+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
My mum came to Canada on January 16,2022 and her supervisa application is in process(supervisa was applied on new portal on November 27,2021 with upfront medical and biometrics). Do I need to contact IRCC and inform them that she is inside Canada. Do you think that they will issue her PPR from within Canada?
Anyone with similar experience, please help.

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Communicate everything once your mother is in Canada using Webform. Thats how I did
Hello,
So my mother landed in Canada on January 16,2022. Should I inform to IRCC that she is inside Canada?
Can you let me know what points should I raise in order to get her PPR from within Canada?

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Re-apply using IRCC portal. They are processing old applications very slow, new one's get picked up fairly quickly.
Not fully true, one of my friend applied super visa for his parents on 9th Dec 21 through gckey, submitted upfront medical on 29th Dec 21 and got PPR(8th Jan22) in less than month.

Nikhil shah

May 4, 2016
Hello everyone! I will be applying supervisa for my parents in feb. Last I checked the new portal was specifically showing supervisa option to select in new portal. Today it is not showing. Does that mean I have to apply through GCkey? I would like to apply through GC key as I have done in past. Can someone shed some light on it?

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Hello,
So my mother landed in Canada on January 16,2022. Should I inform to IRCC that she is inside Canada?
Can you let me know what points should I raise in order to get her PPR from within Canada?
Yes, at every step like Biometrics and Medical, I submitted a webform informing IRCC why those steps were taken and what was the reason of travel on Visitor Visa and not wait for Supervisa.
Further, I requested that the counterfoil should be done within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. It is your own personal story - no right or wrong here

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not fully true, one of my friend applied super visa for his parents on 9th Dec 21 through gckey, submitted upfront medical on 29th Dec 21 and got PPR(8th Jan22) in less than month.
Your experience does not make that statement untrue. GCKey and portal have comparable processing times. The point is, if the application is done after Sept 7, 2021, it'll be fairly quick as compared to older ones.

gurinders

Dec 21, 2017
Hi All, just curious anyone here who has applied from India getting any updates recently? Last I heard on my parents application was December 20th/21st - Medical passed and eligibility review started and nothing after the holidays.
Hi , No updated after Dec-15th. is there any update on your parent's file. I have filled webform but just a General automated response

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Yes, at every step like Biometrics and Medical, I submitted a webform informing IRCC why those steps were taken and what was the reason of travel on Visitor Visa and not wait for Supervisa.
Further, I requested that the counterfoil should be done within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. It is your own personal story - no right or wrong here
So did you submit the webform to CIC within Canada or the visa office that was processing the application?
Because my mother's supervisa application's VO is New Delhi and they are only giving automated replies to webform.
Kindly guide.

Reactions: gurinders

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys,

My mother travelled to Canada on a visit visa few weeks ago. Though she applied for super visa from her home country, she received the request to submit her passport a day ago. Does she have to return to her home country to submit the passport or is it possible to submit here in Canada. If so, what is the process involved. I did not find any details on the ircc website or FAQs.

Thanks.
Hi
Please let me know what happened with your mother's PPR because I am in the same boat
Thank you

Reactions: Gs88

ashu_mehra

Mar 2, 2019
I applied for super visa for my parents in May 2021 using GCKey. Their medical and biometric is done. I reapplied on Dec 13, 2021 as there was no progress on the first application for few months. Second application was done through new IRCC portal. Since then there has been no update in either of the two applications.
Has any one else applied for super visa in Dec, 2021 and got any update?

I also see some folks here posted that they contacted their MPP to get the information about their visa application (like https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-visa-2021.717498/post-9905865). Can some one tell what is the process to contact the MPP and what kind of details do you provide to the MPP?