+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

irock79

Jul 11, 2016
irock79 said:
I have applied for my parents supervisa in India.

did online application from here for them & submitted it on 25 July night here in Canada.

They did their pre-medical on 14thJuly & their medical status says "passed" next day itself within 24 hrs...

Application says "open"
waked up on 5th Aug (today) morning here in Canada & passport required email is there....

Took 11 total days for the passport submission step...

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everone,

I would like to share timeline of super visa application for my parents :

Timeline as follows:

Online application submitted: July 6th, 2016
Application has been updated (No Change/Update): July 7th, 2016
Application has been updated (Medical Passed): July 12th, 2016
New message in account (Original Passport Request) : August 3rd, 2016
Application has been updated (No Change/Update): August 4th, 2016
Passport submitted at VFS Chandigarh, India: August 5th, 2016

I will keep this timeline updated for other members. Hoping for the best.

Regards,
Paul

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
backendcode said:
hey paul, Congrats for passport request. I have also received medical request by cic for parent's super visa. Is it positive sign?
thanks
Yes, that's a positive sign, means they are working on the application. When did they applied.

Regards,
Paul09

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
I applied july 9 on their behalf and i think your parents are in punjab too rite? Where did they go for medical? do u know anyone who has emedical enabled?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
backendcode said:
I applied july 9 on their behalf and i think your parents are in punjab too rite? Where did they go for medical? do u know anyone who has emedical enabled?

Yes, my parents are living in Punjab and they did their medical in Ludhiana, 2-3 weeks before I applied for them.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Paul09 said:
Yes, my parents are living in Punjab and they did their medical in Ludhiana, 2-3 weeks before I applied for them.
Ok, I was also checking the list of Doctor and is either in Chandigarh or Ludhiana. I may call some offices to know if they have emedical service so cic can get results faster. Thanks again so when ur parents are planning to visit?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
backendcode said:
Ok, I was also checking the list of Doctor and is either in Chandigarh or Ludhiana. I may call some offices to know if they have emedical service so cic can get results faster. Thanks again so when ur parents are planning to visit?
Yes, go with emedical service. Before mid of September, probably in the 2nd week. But before anything, I would like to see passport stamped with visa. I am still nervous.

A_the_O

Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys,

FSW 2015 applicant here. Trying to get my parents a super visa. I've already applied online last Wednesday, but no updates so far. I received an email on the next day, saying the account had been updated, but I checked it and saw no changes. I guess many experienced something similar.
Anyway, if someone could clarify the following, that'd be helpful:
1) do my parents have to apply for a medical exam, before CIC explicitly requested it?
2) Do you think I stand a chance to get passports requests before September 18 (that's the date of their flight)

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Paul09, thanks for sharing your timeline. I don't understand the order of these 2 lines, though:

When did you get a medicals request?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
A_the_O said:
Hey guys,

FSW 2015 applicant here. Trying to get my parents a super visa. I've already applied online last Wednesday, but no updates so far. I received an email on the next day, saying the account had been updated, but I checked it and saw no changes. I guess many experienced something similar.
Anyway, if someone could clarify the following, that'd be helpful:
1) do my parents have to apply for a medical exam, before CIC explicitly requested it?
2) Do you think I stand a chance to get passports requests before September 18 (that's the date of their flight)

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Paul09, thanks for sharing your timeline. I don't understand the order of these 2 lines, though:

When did you get a medicals request?
Hi A_the_O,

On July 7th, I got an email stating that application has been updated, but when I checked there was no change to the application.
On July 12th, under review of medical results, it changed to passed.

Medical was performed 2-3 weeks before I've applied.

For your question:
They can go for medical exam at CIC authorized Panel Physician, before CIC ask them.
You can find them at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Depending on where your parents are living.
Check the processing time at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

A_the_O

Jun 17, 2009
Hi Paul09,

Thanks for your prompt reply. So, you've passed the medical before submitting the online application? I remember there was a related question in CIC questionnaire, but I'd replied No. Do you think at this point it's worthwhile to apply for the medical? Or it's better to wait until they ask for it?

I checked that link. Given that my parents are from Russia, it says that on average it takes 12 days to process the application, but that looks unrealistic, considering you guys have been waiting for a month or longer.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
A_the_O said:
Hi Paul09,

Thanks for your prompt reply. So, you've passed the medical before submitting the online application? I remember there was a related question in CIC questionnaire, but I'd replied No. Do you think at this point it's worthwhile to apply for the medical? Or it's better to wait until they ask for it?

I checked that link. Given that my parents are from Russia, it says that on average it takes 12 days to process the application, but that looks unrealistic, considering you guys have been waiting for a month or longer.
I would say wait for CIC instructions. 12 days are still looking good. In India, normal processing time for visitor category is 33 days.

A_the_O

Jun 17, 2009
I see, thanks Paul. I've just checked the processing time in India, and you're right, it takes longer. That gives me hope :)