+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To reply to your questions:

The income requirements is your income not your parents, this could be the notice of assessment you received from CRA when you filed your tax return.

Here is what is meant by documenting ties to their home country.

If you are submitting an application by yourself, document your parents and/or grandparents ties to their country of origin. Ties to the country of origin can include but not limited to the following:

a home in the home country;

a spouse or common-law partner or dependents who stayed in the home country;

personal property in the home country, such as a car or furniture; and social ties in home country.

The other factor that is often taken into consideration is if your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) have traveled for business or pleasure to other counties.

They can also include memberships or affiliations in religious organizations or charities and NGO's.

This cannot be just a letter you need to produce the actual documents. It is time consuming and can be complicated that is why some people hire a representative like the law firm hosting this site, they charged $1,000.00 to one of my clients and they were very happy with their services. You can do it yourself many of my clients have but depending on circumstances it often pays to use a professional. Mr. Cohen has done a lot for immigrants to Canada he is very well know by Citizen and Immigration Canada as one of the leading experts in his field.

For insurance I can help you it is not as simple as just getting a quote based on age from a rate sheet, there are other considerations and not many brokers or insurance companies have developed expertise in this field. Plus it does not cost anything to use my services the rates are the same regardless of the channel you choose to purchase medical insurance from.

Hope this help and good luck.
Gary

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
angelparnes said:
hello there!i am planning to apply also my parents through supervisa and just wondering to ask and hopefully you can help me on this,
what are the forms that i will be sending to the immigration and what are the forms also that my parents will be sending to the immigration outside canada?thank you and hope to hear back from you soon.
Only your parents file for super visa, you just need to add some of the required paperwork.
Here is the link to all the forms and the requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Can my Mother apply for the super visa while being in Canada instead of the extension of stay?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Can my Mother apply for the super visa while being in Canada instead of the extension of stay?
I called up CIC call centre to ask the same. I was told it is a 2 step process:

1. Step 1 is to apply for an extension of stay (the super visa kind)
2. Once your extension of stay is approved, apply for a TRV via the US

#2 did not make sense to me. Mostly because it states on the CIC website that visitors to canada can no longer send TRV applications to US offices.

I am in the same boat since my mother-in-laws visitor permit is expiring. My plan is to apply for the authorized period of extended stay for now. She has already had 2 extensions of her visitor permit so i'm a little worried applying the third time but since this will be based on super visa and include all of those documents, i'm hopeful it will be fine and an extension will be issued.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hello
just-do it, what are the reasons people usually say for extentions for their parent's visa? is it too hard to get and what documents(if any) would CIC want to see? thanks for your time.

rao_ashraf

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
LVO
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011 MI2
Nomination.....
In process July 2012
Med's Request
DEC 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 10, 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014 Inshallah

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
just_do_it said:
I called up CIC call centre to ask the same. I was told it is a 2 step process:

1. Step 1 is to apply for an extension of stay (the super visa kind)
2. Once your extension of stay is approved, apply for a TRV via the US

#2 did not make sense to me. Mostly because it states on the CIC website that visitors to canada can no longer send TRV applications to US offices.

I am in the same boat since my mother-in-laws visitor permit is expiring. My plan is to apply for the authorized period of extended stay for now. She has already had 2 extensions of her visitor permit so i'm a little worried applying the third time but since this will be based on super visa and include all of those documents, i'm hopeful it will be fine and an extension will be issued.

thank you for your reply. how long in total has your mother-in-law stayed in Canada?

Curmudgeon

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Islamabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2010
Doc's Request.
09-04-2010
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
14-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Passport Req..
PPR1:16-09-2013, PPR2: 24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Got it on 01-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-12-2013
Hey all, I applied for my parents' super visa on 26th June 2013 through VFS Islamabad, Pakistan. Today I got their Passports back with medical forms and have got an appointment for their medical on 6th August. Now I wonder once the medical is done how am I to send the passports back to CHC Islamabad for visa. The IOM guy told me that I have to send passports again through VFS Islamabad. But how does one send passports only through VFS while the rest of the application is with CHC Islamabad. VFS people were also clueless about it. There is no guidance regarding this anywhere. Does anyone know anything about it?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Curmudgeon said:
Hey all, I applied for my parents' super visa on 26th June 2013 through VFS Islamabad, Pakistan. Today I got their Passports back with medical forms and have got an appointment for their medical on 6th August. Now I wonder once the medical is done how am I to send the passports back to CHC Islamabad for visa. The IOM guy told me that I have to send passports again through VFS Islamabad. But how does one send passports only through VFS while the rest of the application is with CHC Islamabad. VFS people were also clueless about it. There is no guidance regarding this anywhere. Does anyone know anything about it?
VFS should have given you guidance since they received your application first time and gave you back your PP. You submitted PP along with original application to VFS in the first place, and they reached CHC before, right? It should happen again then.

I didn't apply in Pakistan; but in my opinion and experience, you should give your parents' PP back to VFS once they're done with medicals.

Curmudgeon

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Islamabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2010
Doc's Request.
09-04-2010
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
14-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Passport Req..
PPR1:16-09-2013, PPR2: 24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Got it on 01-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-12-2013
Rossei said:
VFS should have given you guidance since they received your application first time and gave you back your PP. You submitted PP along with original application to VFS in the first place, and they reached CHC before, right? It should happen again then.

I didn't apply in Pakistan; but in my opinion and experience, you should give your parents' PP back to VFS once they're done with medicals.
Thankyou Rossei for your reply but the question is whether I am to submit passport when directed by CHC or just after medical.

Sachin11

Star Member
May 4, 2010
This query is about Tourist visa and not super visa.

I am a permanent resident of canada since 2011. My mother came from india on a tourist visa 4 months ago. Now I want to extend her visa for another six months in Canada. Do i need to buy a medical insurance for her tourist visa renewal. It is mentioned on the checklist to get medical insurance for one year for parents or grandparents. She is 72 years old.

Would appreciate if somebody have gone through this process or situation and can guide me

thanks you

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Curmudgeon said:
Thankyou Rossei for your reply but the question is whether I am to submit passport when directed by CHC or just after medical.
In my case, I dropped my mom's passport at VFS-Bangladesh as soon as she was done with her medical exam. But, I was directed by them to do so when they gave us her passport & medical.

m_alihussain

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am planing to apply super visa for my father and before i apply i would like to know about few things from all of you;

1) Is anyone here got 10 year of visa for their parents along with full 2 year of entry ?
2) What are the chances of getting 2 year full entry at the time of POE (Point of entry to canada)?
3) What is the approx. cost of travel insurance for 1 year and which company is offering good policy in term of cost/benefit?

I appreciate your can answers to above questions.

Thanks

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone suggest which Travel insuranca company better for super visa for 1 year and is it better taking a plan with no deductibles? Thank you

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First I would like to answer some of the questions.

Yes a person can apply for a super visa while in Canada I have done lots of these and it is actually easier to apply for a super visa within Canada then country of origin.

Secondly for insurance I deal with seven insurance companies that offer super visa travel insurance the majority offer a zero deductible option but not companies offer the same level of coverage. For those that want peace of mind with underwriting at time of application instead of post claim underwriting there is only one company that I deal with that is doing this at this time.

To get a quote please visit my web site www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca

I deal with seven companies at this time for super visa medical travel insurance.

I will be happy to assist you just leave a message on the contact page.

Be sure to visit my news and media page on travel insurance and the problems people have faced with post claim underwriting with some insurers.