+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
How do you know they got a super visa when they don't have the visa stamped in their passport? As far as I know, they should be allowed to stay in Canada for 2 years at a time with a super visa.
So it says PG-1 in the visa itself. PG = Parent GrandParent which means SuperVisa.
But the govt. website says no stamp means 6 months or passport expires whichever comes first.

May 29, 2022
I mean contact the MP(member of parliament) in your city if you are in Canada. I've read on this forum where people get results after contacting them.
Yes Contacting MP is good Option
Also you can raise GCMS note to know exact status of file
Reapplying is also one option but in my view try first 2 options

Good Luck
I contacted MP office on 31 May and they reached out to me after 3 weeks. They said the file is in process. They asked me to wait for 3-4 weeks if there is no progress on file they will try something else. But the file status still shows background check is going on and eligibility has not been started yet.
I hope we get any result soon.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Please help!
What should we do?
We have applied for super visa application for in-laws on 6 April 2022 and completed the biometrics on 11 April 2022. The processing times have increased since and currently they are 147 days from India.
Our wedding is in Sept. 2022. We are afraid that we will not have enough time and we do not know when we will get the approval.
Current status is background check in progress for almost a month now.
We raised webform and received response from TR enquiries that our application has been received and they are reviewing our application.
MP said they can not help till the processing time has passed.

This is getting so stressful. When we applied, processing time was 126 days and now it is 147 days.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
This is getting so stressful. When we applied, processing time was 126 days and now it is 147 days.
I am almost in same boat as you. I applied a month before you but still no update. My question is do they consider the processing time at the time of the application or present day? Because if they do consider present day then it is ridiculous as the times will fluctuate every day. The processing time should be based on the day you applied.

ajaysd

Jun 14, 2018
i can speak for myself - upload with letter of inv - all tax pay stubs, passport empl letter
with pupose of travel added medical insurance etc
for financials section - just kept all doctms related to fin and property
hope that helps
Thanks

maplecan20

Sep 26, 2021
I wanted to apply for supervisa using the online site. Once all docs are submitted on the site and payment has been done, can I view the documents or not?

Anyone who submitted in last 1-2 months may be able to answer?

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Supervisa helps..

My question is ..

I am submitting Notice of assignment as proof of income.. ..

So should i also need to submit t4 or employment letters?? Because i dont have those right now .
I showed my rental income ans self employed income ..

So NOA is enough govt proof of income ???

Thanks

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
We filled Feb end and Eligibility and Security has not even started. Medical was done upfront. We thought they would be here to enjoy the summers but it seems Immigration is taking its sweet time. The processing time is increasing by 2-3 days every day. This is ridiculous.
By the way what number did you call to check status?
I used the IRCC contact number and navigated through the options to Visitor Visa/Super Visa applications and gave details on UCI and application number?
888-242-2100.
Did you get any update? Is your background check done?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
How long did they take to reply to notes? It has been a week since I submitted request for GCMS notes.
30-35 days mostly.

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi,
I need some help regarding Parents meet up. Please advise
1. if super visa is a good option or regular parents sponsorship
2. also can I apply for regular sponsorship while my parents are on super visa
3. or if both (regular and super visa application) can go side by side.
Thanks in advance.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hey, thank you :) I mainly followed the guidance on IRCC website, as you mentioned. So basically, here is what I submitted:
* my side: act as the representative & the host/sponsor for my parent's trip
- NOA 2021, T4, Employment letters & 3-month payslip for both me & my husband (he co-signed the application)
- our 4-month bank statements (showing stable income and savings), property paper in Canada
- birth certificate, PR card, driving license, marriage cert.
- signed letter of invitation
- signed letter of financial support
- letter of explanation (from me to the VO in my country)
- I also added a 1-page summary at the beginning of each pdf file to explain what I included in the file (you know we have to combine everything into one file, especially the financial proof - it can be hard to understand). This is just my way to organize my files. I hoped it would help the visa officer to follow easily and not miss anything.

* My father's side:
- 6-month bank statement showing my regular transfer and his savings (around CAD11k)
- property document under his name in his country.
- no other financial related docs since he doesn't have any income/job.
- upfront medical exam

You should also search in this forum for more detailed guidance, i.e., a post from someone who got their visa within 6 days. That post is very helpful!
Good luck ;)
Is it possible for you to send samples of these documents?