+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

royston

Apr 27, 2014
I need help for super visa income requirements

1. IS the LICO to be calculated before tax income or after tax income.
2. Is Original employment letter which indicates salary, position sufficient for income proof, its only been 1 Month we are in Canada as permanent residents, but we do have a permanent job. Do we need to wait for 1 year for the NOA/Option C or 3 Years, or the employment letter is sufficient.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
royston said:
I need help for super visa income requirements

1. IS the LICO to be calculated before tax income or after tax income.
Before tax.

2. Is Original employment letter which indicates salary, position sufficient for income proof, its only been 1 Month we are in Canada as permanent residents, but we do have a permanent job. Do we need to wait for 1 year for the NOA/Option C or 3 Years, or the employment letter is sufficient.
It may not be enough. When you get T4 and/or NOA next year; that will suffice.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zimgyal said:
Yes you can submit a case enquiry to the visa office where the application was submitted. Check link below:

cic.gc..ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

It wouldn't let me post the link so hopefully u can figure it out from what i managed to put there as the link lol
Thank you so much!!!! I submitted an enquiry and hopefully can get a response regarding our application. :)

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Rossei,

My Husband got PR yesterday. He doesnt have PR card yet. He has COPR and I have PR card.
Both of us want to sponsor my mom for supervisa from Bangladesh.
Can we show his COPR document instead of PR card and my PR card as a proof of PR in Canada to apply supervisa for my mother?
Thank you.

Regards,
Tchow
Rossei said:
Before tax.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Hi Rossei,

My Husband got PR yesterday. He doesnt have PR card yet. He has COPR and I have PR card.
Both of us want to sponsor my mom for supervisa from Bangladesh.
Can we show his COPR document instead of PR card and my PR card as a proof of PR in Canada to apply supervisa for my mother?
Thank you.

Regards,
Tchow
Hello TC,

Congrats to your husband. I'm guessing he or both of you will be financially responsible for your mom's visit to Canada on Super Visa. If you yourself can meet LICO; then you can just omit your husband from application.

Honestly, I really can't answer to your query. PRC is the official proof of permanent residence status in Canada. I don't know if CoPR can be considered an alternative.

BTW, the document checklist from SVO only mentions PRC (not CoPR) as a proof of status.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thank you so much Rossei.
Rossei said:
Hello TC,

Congrats to your husband. I'm guessing he or both of you will be financially responsible for your mom's visit to Canada on Super Visa. If you yourself can meet LICO; then you can just omit your husband from application.

Honestly, I really can't answer to your query. PRC is the official proof of permanent residence status in Canada. I don't know if CoPR can be considered an alternative.

BTW, the document checklist from SVO only mentions PRC (not CoPR) as a proof of status.

abhishek2629

Star Member
May 26, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014 ( PER )
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
Processing Started 20-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015 3rd line updated 17th Feb'15 that's what I checked it can be before that as well
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Rossei said:
Before tax.
Hello Everybody can anyone please let me know if I have to call my father on just Tourist Visa not Super Visa do I still need to require pay stubs, T4 and all other documents we require for super visa. We landed in Ontario on 14th May as permanent resident. Please let me know as I was thinking that when my PR card will come my father can apply for tourist visa. He already has 10 yrs tourist visa for US as he is going to US in Oct and then planning to come Canada after 2 months.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
abhishek2629 said:
Hello Everybody can anyone please let me know if I have to call my father on just Tourist Visa not Super Visa do I still need to require pay stubs, T4 and all other documents we require for super visa. We landed in Ontario on 14th May as permanent resident. Please let me know as I was thinking that when my PR card will come my father can apply for tourist visa. He already has 10 yrs tourist visa for US as he is going to US in Oct and then planning to come Canada after 2 months.
Generally, it's not hard requirement but recommended. But if you look at the country specific checklist for India; it seems to be a requirement even for visitors whose purpose is to visit family/friends. It says on page-1: Proof of inviter’s income and financial situation including but not limited to Notice of Assessments (NOA), employment letters, pay stubs, bank statements.

Links:
- TRV Application Forms
- Document checklist for TRV (General)
- Document checklist for TRV (India)

Mahen82

Oct 20, 2011
Hello Everyone

Very new to the forum. Trying to apply for my mom super visa from Chennai, India. Couple of questions that i have in my mind that the experts in the forum could help me:

1. Do i address my letters and other correspondence to Chennai CVAC or Bangalore? Does Chennai CVAC just accept applications for transferring to Bangalore CVAC?
2. Whats the Visa fess and if we are paying by cheque or DD beacuse i am applying by paper whom do we have it address it to? I have searched the whole pages of Visa fees and couldn't find the name that we need to address to.
3. Lastly, i have earned pretty good for last year meeting the LICO and the previous is nothing great. Would that be a problem?

Your support and help on this would be much appreciated.

many thanks,

Mahen

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Mahen82 said:
Hello Everyone

Very new to the forum. Trying to apply for my mom super visa from Chennai, India. Couple of questions that i have in my mind that the experts in the forum could help me:

1. Do i address my letters and other correspondence to Chennai CVAC or Bangalore? Does Chennai CVAC just accept applications for transferring to Bangalore CVAC?
I don't know much about CVAC's in India. But what letters are you intending to send them? Invitation letters are normally addressed to parents.

2. Whats the Visa fess and if we are paying by cheque or DD beacuse i am applying by paper whom do we have it address it to? I have searched the whole pages of Visa fees and couldn't find the name that we need to address to.
If you're applying on paper; aren't you handing in your application in person? If so, the VAC office will instruct you on spot. Besides, CVAC-India says,
- Effective 01 June 2015 all centers in India will start accepting Visa fee & Biometric fee in Cash only, Demand Drafts will not be accepted.
- Payment Instructions for CVAC Service Charges: In person - Cash only

Link-1: CIC Visa Fee for India
Link-2: India VFS Service Charge

Note: When CIC used to accept bank draft; we used to address it to Receiver General of/for Canada. But their payment method has changed over the years. Now, you can pay online or obtain IMM5401 & pay from a bank or pay through VFS/VAC (normally in cash).

3. Lastly, i have earned pretty good for last year meeting the LICO and the previous is nothing great. Would that be a problem?
Shouldn't be a problem although your Country Specific TRV Checklist for India states otherwise:

Required documents from your inviter
- A written and signed invitation letter promising financial support for the duration of your visit.
- A list showing the number of people in the inviter's household.
- A copy of the inviter's citizenship or immigration status document.
- Proof of the inviter's ability to provide promised financial support including but not limited to Notice of Assessment (NOA) for the past three tax years, employment letter identifying salary, pay stubs, bank statements, etc.

But generally, you're only required to show your most recent year's NOA.

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends,

I applied for my parent's supervisa last month and it got rejected.
REASON : YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTATION TO SUPPORT YOUR/YOUR HOST'S INCOME AND ASSETS.

I gave letter of employment stating my annual salary i.e. CAD$ 54,000 and all my pay stubs. However I did not submit my NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT for 2014 as my income in 2014 is only 1500 dollars. The reason for that is "I started working on December 8th 2014 and got salary for only two weeks in 2014".

REAPPLYING for supervisa, if I attach both Letter of employment and Notice Of Assessment - Will it create confusion for authorities / give an impression that I do not have sufficient income to support my parents.

What should I do? Please advice.

I appreciate all responses in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MR. SIDHU said:
Hi Friends,

I applied for my parent's supervisa last month and it got rejected.
REASON : YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTATION TO SUPPORT YOUR/YOUR HOST'S INCOME AND ASSETS.

I gave letter of employment stating my annual salary i.e. CAD$ 54,000 and all my pay stubs. However I did not submit my NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT for 2014 as my income in 2014 is only 1500 dollars. The reason for that is "I started working on December 8th 2014 and got salary for only two weeks in 2014".

REAPPLYING for supervisa, if I attach both Letter of employment and Notice Of Assessment - Will it create confusion for authorities / give an impression that I do not have sufficient income to support my parents.

What should I do? Please advice.

I appreciate all responses in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU
I think you have to wait for 2015 NOA till next year.

Your NOA/T4 showing income over LICO is the ultimate proof of income that CIC accepts in order to determine if you're eligible to invite your parents on Super Visa. Any other documents (employment letter, pay stubs, bank statements etc.) cannot suffice it, especially for south Asian countries.

In my case, I started working from Jul, 2010 and my NOA for 2010 (6 month salary) was only few thousands short from LICO to invite my mom in 2011. So, I waited till I got my 2011 NOA in 2012.

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rossei said:
I think you have to wait for 2015 NOA till next year.

Your NOA/T4 showing income over LICO is the ultimate proof of income that CIC accepts in order to determine if you're eligible to invite your parents on Super Visa. Any other documents (employment letter, pay stubs, bank statements etc.) cannot suffice it, especially for south Asian countries.

In my case, I started working from Jul, 2010 and my NOA for 2010 (6 month salary) was only few thousands short from to invite my mom in 2011. So, I waited till I got my 2011 NOA in 2012.

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it.
What if write a letter explaining only one pay-check in 2014. And attach my T4, NOA, Employment Letter and Pay Stubs. Would this help my case?

Thanks & Regards,
Sidhu

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Hi Everyone,

I landed in Canada as PR 3 months ago and started job 1 month ago. My annual income is enough to meet LICO but someone told me I need 12 month job history to be eligible to apply. Can someone please confirm if I can apply for super visa for my mother?

I checked CIC website but could not find a clear cut statement saying 12 month job history is needed. Please guide me..

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MR. SIDHU said:
Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it.
What if write a letter explaining only one pay-check in 2014. And attach my T4, NOA, Employment Letter and Pay Stubs. Would this help my case?

Thanks & Regards,
Sidhu
There's nothing to explain. The unofficial requirement is:
HAVE YOU MET LICO IN THE MOST RECENT TAXATION YEAR?
IF 'YES' THEN PROVIDE PROOF (NOA recommended)

But you can always try your luck.