13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hello,

Does any body know what has to be done in order to get a 2 year stay at the port of entry? is it given automatically? is it possible to just get 6 months for example and not 2 full years? can anybody tell me?

Thank you!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Master7 said:
Hello,

Does any body know what has to be done in order to get a 2 year stay at the port of entry? is it given automatically? is it possible to just get 6 months for example and not 2 full years? can anybody tell me?

Thank you!
Yes, it's possible. But why do you need less? One getting 2 year's stay doesn't mean s/he has to stay for 2 years; h/she can leave anytime s/he wants. But s/he cannot live in Canada beyond 2 years.

FYI, some actually got other way round. Some parents came here to stay for 2 years, but they got 6 months entry permit on the POE. I'm not too sure about the reason; but the VO's at that time were not probably fully aware of Super Visa.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Rossei said:
Yes, it's possible. But why do you need less? One getting 2 year's stay doesn't mean s/he has to stay for 2 years; h/she can leave anytime s/he wants. But s/he cannot live in Canada beyond 2 years.

FYI, some actually got other way round. Some parents came here to stay for 2 years, but they got 6 months entry permit on the POE. I'm not too sure about the reason; but the VO's at that time were not probably fully aware of Super Visa.
Thank you for your reply Rossei. I am sorry if I didn't explain myself well, that's why I meant that I am looking for a 2 year stay for my parents instead of a partial one, I thought that everyone was granted a max of 2 years but apparently this is not the case? do you know what does it depend on?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Master7 said:
Thank you for your reply Rossei. I am sorry if I didn't explain myself well, that's why I meant that I am looking for a 2 year stay for my parents instead of a partial one, I thought that everyone was granted a max of 2 years but apparently this is not the case? do you know what does it depend on?
Yes, I definitely got it wrong first time.

I have no specific reason that makes the POE officer to stamp less than 2 year entry. It's true that when Super Visa first came out, some parents got 6 month~1 year entry stamp. I hope the officers became knowledged on this.

Actually, I'm in the same boat with you. When my mom first came with Super Visa back in 2012; she came to stay only for 3 months. So, we did not care about the entry permit. Now, she is coming again this year for a longer period. And I want a 2-year permit on her passport. So, here's what I'm thinking to do as my mom is not fluent in English. I'm going to write a short application letter addressing the Immigration Officer asking for 2 years' stay permit. My mom will carry it and give it at the POE when she lands.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my experience the duration of the visit is based on the decision of the immigration officer so there are many factors taken into account. A super visa is valid for up to two years per visit, I have seen many posts on this site where people only got a 6 month or 12 month visa on their passport even though they applied for a super visa.

Some of my clients have filled to have their super visa's extended while here in Canada. I am not familiar with the process but from what I can tell their requests were granted I have not had to issue any refunds for insurance.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Gary Goldshmidt said:
From my experience the duration of the visit is based on the decision of the immigration officer so there are many factors taken into account. A super visa is valid for up to two years per visit, I have seen many posts on this site where people only got a 6 month or 12 month visa on their passport even though they applied for a super visa.
You're right Gary. As far I remember, some of them probably got an extension on the stay permit just by visiting a local CIC office. Those posts are buried here somewhere.

What I understand so far is that A STAY PERMIT IS GIVEN BY A CBSA OFFICER WHO WORKS INDEPENDENTLY FROM CIC. As a result, although you have Super Visa on your passport; a CBSA officer may not give you 2 years permit to stay. If that happens, one will have to call CIC for their suggestion. I can't think of anything that can prevent it. :(

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had client applying for an extension after a two year stay with a super visa. I was not aware of this but they indicated that the stay can be extended beyond two years in Canada. If anyone has done this maybe they can share the process and the office the application was sent to. On the CIC website I believe it is the Calgary office that deals with extensions of visa both visitors and super visa for applicants within Canada.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi,
I had applied for supervisa for my mom and dad...now i had paid cic fees online...now when i went to VFS office for filing they said i need to pay CIC fees in cash and the payment which i had done online i need to claim refund and for that i need to send email to delhi-im-enquiry.......
Now i have send email to them last week i just got email confirmation and nothing else till date
If anyone had same refund problem like me please give me your expert advise or comment
Thanks
Abhishek

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi292000 said:
Hi,
I had applied for supervisa for my mom and dad...now i had paid cic fees online...now when i went to VFS office for filing they said i need to pay CIC fees in cash and the payment which i had done online i need to claim refund and for that i need to send email to delhi-im-enquiry.......
Now i have send email to them last week i just got email confirmation and nothing else till date
If anyone had same refund problem like me please give me your expert advise or comment
Thanks
Abhishek
Firstly, VFS does not accept CIC fees in cash, it has to be a bank draft. If you already have paid online, you would have a receipt. You can just attach the receipt with your application because that receipt will have a barcode with a receipt number that visa officers can pull up. I think VFS has given you wrong information here.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
Quick Question,

Do we need to attach medical insurance while applying online ?

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
Borntowin said:
Quick Question,

Do we need to attach medical insurance while applying online ?
Yes, you will need to send your proof of medical insurance along with the application package as it is a requirement.

If you have not yet purchased a policy, you can CLICK HERE and calculate a quote comparing rates from several Canadian insurance companies.

Last edited:

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
Steevy said:
Yes, you will need to send your proof of medical insurance along with the application package as it is a requirement.

If you have not yet purchased a policy, you can <a href=http://supervisabestinsurance.com/super-visa-insurance/>CLICK HERE</a> and calculate a quote comparing rates from several Canadian insurance companies.
Thanks but I can see there is nothing mentioned to upload medical insurance while applying online ?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Borntowin said:
Thanks but I can see there is nothing mentioned to upload medical insurance while applying online ?
Most likely, you have NOT selected SUPER VISA option when doing the application wizard. There is a question that asks you about your relationship to family members in Canada and you should pick "Children/Grand Children". Once you do that, you will see a request for Medical Insurance.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
xenon said:
Firstly, VFS does not accept CIC fees in cash, it has to be a bank draft. If you already have paid online, you would have a receipt. You can just attach the receipt with your application because that receipt will have a barcode with a receipt number that visa officers can pull up. I think VFS has given you wrong information here.

Hi Xenon,

Thanks for revert..your r right CIC need bank draft...so VFS takes cash from us and they have DD with them which they said it with applications.

I did showed them receipt but they said Delhi office dont accept the receipt so you need to claim back the amount from CIC delhi through email
Now i have sent them email but still no revert from them

I dont know what to do?

Abhi