+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
ipskang said:
Although I had underwhelming response on my questions from fellow members but still want to share my happiness with you all. My mother got 8 yr super visa. Her passport is valid till 2020

I did little screw up in the beginning. My dad's & grandfather name was incorrect in the financial statements but we saw it the day applied and informed consulate.

Visa applied 22 march
Decision made 4 April
Consulate chandigarh, India
Upfront Medical done 9 march

Cheers to all and best of luck to everyone else

Documents attached

1. Letter of Employments from my & my wife's employer
2. 2011 T4 Slips attested by notary
3. Letter of Invitation
4. Financial Statement from Taxation Advisor
5. My Passport Copy as Proof of relationship attested by notary
6. Our PR Cards & Driving License Copy attested by notary
7. Manulife Insurance for 1 yr
8. Document given by doctor after Upfront Medicals
For Upfront medical.
Did you have to do anything? I called a doctor for this and they said the form they have for upfront medical does not have space for the super visa category. Do you know what you did and what did the doctor wrote on the form?

It would be very helpful in my case.

Kaur07

Mar 27, 2012
ipskang said:
Can I do copy this just for my mom , this is invitation letter , I wrote as in summery , what u think this better pls help ??

Someone asked me for the letter of invitation. I invited my mother so If you are inviting both parents/mother in law/father in law, please change it accordingly Here it is

Subject: Application for Temporary Resident Visa (Super Visa) for Parent Name

We, Your Name and Spouse Name (married since xxxx), of City Name, in the Province of Province Name, Canada

DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE:

1. We are both Permanent residents of Canada.
2. That we are residing at Your Address
3. I, Your Name ( DOB: Your Date of Birth), am gainfully employed as Position/Profile at Employer name since Month Year
4.I, Spouse Name ( DOB: Your Date of Birth), am gainfully employed as Position/Profile at Employer name since Month Year
5. That we have sufficient income and bank balance to satisfy the undertaking here in given.(T4's & Letter of Employement attached)
6. We have invited Your Name's mother, Parent Name ( DOB: Your Date of Birth) resident of Mother's Permanent Address to visit us here in Your City .
7. That whilst the mother is visiting Canada, we will support all the expenses for the mother including stay, food, medical, insurance, travel etc. We will also be responsible
for all the costs related to their visit including health insurance.
8. We hereby undertake to the Government of Province Name and Canada to be fully responsible for the living expenses of the mother during their stay in Canada as a visitor. We further undertake to use best efforts to ensure that she will leave Canada when legally
required to do so.
9. The sole purpose of applying for the mother's visa is that she can visit her son and daughter-in-law whenever she wishes. She has her own house and has rented out few properties that is on her name. She has no intent to stay here in Canada permanently. She is going to spend 7-8 months with us this time and planning to come in Month Year

10. AND We make this Solemn Declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is for the same force and effects as if made under oath.
Copies of all the documents, in support to this Affidavit, are attached herewith.

Regards
Your Name & Spouse Name

Address

Phone Numbers

Signatures

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
My mom applied in Chandigarh and she just mentioned them we have to do Upfront medical for Visitor Visa.

We visited doctor in Mohali. The below link might help you

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/images/BusinessVisitorsTransitSeamenReligiousWorkers_13jan.pdf
sthaeem said:
For Upfront medical.
Did you have to do anything? I called a doctor for this and they said the form they have for upfront medical does not have space for the super visa category. Do you know what you did and what did the doctor wrote on the form?

It would be very helpful in my case.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Kaur07 said:
You can use this letter and put your details in there

gpz100

Jan 31, 2012
rupesh said:
thank you ipskang for sharing this...
Hi rupesh .. I tried to reply to u .. but it looks i dont have permission to send personal messages ... send me your email, i will reply .. gopikrishna.in@gmail.com

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi everyone:
My mom entered Canada as a visitor she was given 6 months then we applied for an extension, thinking she could get the supervisa inside canada and they gave her an extension for one year, actually we submitted all the documents as if it was for a supervisa but they clearly said to apply for a supervisa it has to be outsice Canada. The extension says it does not authorize re-entry. So it means If she leaves Canada in order for her to come back she needs to apply for a visa again. So she wll be heading home to apply for the supervia. But my husband was laid off just yesterday, do you think it will affect the application if we still send the documents? She has her own money so she will send a bank statement and her properties papers. had already her medicals done here in Canada she has her insurance which started in December. I need to know If she can send passports and all the documentation to the VO it corresponds without her having to leave Canada? And if she has to leave how long will the process take? by the way or VO is in Guatemala.

Thanks your comments will be very appreciated.

T

torontonian999

You can apply to extend her status from within Canada through Super Visa (by sending your application to Vegreville, Alberta). Did you have the correct medical insurance, write a support letter, meet the LICO requirements etc?

gigab said:
Hi everyone:
My mom entered Canada as a visitor she was given 6 months then we applied for an extension, thinking she could get the supervisa inside canada and they gave her an extension for one year, actually we submitted all the documents as if it was for a supervisa but they clearly said to apply for a supervisa it has to be outsice Canada. The extension says it does not authorize re-entry. So it means If she leaves Canada in order for her to come back she needs to apply for a visa again. So she wll be heading home to apply for the supervia. But my husband was laid off just yesterday, do you think it will affect the application if we still send the documents? She has her own money so she will send a bank statement and her properties papers. had already her medicals done here in Canada she has her insurance which started in December. I need to know If she can send passports and all the documentation to the VO it corresponds without her having to leave Canada? And if she has to leave how long will the process take? by the way or VO is in Guatemala.

Thanks your comments will be very appreciated.

bettafish

Mar 28, 2012
Hello all,
I need some help with my parents super visa.They were asked to submit photocopy of passport + receipt given from medical office.They had sent it to NewDelhi office 2 weeks ago. No news after that.Is it normal time after medical or is there anything wrong? Is there any way I can find the status of their application? I was wondering why there were asked to submit passport photocopy when others send original! Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
bettafish said:
Hello all,
I need some help with my parents super visa.They were asked to submit photocopy of passport + receipt given from medical office.They had sent it to NewDelhi office 2 weeks ago. No news after that.Is it normal time after medical or is there anything wrong? Is there any way I can find the status of their application? I was wondering why there were asked to submit passport photocopy when others send original! Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.
As far I've seen and been told, it takes another 2~4 weeks after medical is being done. In your case, it's almost time. I think they would ask for the original passport when a decision will be made and then your parents have to send them. It will just waste another 1~2 week.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Do u have to be emplyed to apply for a super visa. What if I want to do some courses. Can a certain proof of fund do the trick??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Since many more have been successful in getting Super Visa in last few weeks; I felt updating the list of applicants of this thread:

USER APPLIED (When/Where) RESULT (When/Length)

imran007 DEC 26 FEB 22 (SuperVisa); POE allowed only 6-month stay
creampuffs JAN 3 MAR 19 (SuperVisa)
goal80 JAN 4 MAR 27 (6.5-yr SuperVisa)
TRUONGAN JAN 5 (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) FEB 5 (5-yr SuperVisa); 5-yr limited to Vietnamese; POE allowed 2-yr stay
jasi JAN 16 (Chandigarh, India) FEB 29 (8-yr SuperVisa)
jcmal JAN 17 (KL, Malaysia) MAR 27 (4.5-yr SuperVisa)
raiden213 JAN 20 (Manila, Philippines) MAR 30 (4-yr SuperVisa)
Juzer Jan 31 (Nairobi, Kenya) MAR 14 (10-yr SuperVisa)
pulsarsidhu FEB 1 MAR 15 (10-yr SuperVisa)
Moraine FEB 6 (Manila, Philippines) MAR 22 (SuperVisa: 1-yr for Mom & 4-yr for Dad)
emr FEB 22 (India) MAR 14 (9-yr SuperVisa)
masudhasan No Date (Bangladesh) No Date (SuperVisa)
jignesh_padia No Date No Date (7-yr SuperVisa); POE allowed only 6-month stay
markthomas MAR 5 (New Delhi, India) MAR 10 (10-yr SuperVisa)
ipskang MAR 22 (Chandigarh, India) APR 4 (8-yr SuperVisa)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

torontonian999 No Date (Vegreville, AB) MAR 13 (2-yr extension on TRV)
gigab No Date (Canada) No Date (1-yr extension on TRV)
naveen73 MAR 5 (New Delhi, India) MAR 7 (TRV); SuperVisa not given for limited PP validity
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

vivacanada DEC 7 (Buffalo, US)
zstudent DEC 14 (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
ZU DEC 15 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
canadian007 DEC 23 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
katetellkate JAN 12
sady FEB 14 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
Pak-Canadian No Date (Pakistan)
gpz100 No Date (New Delhi, India)
onj2012 MAR 3 (Manila, Philippines)
minsky MAR 11
formula163 No Date (Chandigarh, India)
bettafish No Date (New Delhi, India)
Rossei MAR 28 (Dhaka, Bangladesh)

ash2012 expected-FEB (India)
YuliyaD expected-FEB
MartinaaH expected-MAR (Columbia)
sthaeem expexted-MAR (Islamabad, Pakistan)

CalgaryKD JAN 17 (Turkey) JAN 19 (REFUSED for IMM History); later he GOT Visa
sponbd JAN 18 (Dhaka, Bangladesh) No Date (REFUSED for failure to provide latest NOA upon request)

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Does anybody know why POE decide to grant some super visa holders only 6 month stay?

Is that a random thing or there was missing document or miscommunication?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I found some other success stories in the forum and added here. I hope you don't mind seeing people getting Super Visas :D

USER APPLIED (When/Where) RESULT (When/Length)

banff DEC 14 (Islamabad, Pakistan) MAR 27 (4-yr SuperVisa)
ZU DEC 15 (Islamabad, Pakistan) APR 13 (SuperVisa)
imran007 DEC 26 FEB 22 (SuperVisa); POE allowed only 6-month stay
creampuffs JAN 3 MAR 19 (SuperVisa)
goal80 JAN 4 MAR 27 (6.5-yr SuperVisa)
TRUONGAN JAN 5 (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) FEB 5 (5-yr SuperVisa); 5-yr limited to Vietnamese; POE allowed 2-yr stay
jasi JAN 16 (Chandigarh, India) FEB 29 (8-yr SuperVisa)
jcmal JAN 17 (KL, Malaysia) MAR 27 (4.5-yr SuperVisa)
raiden213 JAN 20 (Manila, Philippines) MAR 30 (4-yr SuperVisa)
kan2008 JAN 27 (Islamabad, Pakistan) APR 12 (3-yr SuperVisa)
Juzer Jan 31 (Nairobi, Kenya) MAR 14 (10-yr SuperVisa)
pulsarsidhu FEB 1 MAR 15 (10-yr SuperVisa)
Moraine FEB 6 (Manila, Philippines) MAR 22 (SuperVisa: 1-yr for Mom & 4-yr for Dad)
emr FEB 22 (India) MAR 14 (9-yr SuperVisa)
masudhasan No Date (Bangladesh) No Date (SuperVisa)
asbuet No Date (Bangladesh) No Date (SuperVisa); 25 days of processing
jignesh_padia No Date No Date (7-yr SuperVisa); POE allowed only 6-month stay
markthomas MAR 5 (New Delhi, India) MAR 10 (10-yr SuperVisa)
ipskang MAR 22 (Chandigarh, India) APR 4 (8-yr SuperVisa)

torontonian999 No Date (Vegreville, AB) MAR 13 (2-yr extension on TRV)
gigab No Date (Canada) No Date (1-yr extension on TRV)
naveen73 MAR 5 (New Delhi, India) MAR 7 (TRV); SuperVisa not given for limited PP validity

vivacanada DEC 7 (Buffalo, US)
zstudent DEC 14 (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
canadian007 DEC 23 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
katetellkate JAN 12
omeirk JAN 29 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
sady FEB 14 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
mrp1981 FEB 14 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
maneek FEB 17 (Islamabad, Pakistan)
Pak-Canadian No Date (Pakistan)
gpz100 No Date (New Delhi, India)
onj2012 MAR 3 (Manila, Philippines)
minsky MAR 11
formula163 No Date (Chandigarh, India)
bettafish No Date (New Delhi, India)
Rossei MAR 28 (Dhaka, Bangladesh)

ash2012 expected-FEB (India)
YuliyaD expected-FEB
MartinaaH expected-MAR (Columbia)
sthaeem expexted-MAR (Islamabad, Pakistan)

CalgaryKD JAN 17 (Turkey) JAN 19 (REFUSED for IMM History); later he GOT Visa
sponbd JAN 18 (Dhaka, Bangladesh) No Date (REFUSED for failure to provide latest NOA upon request)

msb23

Apr 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and going to apply for my parents supervisa who are currentlt in India. My LICO is about $400 short of what is required if I have to apply for their visa. Actually I was preparing for a couple of exams in 2011 and could not work for few months, hence the low income. But, I cleared my exams and have got a permanent job now since last 2 months and am earning well now.
My question is, should I be concerned about applying for the VISA considering that my earnings in the T4 fall $400 short of the amount required? Considering that I have a really good job now and earning well, will this compensate for the low income in T4 provided I send my job acceptance letter and my recent pay-stubs?