+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa After Covid.

shayanmubarak1

Mar 2, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to apply for super visa for my parents .Please share your experience how long is it taking right now and is it wise to apply given that Corona is still spreading at a moderate space in my home country. Is it better to wait for few months?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks!!!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Processing times are all over the place right now and longer than usual on average. There's no optimal time to apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to apply for super visa for my parents .Please share your experience how long is it taking right now and is it wise to apply given that Corona is still spreading at a moderate space in my home country. Is it better to wait for few months?

Thanks!!!
Biometrics and medicals are unlikely to be possible.

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!!!
My parents submitted an online application on March 10 and got a biometric request a couple of days later. They submitted their biometrics and got a confirmation on their account of the submission by March 17. After that CIC implemented the pause on processing applications because of covid-19 and my parents had no update or progress in their application.
However, when immediate family members were exempt from travel restrictions, my parents sent an email as instructed by IRCC with proof of relationship and letter from us on June 10 to request completion of their application. Two days later they received Medical request and additional documents request on their account.
Additional Documents were submitted right away and Medicals were completed and submitted on June 19, then they got Medical passed on June 22 on the account. No updates ever since.
So, I guess they are processing applications but they can not give any estimations on processing times. Also, many countries do have VACs and medical centres open for biometric and medical tests, it just depends on where your parents are.

chil11

Feb 18, 2020
... Also, many countries do have VACs and medical centres open for biometric and medical tests, it just depends on where your parents are.
Where can we check this? My parents are in Bangalore, India. I want to start the process for them.

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
My parents submitted an online application on March 10 and got a biometric request a couple of days later. They submitted their biometrics and got a confirmation on their account of the submission by March 17. After that CIC implemented the pause on processing applications because of covid-19 and my parents had no update or progress in their application.
However, when immediate family members were exempt from travel restrictions, my parents sent an email as instructed by IRCC with proof of relationship and letter from us on June 10 to request completion of their application. Two days later they received Medical request and additional documents request on their account.
Additional Documents were submitted right away and Medicals were completed and submitted on June 19, then they got Medical passed on June 22 on the account. No updates ever since.
So, I guess they are processing applications but they can not give any estimations on processing times. Also, many countries do have VACs and medical centres open for biometric and medical tests, it just depends on where your parents are.
I am in the same situation....
Bio metric done in march and then covid happened...no medical request since then and CIC website says "in process"...
please help me where can i send the email for immediate family member exempt to IRCC....i need my parents here asap...please help with next steps...

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
I am in the same situation....
Bio metric done in march and then covid happened...no medical request since then and CIC website says "in process"...
please help me where can i send the email for immediate family member exempt to IRCC....i need my parents here asap...please help with next steps...
Go to this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing
And go to the section about those who already had applied for a visitor visa for details.
Here's a screenshot attached.

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
I can't seem to be able to upload a photo to show you the screenshot but anyway everything is on the website

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
@Lljm ... i followed the same after reading the above....got the medical request in 2 weeks( which is still ok)....wanted to know incase ur parents have heard anything after medicals ??? is there anything ur doing to to fasten the process....
thanks for helping

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
@Lljm ... i followed the same after reading the above....got the medical request in 2 weeks( which is still ok)....wanted to know incase ur parents have heard anything after medicals ??? is there anything ur doing to to fasten the process....
thanks for helping
Congrats. Did you fill those forms that they asked you for representation?

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Congrats. Did you fill those forms that they asked you for representation?
thanks...i would have however the next day of getting the email, cic account was updated with medical request, so i did not fill the forms....
any idea on timelines post medical now a days...