+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

yyc1865

Feb 17, 2018
^Of course you need your parents’ signature, except for the application form which is electronic signature.
Proof of financial support can be your NOA, T4, employment letter, bank statements, etc.
Submission letter is only for paid representative.
Thanks for your information.
Do my parent need to provide proof of bank statement or bank draft.
In Application Form, there is an option to fill how long to stay my parents in Canada and funds available for stay. So what can I fill information in this option?.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Hi Folks,

Sharing timeline for Super-visa:
Application filed: Feb 19th,2018
Medical request: March 6th,2018
Medical Done:March,9th 2018
Passport Request:March 15th,2018
Passport with Visa received:March 23rd,2018

All the best everyone.

Thanks

Reactions: JLooby and yyc1865

yedugos

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Friends.

Need advice. I need to apply for Super Visa for my Mother. My father passed away during last few weeks and we are looking to bring mother here for few months to recover from grief. My question is, apart from Insurance requirement, is our situation (ties to home country) a reason for refusal and any proofs or documents need to be submitted?. She is pension holder and has some funds in Bank. Would that be enough?. Also, any good insurance company that is advised?

Thanks

S

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hi Friends.

Need advice. I need to apply for Super Visa for my Mother. My father passed away during last few weeks and we are looking to bring mother here for few months to recover from grief. My question is, apart from Insurance requirement, is our situation (ties to home country) a reason for refusal and any proofs or documents need to be submitted?. She is pension holder and has some funds in Bank. Would that be enough?. Also, any good insurance company that is advised?

Thanks

S
Sorry to hear about your father, hope you and your mom are ok.

Super-visa is assessed on an overall basis so no one really can't guarantee anything. I was in similar boat, had a terrible tragedy in the family and wanted to bring mom here for some time. She has very weak ties to her home country as well, and strong ties here, and I was nervous about it. But she got approved in 1 week for her supervisa, so there's always hope. I included following in my application:

Income proof: NOA 2016, T4 2017, employment letter, pay-stubs, last 3 month's bank statement.
Ties to home country: Mom's bank statements at two different banks, property papers under her name.
Medical was done upfront, for insurance you can google super visa insurance and you can find plenty.
Other documents: Statement of purpose, Invitation letter. Make sure you provide good reasons here to satisfy the officer that she will leave at the end of her stay. This could include, she has to be back to take care of someone elderly at home (her parents), renew rental agreement for the house, renew pension, doctor's appointment, other social reasons, etc. I said in the application that my mom intends to come for 1 year.

Good luck! Hopefully you get the visa and all goes well.

MILIND1985

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/06/2014
IELTS Request
with file
File Transfer...
25/11/2014
Med's Request
09/09/2015
Med's Done....
16/09/2015
Interview........
waived tlu verification
Passport Req..
05/11/2015 DM - 23/10/2015
Hi guys,

I am going to apply online application for my parents. So I need a signature on application IMM 5267 application form, IMM5645 family information ?. I am representative of my parent application so I need to sign in representative form as well. I already made GIC account and their information regarding as no signature required for the online application. I am confused about that Do I need the signature of my parents on the application form and scanned again to upload the document.

Last question, what is proof of Means of Financial Support ?.

Does anyone have a sample of representative submission letter?

Thanks in advance.
Hi you dont need to physically sign any form as once you submit application you would be asked to digitally sign
all the forms .
i know some people say that digital sign is only accepted for main form but no that is not right , as i have recently applied for my mothers
supervisa and she or me didnt sign any of the forms.

proof of financial support means funds
if its normal visitor application ur parents need to show funds in there account.
if its supervisa application than funds in ur canadian account would be more than enough

u dont need to submit any reprsentative letter , there is a simple form u need to fill up and submit

MILIND1985

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/06/2014
IELTS Request
with file
File Transfer...
25/11/2014
Med's Request
09/09/2015
Med's Done....
16/09/2015
Interview........
waived tlu verification
Passport Req..
05/11/2015 DM - 23/10/2015
Hi Friends.

Thanks

S
sorry to hear about your father.
But as peaceful said for strong ties just any property in her name and her bank account and pension would be more then rnough.
I recently applied for my mothers supervisa and was in same boat as you as she is widowed
but i got my visas within one month.

best of luck.

python143

Jun 20, 2015
Hi All,

Anyone applied in April for Supervisa. Please share your timeline as I have applied for my mom and wanted to keep a track.

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Anyone applied in April for Supervisa. Please share your timeline as I have applied for my mom and wanted to keep a track.
I have applied for my mom on 16th Mar 2018 online with upfront medicals (India). Medical passed on 20th Mar 2018.
No update since then.

JLooby

Apr 19, 2018
Yes, so when your Document checklist is generated - it says the following:

Visiting Canada – Your personal checklist
Based on your answers, you may be eligible to come to Canada as a visitor.

I just re-checked on the document checklist that generated for me (i.e for my parents application)

But make sure you did select for SUPER VISA option, prior to the generation of document checklist - if you did that then it's fine and your checklist should ask you for your medical insurance coverage, medical test etc.
Hi there, i am lost with this too.

They sure dont make this site easy to follow.

So i clicked here to begin the process for the supervisa: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

And then i was asked to determin my mom's eligibility. And then i received the "Your document checklist"
Visiting Canada - Your personal checklist
based on your answers you may be elidible to come to Canada as a visitor.

Questions
- Where was I supposed to say im applying for a Supervisa, and not just a regular visa ?
- My mom already has a regular visa that expires in 8 years, am i able to just apply for the supervisa designation (im guessing no)
- I am planning on having my mom come up in a couple of weeks, and was going to apply for her supervisa from here in Ottawa. Is that possible? or does she need to be out of the country to submit her application? I was under the impression it could be done from within canada, but on the "Your document checlist" the application form they provided was "application for visitor visa made outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Thank's in advance for your assistance with my query.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
does anyone know the processing times for Philippines for super visa? The website says 114 days but I hear from some people that it might be fast then that. can anyone share their timeline applying online from Canada?

jai.dhillon

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all,
I am in process to apply for my mother’s super visa over next week.
Is there any whatsapp group / webpage where in all applicants share their progress , views/queries.
Please share.

Thank you
Jai

faraz246

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 11-03-2015
AOR Received.
RPRF & Updated Info Chart: 09-09-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
SLU: 21-08-15, TLU: 11-09-15
Med's Request
10-09-15
Med's Done....
22-09-15, repeated blood sample: 29-09-15
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
08-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hi
I need some help. We are planning to apply for my parents. The document checklist states 'proof of financial support - you must include proof that you can support yourself and any family members accompanying you while you are in canada'.
My parents don't have any property and neither any bank balance back home in Pakistan. In this case, does our bank statement will serve the purpose or they need finances in their account too?
Please suggest!