+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Some people buy the medical insurance just to take the visa.
Once they received the visa, they cancel the insurance ...

At the airport, if I'm the officer, I will give 6 months to anyone has a super visa and does not have his confirmation of medical insurance handy !
And maybe I'll refuse to let her/him to enter Canada because he was granted the visa based on many factors (one of them is the medical insurance)
Buying the insurance and cancel it after receiving the visa... for me this is kind of fraud

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
goal80 said:
Some people buy the medical insurance just to take the visa.
Once they received the visa, they cancel the insurance ...

At the airport, if I'm the officer, I will give 6 months to anyone has a super visa and does not have his confirmation of medical insurance handy !
And maybe I'll refuse to let her/him to enter Canada because he was granted the visa based on many factors (one of them is the medical insurance)
Buying the insurance and cancel it after receiving the visa... for me this is kind of fraud
remember a valid insurance certificate must be available for review upon request of a POE officer. As long as one is under coverage, they have a choice to select other cheaper insurance options. There are more and more economical policies for Super Visa, one doesn't have to stick with any policy from beginning to end.

To eliminate the possibility you stated, I suggest CIC to establish health insurance for its clients and not rely on private companies, at a fixed and affordable rate.

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
TRUONGAN said:
Singapore Regional Health Management is usually very quick! They respond within about a week in most cases.
Thanks, Truongan. That's what I thought too! My mother checked with the hospital where she did her medical exam. She was told that the report was couriered to Singapore on Feb 21. It's more than a month. Kuala Lumpur and Singapore is so close! I hope the letter that my mom wrote to the officer will actually alert him/her to look into this. Other than that, I don't know what else we can do on our side.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Good news ..
My parents received their super visa today...
Validity till the end of passport minus 3 months --- (total 6 years and half)

Processing time : 12 weeks
Medicals submitted to London

Timeline:
Applied 04 Jan 2012
Medical done: 20 Jan
Visa : 27 March
Category: PG-1

Fiona2012

Mar 27, 2012
Hi Torontonian,
I read the 27 pages regarding the super visa and you were the only one whom I found to be in the situation I am in :)... and funny thing was that was the last page I decided to see as I couldn't found any info that I wanted..

Torontonian, I am in a situation as you were a couple of months back. My mom is here with me on multiple TRV and has got the 6 months visa till August. But as it is difficult to travel back and forth at this age, I want to apply for the super visa. So can I apply for the super visa now stating that I want it after August 2012. Actually her passport is expiring in Jan 2014. But as I have already got the insurance from India till Aug, I want to apply for super visa after Aug.

I would appreciate if you could let me know the documents you submitted and the time it took for you to receive the passport stamped with visa. Also, I am tired with the research, phone calls and wondering which insurance to go with... if you have any input in this regard too, would be great (she is 61 years old... just in case your mom is in the same age bracket)

Thanks
Fiona

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Hey Fiona2012,

Read ur Q about insurance....just wanted to let you know that my Mom is 62 (without any pre-existing med conditions) and we have bought her insurance from GMS for her Supervisa.

All the best.....

smfaisal28

Nov 11, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
13-05-2017
Med's Request
29-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2017 (Expecation)
LANDED..........
29-09-2017 (Expecation)
Hello,

Parents are already in Canada on Visit Visa for 6 Months and their visa will be expiring soon, what should they do? Will they be eligible to renew their status to Super Visa , can anyone tell me whether they can apply for Super visa during there stay or not? if yes is it how long it would take for them to get Super Visa ?

Kind Regards

Fiona2012

Mar 27, 2012
Hello emr,

Thank you very much. I think you had started this thread.
Was really helpful reading all pages with the useful info on super visa.

Well done
Fiona

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Begining the process to apply Super Visa for my parents and my parents in law !

Looking forward to support here and I am very motivated to hear the good news from many here :)

Any suggestions for medical insurance? I am applying right now for all four of them, because supervisa is just new and i want to get it done with and be good for few years. My only concern is, if we buy medical insurance now, can we postpone it to a later date, if my parents decide to come lets say next year?

moluminku

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
sparkle said:
Hello All,

Begining the process to apply Super Visa for my parents and my parents in law !

Looking forward to support here and I am very motivated to hear the good news from many here :)

Any suggestions for medical insurance? I am applying right now for all four of them, because supervisa is just new and i want to get it done with and be good for few years. My only concern is, if we buy medical insurance now, can we postpone it to a later date, if my parents decide to come lets say next year?
have you sufficent fund,letter of assesment2011 or t4.?fund for...2+2+2=6member doller52000+annualy

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes me and my husband both are employed. He actually works in US (Detroit). So, I guess for his parents, we need to attach his employment letter and paystubs. That should be good enough? Should I attach my notice of assessment and my employment details as well ?

Is it a good idea to apply for all 4 at the same time? I mean I send my details for my parents with an invitation letter from me and my husband. And for my inlaws, sending my husband's details with a similar letter from both of us.

I already asked my parents and in laws to get the medical exam done.

Fiona2012

Mar 27, 2012
Hi,
May be this is a silly question... but I am confused with the term 'pre-existing med conditions'. My mother has High BP so will I have take a policy with pre-existing med condition
Thanks
Fiona

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
Update!! My mother got her super visa yesterday, March 27. It's valid until the expiry of her passport (2016).

Selyah79

Mar 28, 2012
Hi everyone! I came across to this website looking for supervisa timeline and thank God i found this coz i really find it so helpful as i read everyone's experience..i just want to have an opinion or answers in my case and it would be greatly appreciated.. What happened is my mom filed her supervisa application last march 8 in manila phil embassy.. and till now we haven't heard any initial response from them..since it says on their website that their processing days is 14 days without knowing that it only includes business days:) and it says you can only follow up your status if it exceeds the normal processing time.. Like what i've said i think we followed up too early because we didn't know that it only includes working days tomorrow will be it's 14th.. But they do reply back to my email and this is what it says;

Dear Mrs. Xxxxxxxxxx,

please be advised that applications for supervisa are processed for more than 15 working days since applicants for supervisa are required to undergo medical examination.

If you have already complied with your medical examination, please provide us the name of designated medical practitioner who examined u and the date result was forwarded to the medical section of embassy..

My question is what should i do with this should i reply? Or still wait? Is it normal that it exceeds their processing times and no initial response yet? No med req.. Etc.. I'm just worried because some of the applicants from phils as i have read here they got med req within that 14 business days time frame.. Please let me know your opinions thanks and God bless us all hope we can get the supervisa for our parents! Goodluck everyone! Thanks in advance..

T

torontonian999

Hi Fiona,

Yes, you can apply from within Canada. Why would you wanna apply for the extension now if her status in Canada is expring in August, 2012. Not sure what the officer would think about that.

You can apply around 1-2 months before her expiry. You will basically need to meet the minimum LICO requirements (send your most recent Option C printout), purchase a minimum of $100,000 insurance for a year from a Canadian insurance company, prove that she is your mother (by your birth certificate for e.g.). And also write an invitation letter that you will fully cover her expenses and why you would like her to stay with you. In the letter, also include how many people reside in your household and include your spouse and dependent children for LICO requirements. You should also include everything else in their document checklist - photocopies of passport pages, entry stamps, visas, and a payment of $75 application fee.

I purchased insurance from Travel Guard. That was the most reasonable in my case. Paid $1,200 for a $150,000 coverage (actually they don't have $100,000 coverage as far as I know).

I requested an extension for 2 years and they gave it for 2 years and 21 days. In your case, the extension will not go beyond January, 2014, since the maximum extension will be as per the passport validity.

And the time it takes to process is what they say on their website under the processing times for "Visitors". I sent paper application, and it took exactly 30 days - the same as their website claimed. If you apply online, it will be around 12 days as of now. I preferred paper application, because didn't want to scan so many documents.

And first they sent us the approved "Visitor Record", and then sent the medical forms and asked to pass the medical examination within 90 days. My mom has yet to do that.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck!

Fiona2012 said:
Hi Torontonian,
I read the 27 pages regarding the super visa and you were the only one whom I found to be in the situation I am in :)... and funny thing was that was the last page I decided to see as I couldn't found any info that I wanted..

Torontonian, I am in a situation as you were a couple of months back. My mom is here with me on multiple TRV and has got the 6 months visa till August. But as it is difficult to travel back and forth at this age, I want to apply for the super visa. So can I apply for the super visa now stating that I want it after August 2012. Actually her passport is expiring in Jan 2014. But as I have already got the insurance from India till Aug, I want to apply for super visa after Aug.

I would appreciate if you could let me know the documents you submitted and the time it took for you to receive the passport stamped with visa. Also, I am tired with the research, phone calls and wondering which insurance to go with... if you have any input in this regard too, would be great (she is 61 years old... just in case your mom is in the same age bracket)

Thanks
Fiona