Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
msb23 said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and going to apply for my parents supervisa who are currentlt in India. My LICO is about $400 short of what is required if I have to apply for their visa. Actually I was preparing for a couple of exams in 2011 and could not work for few months, hence the low income. But, I cleared my exams and have got a permanent job now since last 2 months and am earning well now.
My question is, should I be concerned about applying for the VISA considering that my earnings in the T4 fall $400 short of the amount required? Considering that I have a really good job now and earning well, will this compensate for the low income in T4 provided I send my job acceptance letter and my recent pay-stubs?
Assuming an applicant's son/grand-son is a Canadian PR/Citizen and a medical insurance has been purchased, meeting LICO would be the most important criteria for Super Visa. A VO can refuse it straight since it's by the book and you won't have anything to say. On contrary, a VO may/may not see your case the way you have put (like you have been doing a good perm job for 2 months). You're seeing it in a positive way; but the VO can think other way as you already haven't met LICO and moreover it's been only 2 months you're doing this job.

msb23

Apr 19, 2012
thanks for your response rossie. I think i will wait for a few months and then apply when i would have been working in this job for sometime. I understand what you have mentioned but I did not want to wait another year till I receive an updated T4 and apply for their visa then.

Anybody else reading this who has faced a similar situation? please reply

msb23

Apr 19, 2012
Also, Rossei, would you suggest that I apply for their normal TRV and may be try to upgrade that to supervisa at a later stage?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
msb23 said:
Also, Rossei, would you suggest that I apply for their normal TRV and may be try to upgrade that to supervisa at a later stage?
Super Visa (if you meet all requirements) surprising is a lot easier than TRV for parents.

msb23

Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it would be ok to write an extra letter to the VO mentioning about my current financial condition?
Anyway, I am thinking to wait for sometime like 5-6 months before I apply for their visas. It would already have been 7-8 months for me on the job.

1) Letter to VO mentioning reasons for my low LICO ( actually I am about $400 short on LICO :( )
2) Pay stubs for last 6-7 months showing my current financial condition
3) Letter from my current employer mentioning about my yearly gross income
4) Showing enough funds in my parents accounts as well.

Any suggestions if I should proceed with this or wait an year more?

hsd2002

Apr 19, 2012
Hi All,

My parents are in Delhi....applied for super visa on 12 Jan. 2012 ; got medical done and resubmitted passports on 7th Feb 2012 and their VFS tracking status shows .....under processing.

Is it normal that it takes more than two months after re submission of passports to get a reply from CHC, Delhi??
Please reply if anyone has any information about the time line.

Thanks

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
My parents already got their super visa

My question:
What happens if I changed the insurance policy coverage from $100,000 to 50,000$ ?
Will this affect the stay duration which will be provided by the officer in the airport ?

Honestly, I prefer to go with pre-existing 50,000 better than 100,000 with no pre-existing

Any comments ?

moluminku

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
goal80 said:
My parents already got their super visa

My question:
What happens if I changed the insurance policy coverage from $100,000 to 50,000$ ?
Will this affect the stay duration which will be provided by the officer in the airport ?

Honestly, I prefer to go with pre-existing 50,000 better than 100,000 with no pre-existing

Any comments ?
PROBLEM MUST BE CREATED AT POE. DON'T BE SPECULATIVE.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
hsd2002 said:
Hi All,

My parents are in Delhi....applied for super visa on 12 Jan. 2012 ; got medical done and resubmitted passports on 7th Feb 2012 and their VFS tracking status shows .....under processing.

Is it normal that it takes more than two months after re submission of passports to get a reply from CHC, Delhi??
Please reply if anyone has any information about the time line.

Thanks
It's a bit odd if your mother hasn't been asked for any additional medical test. I listed the people of this thread who applied for Super Visa with their application centre name, you can find some from New Delhi and compare. Only CHC-Islamabad (Pakistan) takes longer processing time.

I would tell you to contact CHC for an update.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
VFS-Bangladesh Tracking Update (for my Mother):

Application Received (with Passport): March 29. 2012
Medical Requested (Passport returned): April 5, 2012
Passport Re-received (after doing medical): April 11, 2012
Passport Processed (ready to pick-up): April 22, 2012

They probably still did not call my mother. Now, I'm little nervous when the final decision has been made. Wish me luck. I hope my 600th :eek: post will have some good news.

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
Updates:

March 3 - Application Submitted
March 13 - Medical Reuqisition Letter received
March 15 - Medical Done
March 26 - Mother-in-law's medical was sent to the Canadian Embassy
April 19 - Father-in-law's medical was sent to the Canadian Embassy

**Currently waiting. We have been making the long distance calls from Canada to the Philippines for the past few weeks to contact the SCTS (Susan Camille Timbol-Sanchez Clinic) to inquire about what has been causing the delays for my father-in-law's medical results. Everytime we are calling them, they are saying that everything is clear and there is no further tests needed but recently on April 16 after a month since they've my parents-in-law's medicals has been done, we phoned them again and stated that there is another test that has to be done and would cost for another P2,000 which is ($46.50 CAD) but they have said that they would contact my in-laws 3 days after the tests if there's any concerns and they didn't so we assumed that everything was well, and apparently that's what they have been telling us everytime we are calling them. This clinic have also claimed that they have tried to contact my parents-in-law through phone calls and text messages but apparently no response. We've asked my in-laws and they have never received neither of those. I talked to the doctor and told them they are just after the money, and she couldn't give us concrete reasons of why they took them so long to request for re-medical if it's really necessary. She stated that they will just send the reslut to the Canadian Embassy ini Makati, Philippines and let the Officers decide for themselves. (~reason for another test: apparently they've notice some blood sugars on my father-in-law's urine which took them more than a month to tell us and let us know inspite of our consecutive days of calling them.) So disappointing and annoying that Canadian Embassy in the Philippines will designate one of the medical practitioners like this who's always after the money and taking advantage of the people going abroad. Watch out on this one!

Juzer

May 27, 2011
My mum came to canada with supervisa. She was only granted one year stay by the officer. We had given a letter requesting for two years stay but they refused giving reason that insurance is only valid for only year. It is so dissappointing

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rossei said:
VFS-Bangladesh Tracking Update (for my Mother):

Application Received (with Passport): March 29. 2012
Medical Requested (Passport returned): April 5, 2012
Passport Re-received (after doing medical): April 11, 2012
Passport Processed (ready to pick-up): April 22, 2012
Good News!!!

My mother got Super Visa. She picked it up from VFS today. The visa was issued on April 19, 2012 and valid for 5 years (till passport validity).

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
Good News!!!

My mother got Super Visa. She picked it up from VFS today. The visa was issued on April 19, 2012 and valid for 5 years (till passport validity).
Congrats Rossie!

Your mom finally made it this time :)

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Juzer said:
My mum came to canada with supervisa. She was only granted one year stay by the officer. We had given a letter requesting for two years stay but they refused giving reason that insurance is only valid for only year. It is so dissappointing
In this case (and probably many other cases) CBSA is not doing the commitment that CIC has promised in launching Super Visa. You should write a detailed complaint to the head people of these two agencies. Recently a lady in Regina won her mother case when CBSA only granted her 6 mth stay and then later CIC had to fix it to 2 year after she complain to media.

They should know that insurance companies are not selling 2-year policy to cover the entire length of stay that proposed under Super Visa. The maximum length is only 1 year. They should know that.