+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
I see that one of the pages on the consent form has the following - any idea what to be filled here?
Consent for Indirect Submission and/or Collection (to be completed ONLY if travel agent or person other than applicant themselves is submitting and/or collecting the visa application and decision) I give my consent to the Canada Visa Application Centre in (Visa office City, Country) to receive/give my documents from/to (Parents' city, Country of residence). Name of Person to submit an application or collect the decision on my behalf: (Name of courier person)__________________________________________ Relationship to Applicant: (Courier Service) Applicant Signature: ____________ Date: _______________________________
My parents filled out this form the way I have written above. Hope it helps. Please note: We opted for the courier service, and that's why we filled this 'Indirect submission' form. I don't know if you need to fill this out if you don't opt for it and send the passports on your own.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
IRCC portal vs. GCKey.

I don't understand why there are 2 ways to apply for the same visa. I, and a few other people that I know, applied through GCKey account for our parents' super visa. The process was smooth as butter and the visas were approved within the time limit (2-3 months). GCKey works fine.

Reactions: sahilk

Adbhai

Oct 12, 2021
Hello All,

If I apply for my mother's super visa now in 2021, the LICO required is for 2020 right?
Also, the processing takes a few weeks/ months, would I need to qualify with 2021 LICO too?

Anujithvs

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Our timelines are so same..

I have applied for my mother from India:
Applied - September 16, 2021
Biometrics Collection - September 20, 2021
Biometrics Done - October 06, 2021
Medical Request - October 13, 2021 (done it on 23/24 Oct)
Medical Update - November 5, 2021
Correspondence Letter for Biometrics confirmation - November 23, 2021

Waiting for PPR since two weeks now
I am on the same boat, recived BVL on Nov 23rd, almost same time line. Do you have any updates?

Reactions: vikasmann

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
IRCC portal vs. GCKey.

I don't understand why there are 2 ways to apply for the same visa. I, and a few other people that I know, applied through GCKey account for our parents' super visa. The process was smooth as butter and the visas were approved within the time limit (2-3 months). GCKey works fine.
I applied for my parent back in April 2021 and they got the biometrics done in August 2021. But no update after that. I think one would have to re-apply from IRCC portal again because they were not vaccinated before Sep 7, but now they are.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
I applied for my parent back in April 2021 and they got the biometrics done in August 2021. But no update after that. I think one would have to re-apply from IRCC portal again because they were not vaccinated before Sep 7, but now they are.
Vaccination status doesn't affect the visa application. It's required when you travel.
But, yes if you are planning on reapplying, it is a good idea. Considering their biometric has already been done, you can reapply and get medicals done upfront. This might speed up the process.

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
Also, can someone please provide some tips for applying super visa insurance. Also, Can I apply online on my parents behalf. Where I can get help to fill out forms?

Last edited:

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
IRCC portal vs. GCKey.

Hi, did you apply behalf of your parents? what were the steps, can you please share

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
Good Day,
I just applied for Super visa for my parents. If you did to in year 2021 please post your timeline and country.
My timeline:
Applied: 01/11/2021

Thanks,
Hi Allen,

Cna you please advise steps to apply super visa for parents online

vikasmann

Dec 8, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
03-08-2021
I am on the same boat, recived BVL on Nov 23rd, almost same time line. Do you have any updates?
no updates yet. But I wrote to my local mp to help on getting the updates from IRCC. (thnx for the suggestion in this forum.)

The response from MP is 'The update is that Mrs. XXXXX application has been finalized. She may receive correspondence from IRCC this month. '

I enquired again to confirm what does finalized mean and response is that it's not 100% confirmed approved but very likely. Need to wait for official update.

Reactions: Anujithvs

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi, did you apply behalf of your parents? what were the steps, can you please share
Hi it's usually a long process to apply for super visa. Not practical to describe all the steps here. I'd suggest you watch youtube videos on how to apply. There are dozens of videos available. You'll get everything you need in those videos. If you have specific questions, then you may ask in this forum. I'd suggest you go through this forum. It's one of the best resources available out there.

P.S.:
Yes, you can create an account online on behalf of your parents. Most people do this. When you apply online, it doesn't matter what part of the world you are applying from. You gather all the documents and apply online.

For the super visa insurance, you will have to Google insurance companies. There are dozens of them. Or you may also contact one of the insurance agents for super visa insurance.

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
My parents filled out this form the way I have written above. Hope it helps. Please note: We opted for the courier service, and that's why we filled this 'Indirect submission' form. I don't know if you need to fill this out if you don't opt for it and send the passports on your own.
I just figured after reading through multiple threads that - we only need fill and sign on page 2 of consent form. Page 3 needs to be filled only if someone else on the applicant behalf is submitting/receiving the documents (Courier service doesn't count as applicant behalf). So Page 3 and 4 are not required to be filled.

Last edited: