+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

Feb 12, 2021
Hi all, I want to apply for my parent's super visa but have multiple confusions. Can I write in the letter of invitation that the period of stay is 2-3 months. My parent's already have visitor visa, so will this cause a issue? I want them to have super visa so they can come and stay here whenever they want.

The reason I want to write less time because my younger sibling is still a minor and attends school back home, so it wouldn't make sense for my parents to stay for a long period of time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You!

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
You should be saying that they will stay here for more than 6 months otherwise, supervisa is not justified. The benefit of supervisa is longer stay period, they can still travel with visitor visa whenever they want.
Does your younger sibling not have anyone else in the family who can look after him/her?
Even if you parents get supervisa, how will they manage the younger sibling schooling.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

I just received the passport request for mother's super visa. just wanted to confirm, does that mean visa application is approved?

also, do we need to make an appointment with VFS in India to drop the passport or we can just walk-in? I am not able to find the next process, if anybody can help, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
Did anyone use the IRCC portal recently to apply for a super visa? After my dad filled out all the details and went to the document uploading page, it doesn't show the requirement for proof of funds anymore. He created an application just today in July. Last time he tried this was in April and at that time, it did show the requirement for proof of funds. Anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it has somewthing to do with the new rules.

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi All,

I just received the passport request for mother's super visa. just wanted to confirm, does that mean visa application is approved?

also, do we need to make an appointment with VFS in India to drop the passport or we can just walk-in? I am not able to find the next process, if anybody can help, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Congrats, passport request means the application has been approved.
VFS started drop off of passport in few locations like Delhi
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/submit-and-collect-passport

You can talk ot chat with vfs to confirm this. Drop off is better otherwise you can book a 2 way courier using the link below
https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

Reactions: Akgargcse

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Did anyone use the IRCC portal recently to apply for a super visa? After my dad filled out all the details and went to the document uploading page, it doesn't show the requirement for proof of funds anymore. He created an application just today in July. Last time he tried this was in April and at that time, it did show the requirement for proof of funds. Anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it has somewthing to do with the new rules.
Following, I am also in the process.
Are you using the new IRCC portal

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
I heard people are getting approvals for April / May / June applications here and there. So hopefully we hear back soon. :D

Manjinder7

May 16, 2019
Hi Members

Below are the timelines and background for my mother supervisa process (old & new portal) from India to give good wibes.

Supervisa application (through old portal - gckey)

Submitted: 10 July 2021
Medical: Upfront (Feb 2021)
Buometric: 21 July 2021
Additional Medical Test (sputum): Sep 2021
Medical Passed: 17 Feb 2021

No update since then ....

New Portal (IRCC)

Submitted: 10 May 2022
Buometric: Upfront
Medical: 3 May 2022 (also filed old medical reference)
Medical Approved: 30 May 2022
PPR: 31May 2022 ( Got medical and PPR update on same day 31st May, but medical was marked as 30 May :))

Hope, this one will help. Also, requesting people who follow thread to see timelines, please post your timelines too.
Thank You sharing
we are still waiting after applied on May 12, 2021 with old portal.

Reactions: asaeed100

ForThewin

Jul 5, 2022
Hi Guys, I'm in the process of applying for supervisa for my mom. Can you please share insurance brokers that you have used? Also is a booking for a flight necessary ? Thank you for the help

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
I heard people are getting approvals for April / May / June applications here and there. So hopefully we hear back soon. :D
Not really...it is very random..Some are getting within 2 weeks others like me have been waiting since Feb with no update.
The last update my MP got me was:
  • Criminality has been passed.
  • Medical has been passed.
    • Medical is valid until the 12th of February 2023.
  • Eligibility has not yet started.
  • Security has not yet started.
  • There are no outstanding documents needed at this time.
  • This application is in progress at this time.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Not really...it is very random..Some are getting within 2 weeks others like me have been waiting since Feb with no update.
The last update my MP got me was:
  • Criminality has been passed.
  • Medical has been passed.
    • Medical is valid until the 12th of February 2023.
  • Eligibility has not yet started.
  • Security has not yet started.
  • There are no outstanding documents needed at this time.
  • This application is in progress at this time.
finally your medical has passed. That is something. Now it should not be that long. My MP is not even helping me and said he is not allowed to make request unless the processing time has passed. ;(

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
finally your medical has passed. That is something. Now it should not be that long. My MP is not even helping me and said he is not allowed to make request unless the processing time has passed. ;(
Oh my medical passed few days after the application as I had done upfront medical. The eligibility not starting until now is the biggest issue.
The problem with processing time is, it is increasing every day by 1 day or 2. Right now it is around 140 days.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Can anyone help me to understand this, Do I mention my account balance and do i select yes and mention that invitation and support letter attached?

How should I go about this 2 questions.

Any advise/ suggestion please

* How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)

* Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? (required)
When you give us proof of your financial documents, make sure to tell us who's providing the money (if it's not you).Yes No
* Please provide details. (required)

3 of 500 characters used

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Oh my medical passed few days after the application as I had done upfront medical. The eligibility not starting until now is the biggest issue.
The problem with processing time is, it is increasing every day by 1 day or 2. Right now it is around 140 days.
We also did upfront medical but our medicals have not cleared. And no update whatsoever. When we applied processing time was 126 days and then it increased to 147 days. now for the past two weeks, it is decreasing by 1 day. 147-146 and currently at 145.

Do you think raising webforms may have any negative impacts?

We have raised two thus far and received general responses for both.
First said -
Please be advised that your application has been received and is currently under review. We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application.

Second was even more general -
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
-
-
-
Due to high volumes some applications are currently taking longer to process. In this case, we are grateful for your patience in waiting to hear from us.