N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kidrobot said:
Thank you so much just do it. My mum's application will be submit to Singapore visa office. They need applicant provide birth cert and marriage cert. (my mum's last name is in wrong spelling, my grandpa's last name is correct) Both of these cert. have my grandpa name I hope these two cert can convinced them. In this case should I also prepare a letter to explain to the visa officer?
Are you 100% sure that TRV/Supervisa require applicants to submit birth and marriage certificates? As far I know (also said by just_do_it), you may have to accompany your mother's application with your own birth certificate (or equivalent paper) to prove your relationship with your mother.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bluedhaka said:
Guys

My sis lives in canada. they are 4 members family including 2 sons. how much income she has to show to apply for supervisa for my parents? please help.

Thanks
She has to show LICO for six people. $53,808

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

abbyss

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply Super visa for my parents, I had few questions,

1) Do I need to submit marriage certificate for my parents? They don't have marriage certificate.

2) My parents don't plan to stay in Canada for more than 2 months, would they still need to do medical test ?

3) If answer to question two is Yes, how can I get their medical test done, where can i get the medical forms.

Thanks for your help.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abbyss said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply Super visa for my parents, I had few questions,

1) Do I need to submit marriage certificate for my parents? They don't have marriage certificate.

2) My parents don't plan to stay in Canada for more than 2 months, would they still need to do medical test ?

3) If answer to question two is Yes, how can I get their medical test done, where can i get the medical forms.

Thanks for your help.

You have to prove your relationship to your parents, so your birth certificate with both your parents names on it should suffice.
Normally both the parents names are on the passport too (atleast they are on the indian passports). A marriage certificate may come in handy if you can prove YOUR relationship to only one of the parent.

Medical is a requirement for super visa regardless of if you plan on staying only 2 months or 2 years. If you dont want medical done, you might have to apply for a regular visitor visa. The general rule is that if a person is staying/ allowed to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months, a medical is required.

You can find a designated medical practitioner in your city from the CIC website and contact them to check for the procedure of medical exam.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Rossei said:
Are you 100% sure that TRV/Supervisa require applicants to submit birth and marriage certificates? As far I know (also said by just_do_it), you may have to accompany your mother's application with your own birth certificate (or equivalent paper) to prove your relationship with your mother.

Please take a look of this check list.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/29o7d
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/assets/pdfs/visas/52_1_eng.pdf

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kidrobot said:
Please take a look of this check list.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/29o7d
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/assets/pdfs/visas/52_1_eng.pdf
Yes, you're right. When I applied for my mother, it wasn't like this. But again, every visa office always demands something extra.

You/your mother can accompany the application with an explanation letter to clairify the names mismatched on different docs. Good luck!

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Rossei said:
Yes, you're right. When I applied for my mother, it wasn't like this. But again, every visa office always demands something extra.

You/your mother can accompany the application with an explanation letter to clairify the names mismatched on different docs. Good luck!
Yes, you are right. Different Visa Office request different supporting documents.

Thanks for your reply and thanks for everyone who help to answer my questions.

Is there anyone submit TRV/ Super Visa application to Singapore Visa Office?

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
we like to take our mother in law here but just to stay here for 3 months. after 3 months staying here we would like to apply for the super visa because at the moment we don't meet conditions for super visa. it will be ok to do this? first to ask for regular visitor visa and after expiring to apply for the super visa?
or there should be longer period apart between two visas?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bibace said:
we like to take our mother in law here but just to stay here for 3 months. after 3 months staying here we would like to apply for the super visa because at the moment we don't meet conditions for super visa. it will be ok to do this? first to ask for regular visitor visa and after expiring to apply for the super visa?
or there should be longer period apart between two visas?
Why don't your mother in law try to get a regular visitor visa first and then try to get an extension. I have heard that some people's stay can be extended up to 2 years. Even if super visa is approved in the local VO, it can be changed to a regular visa by the immigration officer she encountered:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-cancelled-due-to-misinformed-cbsa-t131106.0.html

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
steaky said:
Why don't your mother in law try to get a regular visitor visa first and then try to get an extension. I have heard that some people's stay can be extended up to 2 years. Even if super visa is approved in the local VO, it can be changed to a regular visa by the immigration officer she encountered:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-cancelled-due-to-misinformed-cbsa-t131106.0.html

after the first visit of 3 months she will go back to the home country and from outland will apply for super visa.
but our concerns are about the period between two applications. I have heard that between two separate applications there should be at least 6 months. is that true?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bibace said:
after the first visit of 3 months she will go back to the home country and from outland will apply for super visa.
but our concerns are about the period between two applications. I have heard that between two separate applications there should be at least 6 months. is that true?
I do not know. However, she can always try for a multiple visit visa and then an extension.

abbyss

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

My parents applied for Super visa.

They got the mail from Delhi to do their medicals.

Should we dislcose the medical condition when we go to do medicals.

My dad had cancer seven years ago, I fear that if he declares during medical exam, they might reject his visa.

Please advice.

What kinda of test they do during medicals, do they do sonography ?

Is it safe not to mention the previous medical condition ?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abbyss said:
Hello Guys,

My parents applied for Super visa.

They got the mail from Delhi to do their medicals.

Should we dislcose the medical condition when we go to do medicals.

My dad had cancer seven years ago, I fear that if he declares during medical exam, they might reject his visa.

Please advice.

What kinda of test they do during medicals, do they do sonography ?

Is it safe not to mention the previous medical condition ?
They basically check for any communicable desease that might be carried to canada... TB, AIDS etc.
Basically what they do is general physical checkup, blood tests and x-rays. They are not concerned with things like diabetes etc since you will be required to have medical insurance during your stay in Canada and the sponsor will be on the hook for paying any extra medical charges.

As far as disclosure is concerned, best thing to do is not disclose anything if not asked for. Sometimes, too much information can be a bad thing too. I dont think cancer will call for an automatic rejection, but if the doctor does not ask for it during the examination, no need to tell him.

Sometimes, what people do is they go to a DMP prior to getting the medical and get a pre-med checkup thing to find out if there is something that cause issues and if you can take medication to address it.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question on similar lines:

My mother is supposed to undergo knee surgery in two months. Will that affect her Visa when it come to medical? The operation will be done in India and then I am planning to apply for her VISA.

Your thoughts pls.