24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Congratulation to everyone who got their Parents Super visa approved

I have sent papers to my mom and she has done her medicals in advance. May this week or next week she will apply at VFS Chandigarh

I would love to have views on my last questions.

I have attached my Passport as Proof of relation. In my matriculation, my dad name is AB Singh XXXX

ipskang said:
They don't have marraige certificate. Also, my dad died in 1992 , all I have his death certificate and it has not exactly same address as on our mom's passport

I believe this is not huge thing but don't want to mess up
Does anyone have the same scenario?

My dad's name on the my passport : AB Singh XXXX

On My mom's passport : AB Singh

Is there a any issue?

I am wandering should I mention in the letter to CIC or not?
Any comments

Also, There is mentioned that "Place the barcode page (page 5 of 5) on the top of each individual package."

what does it mean by Individual Package?

If I am applying for my mom, I guess I don't have to print another

wynneng

Mar 20, 2012
Congrats to all who got the super visas, this encourage us a lot. Good luck to others.

Some web pages advised that in Vietnam we should need to submit the 'TEMPORARY RESIDENT QUESTIONNAIRE', a form that we need to type up ourself (no online form to download). Do we really need this form, guys? Thanks for answering my question.

TEMPORARY RESIDENT QUESTIONNAIRE

(1) Your Employment:
- Position:......................................... ................................ Current salary: ......................................
- Employer: .................................................. .................... .................................................. ............
- How long have you been on the job? ........................... .................................................. ............
- Description of your work/ responsibilities: .................. .................................................. ............
- How long have you been granted leave? ...................... .................................................. ............
- With or without pay? ……………… Is the leave permission attached? Yes  No 

(2) Spouse’s employment:
- Position:......................................... ................................ Current salary: .....................................
- Employer: .................................................. ................... .................................................. ............

(3) Funds in Vietnam:
- Any savings? Yes  No 
- Timed deposit:.......................................... ..................... Amount: ..............................................
- Other savings and their sources: .................................. .................................................. ............

(4) Property and assets:
- Do you own house(s)? ………. How many? ......... Own land? ........ How many pieces?...........
- Automobile(s)? .................................................. ..... How many? ...............................................
- Motorcycle(s)? .................................................. ...... How many? ...............................................

(5) Funds in Canada:
- Sponsor’s and spouse’s T4 and income tax return slips for the past two years: ........................
- Sponsor’s and spouse’s bank account / bank statements, etc: .................................................. ..
- Other funds and their sources: ..................................... .................................................. ............
- How many sponsor’s children? .................................... Age: .................................................. ...

(6) Sponsor(s) in Canada:
- Name(s): .................................................. ..................... Date of Birth: ......................................
- Status in Canada: Citizen Permanent resident Temporary resident Worker Student
- When was their last visit to Vietnam? .......................... .................................................. ............
- Purpose and duration of their visit: .............................. .................................................. ............

(7) Relative(s) in Canada:

Full name Date of birth Relationship

(Please continue on a separate sheet if you have additional relatives)

(8) Purpose of your trip to Canada:
- Purpose of your visit to Canada: .................................. .................................................. ............
- Duration of stay: .................................................. ......... with whom: .........................................
- Who will pay for the plane ticket and other expenses? .................................................. ............
- Have you ever been to Canada? Yes  No  How many times? ...........................................
- Copy of previous visa(s): ............................................. .................................................. ............

(9) What are the obligations/ reasons for your return to Vietnam?
.................................................. ....................................... .................................................. ............
.................................................. ....................................... .................................................. ............

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
When you apply make a separate application for each person ..the barcode page have to be on top the application package do the medical and submit the Application ..i has the same problem with my father name but it doesn matter ..give the proof of your landing paper its says everything ...

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
I need help Did you book oneway ticket or round trip we got the supervisa but dont know which one to choose please help me

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
emr said:
Applied for my Mother's Super Visa on 22nd of Feb.
Medicals done on 29 Feb.
Passport with visa recd on 14 March.

Mom got a nine year validity based on her passport validity.
(India)

Wish all the others awaiting their parents' approval all the very best....

hi dude ,
my parents got the super visa 10 year validity visa.can you please tell me did you book one way ticket or Round trip please your advice is more appreciated

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
just updating my stat....
my parents in law received their visa yesterday....but not sure how long they could stay here.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
@ MarkThomas: Congratulations on your parents receiving the visa.
We haven't decided as yet.....most probably it will be a one way tkt.

@ creampuffs: Congratulations on your in-laws getting their visa.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
emr said:
@ MarkThomas: Congratulations on your parents receiving the visa.
We haven't decided as yet.....most probably it will be a one way tkt.

@ creampuffs: Congratulations on your in-laws getting their visa.
thanks so much emr ;)

ottawat

Feb 13, 2012
creampuffs,

CONGRATS!!! How long did it take for your in laws to get the visa? Duration from the medicals to get the visa?

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
It has been 5 weeks after medical exam. My mom went to the embassy again (2nd time) to ask about her application status. Her medical insurance starts on March 30th. This time the girl upfront was more helpful. She told my mom that they have not received anything from the Singapore Regional Office yet. 5 weeks?? So long?? I thought they are pretty quick. Anyway, she asked my mom to write a letter to hand in to the officer about the situation and hopefully they will check with the office in Singapore. She wrote a letter on the spot. Is this normal though to take so long? We are just afraid that the Singapore office didn't even receive my mother's medical report. She will check with the hospital where she did her exam on Monday.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
Received parents' super visa March 22, 2012
Mother's super visa is good for only 1 year
Father's super visa is good for only 4 year

Manila, Philippines
Application February 6, 2012
Medicals received February 27, 2012

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
jcmal said:
It has been 5 weeks after medical exam. My mom went to the embassy again (2nd time) to ask about her application status. Her medical insurance starts on March 30th. This time the girl upfront was more helpful. She told my mom that they have not received anything from the Singapore Regional Office yet. 5 weeks?? So long?? I thought they are pretty quick. Anyway, she asked my mom to write a letter to hand in to the officer about the situation and hopefully they will check with the office in Singapore. She wrote a letter on the spot. Is this normal though to take so long? We are just afraid that the Singapore office didn't even receive my mother's medical report. She will check with the hospital where she did her exam on Monday.
Singapore Regional Health Management is usually very quick! They respond within about a week in most cases.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013

After a month of appealing a Canadian immigration mix-up, one Regina resident will now have her mother's support as her first child is born ? and for a long time after.

Liza Parekh and her husband are originally from India, but have lived in Regina since 2010. With the couple expecting its first baby in April, and Parekh battling gestational diabetes, she wanted her mother by her side.

Her mother applied for a Super Visa, a new option for visitors to Canada ? announced in November ? that would allow them to travel in and out of Canada and visit their family over a period of 10 years, with each stay lasting two years. Her mother completed the process but, when she showed up at the border on Feb. 18, border officials granted her only a sixmonth stay.

Parekh spent the next month trying to find out what happened, contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and federal Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

On March 16, after weeks of wondering and going to the media, Parekh received a call from CIC informing her that her mother would now be allowed to stay until Feb. 15, 2014. No reason was given.

"It's a great relief. We're really relieved that we don't have to go through extensions and all of the uncertainty," Parekh says. "I honestly will need to return to work after a few months. Because of the uncertainty, I wouldn't have been able to plan my return to work. "But now I will be able to, because I know that (my mother) will be here longer than six months. It's just the family support that one can count on."

However, Parekh still feels dissatisfied about the whole process, which she says put a lot of unnecessary stress on her.

"In the end, they have to acknowledge that this should never have happened," Parekh says.

When the Leader-Post initially contacted CIC, the organization said it couldn't comment on specific cases. However, CBSA was able to look into Parekh's case. A CBSA spokesperson wrote that Parekh's mother didn't have con-firmation of a medical examination, which would make her ineligible for a two-year stay.

Parekh, however, said her mother had received a medical exam. Furthermore, according to a letter her mother received from the Government of Canada, "It is the DMPs (Designated Medical Practitioners) responsibility to forward all medical results directly to the Canadian High Commission." Parekh was unsure why the results wouldn't be available to the border officials.

Another problem, she adds, was that no interpreter was made available for her mother, who speaks little English. The CBSA spokesperson, however, said a certified interpreter was made available.

Overall, Parekh is frustrated with CBSA, which never replied to her inquiries during the process.

"I think that there's enough frustration out there among the general public," says Parekh, who adds there seems to be a disconnect between CIC and CBSA.

For Parekh, the final result was, "What we were planning for, but unfortunately it took us all these other headaches to get it." Her tale has a happy ending, but she fears others won't be so lucky.

"I think there could be many other people suffering like this because of discrepancies in the system," Parekh says.

jhamelin @ leaderpost.com

© Copyright (c) The Regina Leader-Post

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Reginan+clears+immigration/6339895/story.html#ixzz1pxcDc0fv