June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
jjjj8888 said:
online application
here is my story so far, please suggest me

#i created cic account for my father and while giving answer for the questionnaire gave me a option that is any family member going with you (said yes) it gave i one window for uploading documents for father and one more window for family member. but i was thinking that i need to create another cic account for mother. now i am confused do i need to upload both parents documents just in my father(just one) cic account. if i need diffrent account then why there is another window stated,
(You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. Please attach their documents below.)

# in required documents it says marriage certificate, but my parents doesnt have one. please suggest is it required?

# IMM 5645 family inf form. when i filled it online and tried to save it, everything i filled in that form just disappears ( i mean its blank)
so do i need to put information , print it out and scan it for uploading this form.

#Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
please suggest me do i need to put my information or my father information as Representative
as i am filling on their behalf

# in Bank statement does parents in to show just current balance on that particular date or is it required three or four months statement
to be honest they will put money today at their account. ( 5 lakhs would be around $10,000)

# does my bank statment is more important or my parents????

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
July 6
ajcanada said:

#i created cic account for my father and while giving answer for the questionnaire gave me a option that is any family member going with you (said yes) it gave i one window for uploading documents for father and one more window for family member. but i was thinking that i need to create another cic account for mother. now i am confused do i need to upload both parents documents just in my father(just one) cic account. if i need diffrent account then why there is another window stated,
(You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. Please attach their documents below.)

# in required documents it says marriage certificate, but my parents doesnt have one. please suggest is it required?

# IMM 5645 family inf form. when i filled it online and tried to save it, everything i filled in that form just disappears ( i mean its blank)
so do i need to put information , print it out and scan it for uploading this form.

#Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
please suggest me do i need to put my information or my father information as Representative
as i am filling on their behalf

# in Bank statement does parents in to show just current balance on that particular date or is it required three or four months statement
to be honest they will put money today at their account. ( 5 lakhs would be around $10,000)

# does my bank statment is more important or my parents????
anyone pls

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I can't answer all of your questions as I never applied online.

ajcanada said:

No idea.

Your birth certificate should have both their names as your parents. That should prove your relationship with them. Though I never applied online; I would still choose paper-based since they are not that specific.

# IMM 5645 family inf form. when i filled it online and tried to save it, everything i filled in that form just disappears ( i mean its blank) so do i need to put information , print it out and scan it for uploading this form.
You don't have to fill it online, rather you can save the PDF form and fill it up offline on your computer. In my case, it never disappeared for any type of TRV.

please suggest me do i need to put my information or my father information as Representative as i am filling on their behalf
I think you should. Again, someone else who did it would be more helpful.

# in Bank statement does parents in to show just current balance on that particular date or is it required three or four months statement, to be honest they will put money today at their account. ( 5 lakhs would be around $10,000)
I would give both.

# does my bank statement is more important or my parents????
Your income statement (NOA or T4) is far more important than any sort of bank statement in case of Super Visa.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
My mother applied for SUPER VISA on 20th June 2014 but due to some reason we never received any medical checkup request within 50 working days (after applying) so i decided to contact Canadian Embassy in Islamabad and they said they sent a medical request on 22nd July 2014.

Now what i want to ask if there is any way to get urgent appointment date for medical exam ? Also it is convenient for her to go to Islamabad and get medicals done but due to political situation in Islamabad,is it safe and sound to go and give medical exams in ISLBD ?

And after giving the medicals,how much time does the whole procedure take (from medicals being sent to embassy and getting visa on passport) ?

Will appreciate if i can get the reply A.S.A.P !

Regards .........

atipra

Feb 19, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
7.5 score (sent with application)
File Transfer...
28-6-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
13-9-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Hi, I m new here. My mother wants to apply for supervisa....And i was checking out the info on CIC website. I have filled the questionnaire for her and she is eligible. Now the query is - Is IMM-5257 Application for temporary Resident Visa needs to be filled for Super visa or there's any other application?
If yes, then even by clicking on this link, i am not able to see the form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf
Clicking on the link says - to view the contents of this document, you need a later version of PDF viewer.

What to do in this case? Suggestions from members will be highly appreciated.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
atipra said:
Hi, I m new here. My mother wants to apply for supervisa....And i was checking out the info on CIC website. I have filled the questionnaire for her and she is eligible. Now the query is - Is IMM-5257 Application for temporary Resident Visa needs to be filled for Super visa or there's any other application?
IMM5257 is the main TRV application form. For all sort of visit visa (including Super Visa), you have to fill out this. You will also need to fill out Family Information form (IMM5645), Schedule 1 (IMM5257) [if applicable], Document Checklist (IMM5484).

If yes, then even by clicking on this link, i am not able to see the form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf
Clicking on the link says - to view the contents of this document, you need a later version of PDF viewer.
You can just right click on the above link and save the form in PDF format into your computer. You can fill out any form offline with your computer.
  • If you choose to apply paper-based, you can just 'validate' after filling out the form, print and sign.
  • If you choose to apply online, I guess you can fill out the form, validate, print, sign, scan and then upload into CIC account. I could be wrong as I never applied online. If it doesn't require signature; then you don't have to print rather directly upload the documents necessary.

atipra

Feb 19, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-6-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
13-9-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Rossei said:
IMM5257 is the main TRV application form. For all sort of visit visa (including Super Visa), you have to fill out this. You will also need to fill out Family Information form (IMM5645), Schedule 1 (IMM5257) [if applicable], Document Checklist (IMM5484).
You can just right click on the above link and save the form in PDF format into your computer. You can fill out any form offline with your computer.
  • If you choose to apply paper-based, you can just 'validate' after filling out the form, print and sign.
  • If you choose to apply online, I guess you can fill out the form, validate, print, sign, scan and then upload into CIC account. I could be wrong as I never applied online. If it doesn't require signature; then you don't have to print rather directly upload the documents necessary.
Thanks a lot, Rossei.
I could download the TRV application form. :)Thanks to you for guiding me.
Can you please suggest me about health insurance too.

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
July 6
Rossei said:
I can't answer all of your questions as I never applied online.
No idea.
Your birth certificate should have both their names as your parents. That should prove your relationship with them. Though I never applied online; I would still choose paper-based since they are not that specific.
You don't have to fill it online, rather you can save the PDF form and fill it up offline on your computer. In my case, it never disappeared for any type of TRV.
I think you should. Again, someone else who did it would be more helpful.
I would give both.
Your income statement (NOA or T4) is far more important than any sort of bank statement in case of Super Visa.
thanks Rossei, you are life saver............ :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
atipra said:
Thanks a lot, Rossei.
You are welcome

Well, I'm not the best person to talk about it. My mom came once for only 3 months with Super Visa. So, I bought GMS which was the cheapest.

FYI, these SuperVisa medical insurances are meant for emergency need. God forbids, if anything serious happens to our parents (because they are old); the insurance is supposed to cover any emergency treatment, diagnosis, tests, hospitalization, prescribed drugs from emergency situations etc. But it won't cover regular/routine checkup. You also should read the fine prints carefully when you buy the insurance. Insurance premiums depend on parents' age, pre-existing conditions, insurance types ($coverage, $deductible, length of insurance, refund options etc.). All insurance companies are pretty much same in terms of what they are going to cover; it's the rate that may vary a bit.

You can try the following links to see comparable quotes:
http://supervisabestinsurance.com/
https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents applied for their super visa at the Chennai VFS office today. They tried to do their medical exam upfront, but my dad was requested to do a stress test since he had his bypass surgery done in 2004. The stress test costs INR 16,000 (~CAD 300). This is in addition to the standard medical exam fee which is around INR 4200. Is this request normal for people who have undergone a bypass surgery or is this the hospital using the opportunity to milk some money? This is a very reputed hospital in Chennai and all doctors in the CIC physician panel belong to this hospital. The medical exam for my dad works out to around $600 (INR 4200 for standard medical exam, INR 5000 for echo/ecg and INR 16,000 for the stress test).
$100 for visa application and $600 for medical exam - weird ! Would like to know if anyone else on this forum has experienced these tests or if this is something to escalate to CIC.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
atipra said:
Thanks a lot, Rossei.
In addition to the previous post regarding health insurance, you may check out This Website too and compare the rates from different Canadian insurance companies.

Hope it is helpful.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2012
Hello friends,

I have a concern regarding my mother's visa. I applied supervisa for my mother and she got a regular tourist visa(multiple entry for 5 years). I really wondered how that happened but maybe the VO made a mistake between supervisa or trv?(idk).

So here is my question, Can I apply for supervisa while she is here in Canada with her regular visiting visa? Is it possible? or will she get denied because she is already got the V-1?

To all those who have experiences and would like to share... please enlighten my confused brain.

Thank you.

atipra

Feb 19, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-6-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
13-9-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Rossei said:
Thanks a lot, Rossei. :)

atipra

Feb 19, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-6-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
13-9-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Steevy said:
In addition to the previous post regarding health insurance, you may check out <a href=http://arbetovinsurance.com/supervisamedicalinsurance/>This Website</a> too and compare the rates from different Canadian insurance companies.

Hope it is helpful.
Thanks Steevy for ur help. :)