26-Aug-2014
Med's Request
28-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
11-Dec-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-Dec-2014 (Abu Dhabi) & 13-Jan-2015 (Islamabad)
VISA ISSUED...
29-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2015
Rossei said:
What proof of income did you provide with your application? Which visa office did your mom apply from?
My employment letter which is a reputable financial firm in Canada and Islamabad Pakistan.

Any advice for me that I should implement next time when I apply.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ZRM said:
My employment letter which is a reputable financial firm in Canada and Islamabad Pakistan.

Any advice for me that I should implement next time when I apply.
As far I've seen, if you're applying from South-East Asia, especially from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh, an Employment Letter cannot suffice the income proof requirement. You should provide NOA and/or T4 (NOA recommended). You also mentioned that you've been living in Canada for barely 9 months as PR (don't know if you lived here before PR). This might sought the visa officer's attention to look deep into your financial situation. And you only provided "Employment Letter". People would normally live at least for a year (although it's not a requirement), file tax return with CRA and then apply for SuperVisa with the NOA the following year. To me, you did not provide enough supporting documents.

Here's my recommendation (I did the same).
File tax return for 2015 ASAP. After you receive your NOA for 2015, you can provide the following:
- copy of 2015 NOA
- copy of T4
- copies of few recent pay stubs
- original employment letter
- personal bank statements (6 months preferred)
- Notarized invitation letter

Jesse1329

Feb 25, 2016
Hello.. Hoping for someone to reply to me.

I'm applying for a SUPER VISA next month around Aril 30th for my mom (61yrs old) and I have a few concerns :

1. Do I need be specific that I want my mom to stay here for 2years? what should I put on the tab about the question on how long she plan to stay?
2. Financial support of my mom - she doesn't have any bank account but she will plan to get one this week and put some cash around $1500. Is there any restriction about the bank statement . is it okay if its a new open account? and how much money is required?

Thank you!

ZRM

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2014
Doc's Request.
With application
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2014
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
26-Aug-2014
Med's Request
28-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
11-Dec-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-Dec-2014 (Abu Dhabi) & 13-Jan-2015 (Islamabad)
VISA ISSUED...
29-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2015
Rossei said:
As far I've seen, if you're applying from South-East Asia, especially from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh, an Employment Letter cannot suffice the income proof requirement. You should provide NOA and/or T4 (NOA recommended). You also mentioned that you've been living in Canada for barely 9 months as PR (don't know if you lived here before PR). This might sought the visa officer's attention to look deep into your financial situation. And you only provided "Employment Letter". People would normally live at least for a year (although it's not a requirement), file tax return with CRA and then apply for SuperVisa with the NOA the following year. To me, you did not provide enough supporting documents.

Here's my recommendation (I did the same).
File tax return for 2015 ASAP. After you receive your NOA for 2015, you can provide the following:
- copy of 2015 NOA
- copy of T4
- copies of few recent pay stubs
- original employment letter
- personal bank statements (6 months preferred)
- Notarized invitation letter
Hi,

From where do v get invitation letter notarized? Should v mention time period on invitation letter? How much time?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ZRM said:
Hi,

From where do v get invitation letter notarized? Should v mention time period on invitation letter? How much time?
In my personal opinion, getting notarized can be helpful but not necessary. You are already submitting the undertaking and a sign from notary is not going to make it's weight age any more than the person who does not do it.

If you want to get it done, your choice. If you let us know where you live maybe we can help.

As for time, it should be mentioned. How much time depends on how much time do you want to call her. Remember if she is coming to stay for like 1-2 years direct that shows loose ties. A person just does not come to another country and not visit back for one year. Think about it, if you were gonna go stay back home for 1 year now, would it be feasible for you given you have work and other commitments.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
Alexandra12 said:
My mother received SUPERVISA for 10 years recently:

Applied on Jan 14, 2016 (in person paper based application)
Request for medical exam Jan 20, 2016 (via-email)
Med exam done and papers submitted on Feb 3, 2016
Visa received Feb 12, 2016

Good luck everyone!
hi Alexandra
can you please briefly explain me whall all supporting documents you submittd with the file.?my huband will be applying for his parents.need a suggestions.
we r going to apply supervisa.
and about finqancial support how many canadian currency have ur mother showed in bank and for how long?
thank you

Nadalaa

Feb 29, 2016
Hi everyone,
I applied for my parents' super visa online recently but my father's passport expires in 4 months. He has already done biometrics and medical. Can he renew his passport before they request it to issue the visa?

If yes, would a new passport different than the one on file cause any issues?

Please help!!

manal85

Jan 12, 2016
Nadalaa said:
Hi everyone,
I applied for my parents' super visa online recently but my father's passport expires in 4 months. He has already done biometrics and medical. Can he renew his passport before they request it to issue the visa?

If yes, would a new passport different than the one on file cause any issues?

Please help!!
I think he can renew it with out issues . But ask others as well . Rossie and brayana have good experience .

suman kaur

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys. i am going to canada probably in one month. i want to ask when can i apply for my father after reaching there. what is the eligibilty for applying super visa. he will be alone in india. my mother is already deceased. and i am the single child of my parents. guys plz help me out. i am really stressed.

thank u in advance

arora92

Jul 22, 2014
Hi,

Does this matter for how much time i have stayed in Canada on PR before i apply for supervisa of parents ?

I have stayed just for 3 months and planning to apply . Please suggest.

Also do I require marriage certificate of parents ?

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
Hello members,

First thing, I would like to thanks for this forum which helped me a lot to apply for super visa for my mom (mom is the applicant).

My mother submitted application 2 weeks ago (on 24th Feb 2016) in Colombo, Sri Lanka . She has not get any update since then. She handed over her passport along with the application and still it is at Embassy.

Would someone please let me know, how long it takes for next step normally ?
Will they make decision, before doing medical ?
Is it an usual practice to keep the passport with the visa application?

Please shed some light on these.

Thank you,
Raj

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
MithuShun said:
Hello members,

First thing, I would like to thanks for this forum which helped me a lot to apply for super visa for my mom (mom is the applicant).

My mother submitted application 2 weeks ago (on 24th Feb 2016) in Colombo, Sri Lanka . She has not get any update since then. She handed over her passport along with the application and still it is at Embassy.

Would someone please let me know, how long it takes for next step normally ?
Will they make decision, before doing medical ?
Is it an usual practice to keep the passport with the visa application?

Please shed some light on these.

Thank you,
Raj
Dear members,

Please help me on this.

I read all the posts in this thread and found that medical requests have been sent for super visa application within 5 to 7 days from the date of submission. However, my mom has not received the request yet. I have a doubt whether the request letter got missed in the postal service.

Is there any chance that Visa office refuses the application before they sends the medical request? Has this happened in past?

Can I send an email to Colombo Visa office to ask about this?

Please kindly help us on this.

Thank you