+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

hirenbhaip87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
What is a port of entry (POE) letter?
It’s a letter you may receive from IRCC if you’ve been approved for a

Officially, it’s called the port of entry (POE) letter of introduction. But this letter is sometimes called the

• correspondence letter
  • introduction letter
  • introductory letter
The letter of introduction is not your study or work permit.

You’ll get this letter if you were approved and you

• applied online or
  • gave us your email address in your study or work permit application
COVID-19: proof that your application was approved
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, you must have proof that you’ve been approved for a work or study permit to board your flight. You can show the airline staff your

• letter of introduction or
  • visitor visa, if you have one (also called a temporary resident visa)
    • your visitor visa will say that you are approved for a study or work permit

Reactions: manpreet_11

Aippns13

Apr 18, 2020
My parents Supervisa Timeline :
Application Submitted: 15 oct, 2021
Biometrics submitted: 16 nov, 2021
Medical : Upfront in oct 2021
PPR. Request 24 nov 2021

Now my question is we have to submit both passport together or separate .

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hey guys, I generally only come here for checking updates and its been a long time since I had to use this website. Below are my timelines for my in-laws supervisa.

(Original Travel Visa applied in Aug still stuck, gave up on that)
Supervisa Applied: 16-Oct (GCKey)
Biometric: Already done for Travel Visa application
Medical: Upfront
IRCC webform: 19-Nov (after seeing someone's comment here)
IRCC New Portal application: 23-Nov
IRCC Webform asked more details on 23-Nov, but didnt respond.
Passport Request: 26-Nov (from GCKey)
IRCC Portal Automatic Update: Your application was withdrawn.

I have lost both my parents over past few years and they were never able to come visit me to Canada due to illnesses. It affects me when I see people not being able to unite with their parents. So sharing these timelines of my in-laws in hope that they help.

I am generally not active here, but will be for a couple more days if anyone has any questions.

I started with work-permit, PR, Citizenship over last 9 years and the process from CIC has gotten complex and slower over time. I guess its because of the huge volume, but also due to redtape, random rules and policies and overall lack of just doing their damn job.

The fact that people who applied in Feb/Mar are stuck while latest application gets processed is outrageous. Creating 2 streams to submit, then prioritizing one over another...collecting fees on both sides, the whole system is a mess. And over the years, I have lost hope in them trying to fix it.

Anyways, wishing everyone all the best in uniting with their parents and great weekend.

Edit: I used the Webform and IRCC portal application on top of GCKey because that is what I understood by reading some comments, and figured that for CIC, this is the only way I can get their attention (although it meant wasting more money)
Thanks for sharing this info. Could you please mention the country your in-laws applied from?

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
PPR. Request 24 nov 2021

Thanks for the update. Which country did they apply from?

sribrosrs

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
PPR. Request 24 nov 2021

Congrats.
According to VFS, one submission per package. So it will be 2.

My timeline is similar to yours, applied couple of weeks before you and PPR was about 2 weeks ago..

I really don't understand how CIC is picking and processing applications. There are many people who applied before this date and are still waiting and a few have already received PPR. I hope CIC returns to ONE portal and have two streams for visitor visa intake. Tourist and Super visa. Give 2 separate timelines and process them.

But at least there is movement now for the better and I hope every single person in this forum gets their parent's visa SOON!

Reactions: manpreet_11

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
PPR. Request 24 nov 2021

Hi, May i know when did you get your Biometrics request appointment? We are trying to get Biometrics appointment but there are no slots within one month of request date. But as per the instructions they said we have to give biometrics within one month of biometrics request?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Congrats.

My timeline is similar to yours, applied couple of weeks before you and PPR was about 2 weeks ago..

I really don't understand how CIC is picking and processing applications. There are many people who applied before this date and are still waiting and a few have already received PPR. I hope CIC returns to ONE portal and have two streams for visitor visa intake. Tourist and Super visa. Give 2 separate timelines and process them.

But at least there is movement now for the better and I hope every single person in this forum gets their parent's visa SOON!
Where did you submit your application? In the new portal or Old?

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hey guys, I generally only come here for checking updates and its been a long time since I had to use this website. Below are my timelines for my in-laws supervisa.

(Original Travel Visa applied in Aug still stuck, gave up on that)
Supervisa Applied: 16-Oct (GCKey)
Biometric: Already done for Travel Visa application
Medical: Upfront
IRCC webform: 19-Nov (after seeing someone's comment here)
IRCC New Portal application: 23-Nov
IRCC Webform asked more details on 23-Nov, but didnt respond.
Passport Request: 26-Nov (from GCKey)
IRCC Portal Automatic Update: Your application was withdrawn.

I have lost both my parents over past few years and they were never able to come visit me to Canada due to illnesses. It affects me when I see people not being able to unite with their parents. So sharing these timelines of my in-laws in hope that they help.

I am generally not active here, but will be for a couple more days if anyone has any questions.

I started with work-permit, PR, Citizenship over last 9 years and the process from CIC has gotten complex and slower over time. I guess its because of the huge volume, but also due to redtape, random rules and policies and overall lack of just doing their damn job.

The fact that people who applied in Feb/Mar are stuck while latest application gets processed is outrageous. Creating 2 streams to submit, then prioritizing one over another...collecting fees on both sides, the whole system is a mess. And over the years, I have lost hope in them trying to fix it.

Anyways, wishing everyone all the best in uniting with their parents and great weekend.

Edit: I used the Webform and IRCC portal application on top of GCKey because that is what I understood by reading some comments, and figured that for CIC, this is the only way I can get their attention (although it meant wasting more money)
Hi, I have a question regarding re submission of the application. If I re submit my application, do I need to gather all the documents in new date or the documents I submitted before will work? Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: stimitak

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Congrats.

It looks like they are processing files from old portal.

manpreet_11

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
What is a port of entry (POE) letter?
It’s a letter you may receive from IRCC if you’ve been approved for a

Officially, it’s called the port of entry (POE) letter of introduction. But this letter is sometimes called the

• correspondence letter
  • introduction letter
  • introductory letter
The letter of introduction is not your study or work permit.

You’ll get this letter if you were approved and you

• applied online or
  • gave us your email address in your study or work permit application
COVID-19: proof that your application was approved
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, you must have proof that you’ve been approved for a work or study permit to board your flight. You can show the airline staff your

• letter of introduction or
  • visitor visa, if you have one (also called a temporary resident visa)
    • your visitor visa will say that you are approved for a study or work permit
They just need to send you a PPR letter, not sure how they process the files. If the file has everything on it, like biometrics and medical just make the decision and take it out of the que. why wait long time? I don’t understand their process, i feel like they are processing files from old portal. So, what’s the use of creating new portal for fast processing???