+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Did anyone apply super visa for their parents in April 2021? Can they share their timelines of receiving PPR after medical is passed and updated in the application on the GC portal?

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
Hi it's usually a long process to apply for super visa. Not practical to describe all the steps here. I'd suggest you watch youtube videos on how to apply. There are dozens of videos available. You'll get everything you need in those videos. If you have specific questions, then you may ask in this forum. I'd suggest you go through this forum. It's one of the best resources available out there.

P.S.:
Yes, you can create an account online on behalf of your parents. Most people do this. When you apply online, it doesn't matter what part of the world you are applying from. You gather all the documents and apply online.

For the super visa insurance, you will have to Google insurance companies. There are dozens of them. Or you may also contact one of the insurance agents for super visa insurance.
Thankyou for your reply! so can I apply through IRCC portal or with GC key? second ques- My parents donot have marriage certificate, what should I provide to proof their relationship?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
I just figured after reading through multiple threads that - we only need fill and sign on page 2 of consent form. Page 3 needs to be filled only if someone else on the applicant behalf is submitting/receiving the documents (Courier service doesn't count as applicant behalf). So Page 3 and 4 are not required to be filled.
Makes sense. I didn't know at that time. So I filled in the other pages as well, just in case.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Thankyou for your reply! so can I apply through IRCC portal or with GC key? second ques- My parents donot have marriage certificate, what should I provide to proof their relationship?
I don't have any knowledge about the IRCC portal. I applied through GCKey account.
I think they can provide a legal marriage affidavit from a notary instead of a marriage certificate. Make sure you mention and explain this in the 'Letter of explanation' attached with the application. Explain why the marriage certificate was not provided to IRCC.
A letter of explanation is a simple letter that you attach with the application and explain anything you would like to. e.g. why a document was not provided, why there is a gap in my employment, why this and why that, etc. You get my point.

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
I don't have any knowledge about the IRCC portal. I applied through GCKey account.
I think they can provide a legal marriage affidavit from a notary instead of a marriage certificate. Make sure you mention and explain this in the 'Letter of explanation' attached with the application. Explain why the marriage certificate was not provided to IRCC.
A letter of explanation is a simple letter that you attach with the application and explain anything you would like to. e.g. why a document was not provided, why there is a gap in my employment, why this and why that, etc. You get my point.
what reason I should provide that my parents donot have marriage certificate?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
what reason I should provide that my parents donot have marriage certificate?
Sorry. Don't have an exact idea, but you could write that back then they didn't have a robust system to register marriages or something like that.
I'd suggest you do an affidavit. Also, if your parents have their spouse's name in their passports, it should be ok along with the affidavit. Should work.

hope7777

Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone, Just curious what are the chances of rejection of super visa after medicals approved for my parents.
Timeline
App submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Biometrics done in dec 2019. so got updated next day
Medicals submitted: Upfront done on sept 9
Medicals resubmitted as there were further tests done for my mom so additional tests completed Dec 8
Medicals passed for both parents: Dec 20

Eligibility review in process. So just checking on chances of rejection after medicals passed and usual wait time for ppr?

Thank you

Adbhai

Oct 12, 2021
Processing for Super Visa takes a few months so if I apply for my mother's super visa now, would I need to qualify with 2020 LICO or 2021 LICO?

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Hi everyone, Just curious what are the chances of rejection of super visa after medicals approved for my parents.
Timeline
App submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Biometrics done in dec 2019. so got updated next day
Medicals submitted: Upfront done on sept 9
Medicals resubmitted as there were further tests done for my mom so additional tests completed Dec 8
Medicals passed for both parents: Dec 20

Eligibility review in process. So just checking on chances of rejection after medicals passed and usual wait time for ppr?

Thank you
From what I have seen so far - it may 10 to 14 working days. But do note that, there will always be some profiles that get delayed for reasons we don't know. If medicals are passed, I personally wouldn't worry about rejection though - be hopeful, but have to wait till you get the BVL/PPR

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hello, I need an expert advise on if I should re apply or not.

I applied for my mom’s supervisa on September 29th with an upfront medical through new IRCC portal. She did completed her biometrics on October 14th. Biometrics are showing- valid until October 14th, 2031. After that no updates at all.

I believe the application got stuck somewhere. Should I re apply or not? Thanks much for an advice in advance.

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
For those who want to know more about the 2-way courier service by the visa offices in India, here is all the detail.

1. Receive the PPR letter from IRCC.

2. Go to this website link:

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

3. Fill out the webform and enter the required info.

4. Once submitted, you will receive an email having the payment link in it within 2-3 days. Please keep an eye on your email, because once received, the email payment link will only be valid for 12 hours. If passed 12 hours, you will have to submit the webform (step 2 above) again and wait for another link. Doesn't hurt in any way, but takes extra time.

5. You may receive more than one email with a payment link in it. Make sure you only pay once. Even if you try to pay once again, you won't be able to. The link will say your payment has already been received.

6. Pay for the service. The fee is approx Rs. 1000 INR per passport. (In case of more than one applicant, you will need to pay for them separately.)

7. After the payment, you will receive another email with an AWB number in it. This AWB will serve as a tracking number for your passport package to the visa office.

8. Keep your passport package ready and sealed. You must make separate packages for each passport, even if all the applicants live at the same address. The mandatory documents are:
i) Passport (I dare you to not include this!;))
ii) Consent form (complete and signed), provided by the visa office in the email.
iii) Courier and SMS form (complete and signed), provided by the visa office in the email.
iv) Passport submission letter (PPR letter/Golden email letter, whatever you may call it) provided by IRCC.
If required, they might ask you for any extra documents. But the ones above are mandatory.

9. Write this at the center on the envelope for the 'To.' address.
To,
The officer,
VFS Global Canada.

The exact details will be provided in your email.

10. Write your full name, address, phone, AWB number and the application number at the 'From' address.

11. Soon you will be contacted by the Blue Dart courier. They will come to the address that you mentioned in the webform to pick your passport up.

12. You will need to give the above AWB number to the courier service guy. And they will send the package to the visa office.

13. Your job is done here. Now, take a 'Cutting Chai ki pyaali'.:) Just relax and wait patiently till the passport comes back with the visa stamped on it. They say it will take around 14 days to stamp and return the passport after they have received the completed package with all documents.

14. You can track the courier using your AWB number here.
https://www.bluedart.com/tracking

Hope it helps.
Hey Hi Thanks for this detail information. I have question regarding webform filing.

When we go to this link, there is two question.

1) Select your Visa Category - (Passport submission for Temporary Resident Visa)

2) Did you enrol Biometrics for this application?

My question is what we have to select if someone has already completed the Biometrics with first (Visitor Visa) Application in year 2019 - and it's valid for next 10 years?

This is another Visa Application for Super Visa. (And for this Applicant has not given Biometrics) as previous Biometrics is still Valid.

Should i select - No? or Yes?

Kindly help.

Thanks.

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
Thank you. Please find the timeline below.
applied on July 8th
Biometrics submitted on August 16th - profile not updated
Raised a webform on August 22nd for covid 19 exemption - stating family reunification as the reason
Received mail response on Sept 10th
Received re submission of biometrics request Oct 3rd
Re submitted biometrics - Nov 16th
Biometrics updated on the profile - Nov 17th
Medical request received - Nov 24th
Medicals completed - Nov 29th
Medicals passed - Dec 3rd
BVL and passport request - Dec 19th

Yes, the application is from India technically - although I assisted with the application online from Canada.

Many Congratulation,

if it's okay could you please let me know where you performed medical?

My Parents Time line.

Applied on October - 17/ 2021
Biometrics - Already Submitted with Old Visitor Visa Application - (2019)
Biometrics - Status -
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Raised a webform on August November 23rd 2021

Medical request received - November 24th
Medicals completed - December 11

Medicals Pass Status - Waiting.
BVL and passport request - Waiting

Same - the application is from India technically - although I assisted with the application online from Canada

Thanks for your help.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW

I applied for my mom’s supervisa on September 29th with an upfront medical through new IRCC portal. She did completed her biometrics on October 14th. Biometrics are showing- valid until October 14th, 2031. After that no updates at all.

I believe the application got stuck somewhere. Should I re apply or not? Thanks much for an advice in advance.
I wouldn't reapply in such a case. The timeline isn't excessively long. I'd say wait for a couple of weeks for the medicals to appear as passed.
If still nothing happens, maybe you can raise a web form and submit it.

The link to the webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Just be patient. Her application is within normal processing times. We are entering the holiday period so things slow down a bit but assume you will hear by January. Reapplying will just add further delay because you will start from scratch.

Reactions: manpreet_11

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many Congratulation,

if it's okay could you please let me know where you performed medical?

My Parents Time line.

Applied on October - 17/ 2021
Biometrics - Already Submitted with Old Visitor Visa Application - (2019)
Biometrics - Status -
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Raised a webform on August November 23rd 2021

Medical request received - November 24th
Medicals completed - December 11

Medicals Pass Status - Waiting.
BVL and passport request - Waiting

Same - the application is from India technically - although I assisted with the application online from Canada

Thanks for your help.
Medical reviews are backlogged so that is one of the reasons for any delays. Holiday time also delays processing. All you can do is wait and hope yo hear soon but likely in January.