and not doing job but my husband meets the criteria of minimum income.can i apply for my mother??
Yes, you can as long as you both consent to invite her and bear the expense.

Secondly most imp, my husband sponsored his own parents last year and they both got visa and my father in law is still with us but leaving soon for pak.!! So will he be included in counting family size too as long as he is here or he goes back to pak..provided all this is my husband eligible to be my co sponsor??
How soon is he leaving? It's better that you apply when you specifically know that he is leaving. In that way, you don't have to count him in your family size.

But for example, if he lives with you for another 6 months or so and you want to apply for your mom now; then you should include your father-in-law in your family size.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Danish421 said:

Let's try that one more time. Guys, please respond to our question. I'm wondering when the PPR should be expected for super visa once the medical status changed to pass.

Danish421

Sep 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2004
LANDED..........
04-09-2004
faiyaz.ally said:
I have asked this question several times on this thread and some others. Guys, please provide your input on this.

Asslamu Alikum Faiyaz
Actually my parents medical done 2 1/2 weeks ago. I haven't seen any changes at my online account.

I am just wondering how long should i wait before i make CSE. Whats happening at your online account, Is it changed to passed?

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Danish421 said:
Asslamu Alikum Faiyaz
Actually my parents medical done 2 1/2 weeks ago. I haven't seen any changes at my online account.

I am just wondering how long should i wait before i make CSE. Whats happening at your online account, Is it changed to passed?
You should just call or walk in to the medical center that did your parents' medical test. They should give you an update first.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
faiyaz.ally said:

Hey faiyaz.ally and Danish,

I've applied for my parents under super visa category, no request for the passport yet (online Application). Timeline is as follows:

Parents living in Punjab, IN
Applied on 6th July
Medical passed 12th July

Please share your timeline as well

Regards,

irock79

Jul 11, 2016
I have applied for my parents supervisa in India.

did online application from here for them & submitted it on 25 July night here in Canada.

They did their pre-medical on 14thJuly & their medical status says "passed" next day itself within 24 hrs...

Application says "open"

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
irock79 said:
I have applied for my parents supervisa in India.

did online application from here for them & submitted it on 25 July night here in Canada.

They did their pre-medical on 14thJuly & their medical status says "passed" next day itself within 24 hrs...

Application says "open"
Goodluck irock79,

Hope it will be success.

Regards,

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hey guys, I applied for my parents supervisa on July 9 and I haven't heard anything regarding medical. Is it normal ? What's the current processing time. Thanks

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
backendcode said:
Hey guys, I applied for my parents supervisa on July 9 and I haven't heard anything regarding medical. Is it normal ? What's the current processing time. Thanks
Did you applied online or paper application.
When was medical done?
Current processing for Visitor visa (from outside Canada) is 32 days, I think we can consider same time frame for SuperVisa too.

Regards.