+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

AKhanW

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
Application submitted on Sept 2020 for super visa (for Father in law and mother in law)

MP checked with Immigration and Immigration informed that the criminal check completed and just waiting for the decision to be made.

I am not sure how long it will take them to make decision.

newbie!

Oct 21, 2021
Hello All.

just want to give an update on my mom's supervisa application. (PA-India , VO - NDVO)

Application submitted : 15 august 2021 (via gckey)
biometric req: 16 august 2021
biometric completed: 1 september 2021
submitted webfrom for travel exemption but got the generic reply.
medical request : 15 September 2021
medical updated : 29 september 2021
Bvl and ppr : 16 October 2021

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hello All.

just want to give an update on my mom's supervisa application. (PA-India , VO - NDVO)

Congrats !

If you don't mind, could you share the steps or options you chose in order to submit webform for travel exemption ? Thanks !

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hello All.

Congratulations. Was your mother's reasons for traveling discretionary? Apparently, they denied my mother's travel exemption despite being an immediate family member who is fully vaccinated just because they thought her travel is discretionary. Post September 7, fully vaccinated travelers are allowed to come to Canada even for optional purposes, I don't know why they did. Any advise would be appreciated.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone share the link for travel exempt form and also what documents do you attach.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Congratulations. Was your mother's reasons for traveling discretionary? Apparently, they denied my mother's travel exemption despite being an immediate family member who is fully vaccinated just because they thought her travel is discretionary. Post September 7, fully vaccinated travelers are allowed to come to Canada even for optional purposes, I don't know why they did. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thats something new to know. What were the reasons you mentioned ?

newbie!

Oct 21, 2021
Congrats !

If you don't mind, could you share the steps or options you chose in order to submit webform for travel exemption ? Thanks !
As i mentioned , i just got the generic reply that they cannot issue travel exemption to me. To clear the air here my guess is travel exemption form is of no use now.

travel exemption form was for in mid 2021 , when they had travel restrictions on. so if somebody already had a trv and wants to come to canada to meet immediate family member despite of travel restrictions , then they were allowed to come post their approval of travel exemption. But when now border is open to all , that form looks obsolete to me , but still worth trying no harm. anyways i submitted the application no with vaccine certs for the webform but as i said they replied that i am not eligible for that.

Reactions: xrypto

Pawan R Brar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Applied for my mother in law august 21st for supervisa with upfront medicals
Biometrics done sep 7th and updated on file
Medical passed
New delhi visa office
Still doing background check and haven’t started eligibility yet. And as per website 47 days processing time will be done this 24 th October.
god knows how true is claim of 47 days processing time
Raised the webform yesterday about the travel exemption and being immediate family member
Also suggested by someone to reapply using new portal. Very confused about what to do. Any thoughts????

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
As i mentioned , i just got the generic reply that they cannot issue travel exemption to me. To clear the air here my guess is travel exemption form is of no use now.

travel exemption form was for in mid 2021 , when they had travel restrictions on. so if somebody already had a trv and wants to come to canada to meet immediate family member despite of travel restrictions , then they were allowed to come post their approval of travel exemption. But when now border is open to all , that form looks obsolete to me , but still worth trying no harm. anyways i submitted the application no with vaccine certs for the webform but as i said they replied that i am not eligible for that.
Just checked again, It isn't obsolete. That form is meant only for non-discretionary travel, it's my mistake that I didn't notice.

The requirements through IRCC portal for family reunification for immediate family members is a bit different. Here's a snapshot of what the portal says.

You must also meet one of the following requirements to enter Canada:
  • You qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption
  • You’ll stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
  • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
This means, the travel exemption request for family reunification for immediate family members through IRCC portal is least restrictive, it allows you to travel for optional purposes only if you qualify as fully vaccinated traveler, or 15 days + stay in Canada for the unvaccinated whereas the web-form mandates that the reason must non-optional, being a fully vaccinated traveler won't exempt like IRCC portal based submission allows.

Last edited:

shocktrop

Oct 21, 2021
My parents in law super visa application was submitted in July 2020 and it still says processing. Is this normal?

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
My parents in law super visa application was submitted in July 2020 and it still says processing. Is this normal?
Its not but i do have my friend even her in laws application was submitted last year Aug2020, medical expired and shows in progress. Did you send webforms?

affif

May 6, 2016
Please note that IRCC will only issue written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.

this is what they replied to me.

rajesjmakhija0878

May 10, 2021
Applied for Super Visa for my parents from Mumbai, India on Sept 29. Got bio metric request on Oct 19.

I don't see any slots at VFS Mumbai location until the end of the year. The bio metrics has to be completed before Nov 19. Is there another way that people can suggest ? I need a slot for my parents in November.