Biometric Payment Request Oct 13, 2021
Biometric Request Letter Oct 19, 2021
Biometrics Given and Updated: November 01, 2021

Waiting for next steps. Applied in Mumbai, India
I received Biometric Correspondence letter on 23rd Nov and nothing after that

kashcan

Apr 11, 2019
Hi Everyone, Looking for suggestions.
When I applied my Moms's Supervisa, I attached return tickets as Purpose of Visit. I applied on 29th Sept and the tickets were booked for 26th Nov since processing times were showing as 30 days then. I had to cancel the ticket since the application hasn't moved fwd; I have written 5 times to IRCC requesting clarification on what I should do for purpose of visit in that case, no response. Can anyone help with suggestions

navjotw1992

Nov 29, 2021
Hi Folks, Its kind of urgent, I was applying for super visa for my mother. There is a column in Application for visitor visa form(IMM5257) regarding 'Funds available for my stay in (CAD)'. What value should I fill over here. Please note I will be taking care of my mother stay for her entire duration. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

kashcan

Apr 11, 2019
Hi Folks, Its kind of urgent, I was applying for super visa for my mother. There is a column in Application for visitor visa form(IMM5257) regarding 'Funds available for my stay in (CAD)'. What value should I fill over here. Please note I will be taking care of my mother stay for her entire duration. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
I dont know if theres a rule on this so I just put $10000 here, not sure if thats right though

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
Hey guys, I generally only come here for checking updates and its been a long time since I had to use this website. Below are my timelines for my in-laws supervisa.

(Original Travel Visa applied in Aug still stuck, gave up on that)
Supervisa Applied: 16-Oct (GCKey)
Biometric: Already done for Travel Visa application
Medical: Upfront
IRCC webform: 19-Nov (after seeing someone's comment here)
IRCC New Portal application: 23-Nov
IRCC Webform asked more details on 23-Nov, but didnt respond.
Passport Request: 26-Nov (from GCKey)
IRCC Portal Automatic Update: Your application was withdrawn.

I have lost both my parents over past few years and they were never able to come visit me to Canada due to illnesses. It affects me when I see people not being able to unite with their parents. So sharing these timelines of my in-laws in hope that they help.

I am generally not active here, but will be for a couple more days if anyone has any questions.

I started with work-permit, PR, Citizenship over last 9 years and the process from CIC has gotten complex and slower over time. I guess its because of the huge volume, but also due to redtape, random rules and policies and overall lack of just doing their damn job.

The fact that people who applied in Feb/Mar are stuck while latest application gets processed is outrageous. Creating 2 streams to submit, then prioritizing one over another...collecting fees on both sides, the whole system is a mess. And over the years, I have lost hope in them trying to fix it.

Anyways, wishing everyone all the best in uniting with their parents and great weekend.

Edit: I used the Webform and IRCC portal application on top of GCKey because that is what I understood by reading some comments, and figured that for CIC, this is the only way I can get their attention (although it meant wasting more money)
Sorry to hear you have lost both parents and you were not able to see them in Canada. I agree the process is hard, lengthy, and unfair. We applied for my in-laws in January 2021 and still have no approval or no request for medicals or anything. I did get an email 2 weeks ago just with a general statement that the application is still pending and due to covid, there are delays. It is almost a year in wait.

Reactions: stimitak

Ash504

Nov 30, 2021
how to know that? What is the status that will be present before it says 'We are currently reviewing your eligibility'?
it shows" Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
So this fund has to be shown in my mothers account or I could suffice that information with my bank statements as well?
For super visa you don't need to show bank accounts only your NOA is the key. When we applied we just updated NOA for both husband and wife and pay stubs. and in the form wrote $5K CAD but no proof of his bank account was submitted.

PS: we did get the super visa approved on Nov 10th or so and his passport is stamped too.

Reactions: navjotw1992

mihir1711

Jul 12, 2021
Yes, there are people waiting for PPR after medicals are passed nearby your timeline. I guess they will release PPR batches on Dec 2 and Dec 5th but let's hope it comes sooner.
How does one know when they release the PPR batches? Is is mentioned somewhere on the portal or CIC/ IRCC website?

DevvP

May 18, 2018
Hi guys.
I am Thinking of re applying for supervisa for my parents in the new portal. Initially applied in July 2021.

My spouse is not working currently, can I still apply under the new portal. During the initial application spouse was employed hence we didn't face any issues and met eligibility

What additional docs required to re apply in the new portal. Thanks guys

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
How does one know when they release the PPR batches? Is is mentioned somewhere on the portal or CIC/ IRCC website?
They don't mention this information and as I said it's just my own guess. PPR is an automated scheduled release of a request and they are issued in batches or groups for each VO. So, timings can still vary as active VO may issue PPR's every day because of the volume and some once a month.

I wish everyone gets it asap.

Reactions: mihir1711

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
They don't mention this information and as I said it's just my own guess. PPR is an automated scheduled release of a request and they are issued in batches or groups for each VO. So, timings can still vary as active VO may issue PPR's every day because of the volume and some once a month.

I wish everyone gets it asap.
kinda agree with you from the pattern I've seen

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
16 Oct 2021: SuperVisa for both parents submitted with upfront medicals
18 Oct 2021: Biometrics request
18 Oct 2021: Submitted webform requesting extension of time to submit biometrics
19 Oct 2021: Ghost update
25 Nov 2021: Biometrics completed

VO: New Delhi

Still waiting on the acknowledgement of upfront medicals and further.
16 Oct 2021: SuperVisa for both parents submitted with upfront medicals
18 Oct 2021: Biometrics request
18 Oct 2021: Submitted webform requesting extension of time to submit biometrics
19 Oct 2021: Ghost update
25 Nov 2021: Biometrics completed
01 Dec 2021: Medicals passed
01 Dec 2021: PPR

VO: New Delhi

I am hoping everyone in this group gets their PPR asap. More good news is coming to you guys. :) :)

Last edited: