+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
akapoor3 said:
Hello Friends,
I am planning to apply for Supervisa for my parents in June 2016 and I was wondering if someone can help please. I have following queries:
1. When it comes to looking at LICO. Can I also include overtime and bonus? Also, I have an income from a part time job at a store, so would they consider the income even if there letter of employment doesn’t show MINIMUM GUARANTEED HOURS?
2. My brother is co-signing the application. He has been working contractual jobs last year and now he got a Full time permanent job. So when it comes to providing letter of employment, would it be good idea to let the government know that his income earned in previous year was pertaining to contractual jobs which are finished now and now he is in full time job with new employer.
Your replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Anu
Between you and brother who is PR/citizen, that person's NOA/T4 will matter (CIC does not care about overtime/bonus - If it appears in NOA/T4 it counts). Other person's finances won't matter as much in SUPERVISA. Co-signing can only be your spouse/common-law.

Hope this helps.

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
Hello,

My mother has applied for super visa on last month 24th (Feb 24th), submitted her passport and did biometrics on same day. Also embassy has requested Medical exam and she did on March 12th. She called the clinic and found that she do not have any issues (She does not have any health issues so far) and everything is normal. My LICO is much better than the margin and I purchased health insurance (0 deductible) to cover her medical cost during her stay. I submitted all the relevant documents and all are Notarized.

I want know that requesting medical exam and receiving good results from medical exam means that supervisa is almost approved or 90% approved? Or they just ask medical exam as one of the processes before really going through them?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

tphen

Mar 27, 2014
Hi, Does any one know how to write the invitation letter for the super visa.. Do you have any templates that i can refer to.. Thanks a lot

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
MithuShun said:
Hello,

My mother has applied for super visa on last month 24th (Feb 24th), submitted her passport and did biometrics on same day. Also embassy has requested Medical exam and she did on March 12th. She called the clinic and found that she do not have any issues (She does not have any health issues so far) and everything is normal. My LICO is much better than the margin and I purchased health insurance (0 deductible) to cover her medical cost during her stay. I submitted all the relevant documents and all are Notarized.

I want know that requesting medical exam and receiving good results from medical exam means that supervisa is almost approved or 90% approved? Or they just ask medical exam as one of the processes before really going through them?

Would someone please give some feedback on this? When days are passing without any knowing the final decision, I even could not sleep properly.... :( :(

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
MithuShun said:
Would someone please give some feedback on this? When days are passing without any knowing the final decision, I even could not sleep properly.... :( :(
Once they ask for medical, means very good chances of APPROVAL.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I want to apply for supervisa for my mom

My mom doesn't work because she is old, no properties with title, not much money in bank
She is dependent on me and my bro for money, my bro is here in Canada as well

Our financial status is not a problem, we can support her for as long as possible,
I and my husband meet the financial requirement (lico)
I worry about my mom's status.

Did anyone here apply for their unemployed parents and got approved?

PS if there are insurance agents here for supervisa, pls message me.

DavCan

Nov 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
03-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
SLU- 17-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
25-Apr-2015, TLU - 05-May-2015
Interview........
All Docs reached - 15-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
11-Aug-2015 (PP Submitted : 12-Aug-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
24-Aug-2015 (Recvd PP + COPR)
LANDED..........
28-Nov-2015
Thank you !!! Will check with my Tax consultant as well abt the NOA ...
Rossei said:
I'm no expert in tax credit but everyone gets some CCTB+UCCB, so that's no biggy.

Since you were eligible for GST credit and hence OTB; you must have low income at some point. When you receive your NOA for 2015, go thoroughly and find if those are mentioned anywhere. Another way to apply is just with your T4 (not NOA), T4 will only show your 2015 income from your employer. But mind you, some LVO prefers NOA only. In that case, you have to know their preference. In my experience, most under-developed/developing countries from Asia prefer NOA.

I hope you got it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
simoncanada said:
my income was 18900 for year 2015
me and my wife live in canada

so can i apply super visa for my mother
Unfortunately, you can't since you don't meet income requirement (LICO). For a family size of 3 (you + your wife + your mother), you need to show your 2015 income was >= $37,234.
Here is the link for LICO: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tphen said:
Hi, Does any one know how to write the invitation letter for the super visa.. Do you have any templates that i can refer to.. Thanks a lot
There are many topics on this if you search for. Here's some example:

- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-invitation-letter-t339303.0.html
- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-sample-invitation-letter-t397296.0.html

rawaljignesh82

Dec 27, 2010
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-June-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR :06-Oct-2010, 2nd AOR: XX Jan 2011
IELTS Request
In Process Status with Processing Date..XX Feb2012 , Last Week Processing Date changed to March 15,2012
File Transfer...
XX-Jan-2011
Med's Request
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Landed
Hi,

I applied on the same date 24th Feb 2016 for my mom. I did upfront medical and sent full document package. I am also still waiting for the decision. Let me know if you hear anything from VFS.

thank you

MithuShun said:
Hello,

Prince DXB

May 20, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My parents are applying for Supervisa next week.

My fathers First name on MY passport is Vishnu and on HIS passport is Vishnulal, His bank accounts, PAN card, property documents etc are by the first name Vishnu. Is that going to cause problem in Supervisa, should I get some kind of notarization etc done, to show that he is called by two names etc... He has filled in the IMM5257 form in Line 2: Where it asks, Have you used any other name also (Nickname, alis etc...)? and he has provided the Given name as Vishnu. Whereas in Line 1 of personal details of application: He has given his first name as, Vishnulal.

In India Lal, Kumar, Chandra etc are added behind name as a respect which is common, but now that is causing worry.
Pls advise...

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
My parents applied for Visitor Visa and NOT SUPER VISA and got the medical request.
I was assuming that for normal Visitor visa for 6 months or less, they dont need to do medical exam.
Did Canada embassy considered the application as SUPER VISA application and asked for medicals?
I never mentioned that I need a SUPER VISA for my parents.

Can anyone throw some light on my case. I am bit confused and your help is required. Thank you in advance.

skrm

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016, AOR2: 27-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016 Decision made.....: 31march2017
Med's Request
Pass
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Passport Req..
10 April 2017 Passport Sent...: 11April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 April 2017
LANDED..........
28th April 2017
hi my parent's passport were lost last year now we have new passports so can they apply within Canada if yes then which application we have to fill and what documents we need? Is that the same application or different one? Plz let me know there visa expiring in june.
Thanks