+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello , they say we have to apply supervisa from outside Canada. Can we apply super visa from India and then travel to Canada on visitor visa immediately after that? I am doing medical upfront for my mom , submit her application while she is in india and then give her biometrics in Canada in couple of weeks. Will see when they ask for passport request and wl submit that in the country where she will be at that time. Do you see any issues with that? Please advise.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello , they say we have to apply supervisa from outside Canada. Can we apply super visa from India and then travel to Canada on visitor visa immediately after that? I am doing medical upfront for my mom , submit her application while she is in india and then give her biometrics in Canada in couple of weeks. Will see when they ask for passport request and wl submit that in the country where she will be at that time. Do you see any issues with that? Please advise.
i am almost thinking same now, i already applied for parents with upfront medical and biometric done too - its been more than a month but no update expet biometric submitted on sept 7th, i cant decde if i should reapply via IRCC portal for super visa or just let them travel here and submit my password while they here on visitor visa( which they already have)

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
i am almost thinking same now, i already applied for parents with upfront medical and biometric done too - its been more than a month but no update expet biometric submitted on sept 7th, i cant decde if i should reapply via IRCC portal for super visa or just let them travel here and submit my password while they here on visitor visa( which they already have)
I would still prefer to stick with GC key. Not in a super hurry as my mom wl already be in Canada. If it takes a month or two extra too, it’s fine.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
To whom it may concern.

I finally got a reply from IRCC twitter for Super Visa applications submitted before September 7 2021

IRCC Twitter
They requested for my mums medical in July and got approval in August… so won’t take chance to reapply instead waiting. And also IRCC saying the same for below and I have notified them that my mother is visa exempted so no action needs to be taken at this point I guess.

If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption
You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again.

We’ll process the application you submitted before September 7, 2021.

• It doesn’t matter if you applied via the IRCC Portal, via your IRCC secure account, or on paper.
We’ll send you an email if we need more information from you or when we reach a decision.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Hi @swordenium, had seen your previous post about IRCC's reply in Twitter. The options in above screenshot confuse me because for SUPER VISA, it's always about reuniting PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS who are by default immediate family members.

My mother's application is in process for 350 days while current average processing time is around 212 days. I fear, if I apply for a new one, the new application will starts from 0 days and might be processed within next 212 days.

Also applications from BD are processed in Singapore and right now even EE applicants are in halt for getting COPR. So I will wait. Let's see. Please keep us updated on your new application. Best of luck.
I am on the same boat. My mother’s application has been pending for over 400 days (applied in last year March 2020), they requested medical back then got approval. Since it’s already passed over 1 year and her medical and insurance got expired they requested another medical and updated insurance in July which we did and got approved as well in August. Since then again no updated from Singapore. In addition to that I have already noticed them before sept 7th that my mother fall under visa exception so I won’t reapply it based on the below IRCC update.

If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption

• It doesn’t matter if you applied via the IRCC Portal, via your IRCC secure account, or on paper.
We’ll send you an email if we need more information from you or when we reach a decision.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
I am on the same boat. My mother’s application has been pending for over 400 days (applied in last year March 2020), they requested medical back then got approval. Since it’s already passed over 1 year and her medical and insurance got expired they requested another medical and updated insurance in July 2021 which we did and got approved as well in August 2021. Since then again no updated from Singapore. In addition to that I have already noticed them before sept 7th that my mother fall under visa exception so I won’t reapply it based on the below IRCC update.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
I am on the same boat. My mother’s application has been pending for over 400 days (applied in last year March 2020), they requested medical back then got approval. Since it’s already passed over 1 year and her medical and insurance got expired they requested another medical and updated insurance in July which we did and got approved as well in August. Since then again no updated from Singapore. In addition to that I have already noticed them before sept 7th that my mother fall under visa exception so I won’t reapply it based on the below IRCC update.

@sadatul which webform did you use to notify about travel exemption?

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan

Yes, what I heard is, from SGVO pretty much all types of VISA are on a halt. They are not issuing EE COPR, Super VISA and very rarely issuing Travel Visa. Let's wait and see.

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
I am applying super visa for my mother. I've created profile in gckey in her name and filled up all information. I am currently filling IMM 5257 form. I am wondering what I need to mention in the purpose of my visit section. Do I need to mention "Family Visit" or "Other" or "Super Visa: For Parents or Grandparents" ?

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hello All

I applied for my parents super visa in April 2021. However, the application is moving rather slow. We got the biometrics done in August 2021 but no update ever since. My parents are in India.

I saw a number of members saying upfront medicals done and webform submitted. Are we able to do that without IRCC/CIC requesting medicals? I am fed up of waiting for their response.

Would also appreciate if any of the members can guide me to the webform. I'll look for it on this forum as well.

Kindly advise and Thanks!
dun146

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hello All

I applied for my parents super visa in April 2021. However, the application is moving rather slow. We got the biometrics done in August 2021 but no update ever since. My parents are in India.

I saw a number of members saying upfront medicals done and webform submitted. Are we able to do that without IRCC/CIC requesting medicals? I am fed up of waiting for their response.

Would also appreciate if any of the members can guide me to the webform. I'll look for it on this forum as well.

Kindly advise and Thanks!
dun146
You can submit your webform here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis. I think you can submit it without having medicals first as there isn't any clear instruction mentioning so.

Follow this table and FAQ for guidelines on how to fill the form. I took this from the webform response my mother got after submitting her travel exemption form.

Information to include in your request based on your situation
If you are a foreign national who is:DescriptionInformation to include in your web formDocuments to include (upload) in your web form
An immediate family member of a Temporary Resident (temporary worker, student, etc.) traveling from any other country than the United StatesImmediate family member
  • Spouse or common-law partner
  • Dependent children
  • Dependent children of dependent children
  • Parents or step-parents
  • Parents or step-parents of spouse or common-law partner
  • Guardian or tutor
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your detailed purpose of visit
*Your travel dates and your expected duration of stay
*The country where you currently live
*Your relationship to the person in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (worker, student, etc.)
*A copy of the immigration status document of your family member in Canada (copy of their work permit, student permit, etc.)
*Proof of relationship with your immediate family member in Canada (copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)
*Do not include personal photos
An extended family member of a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act travelling from any countryExtended family member
  • An individual who is 18 years old or older, in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least one year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • The dependent child of the person in an exclusive dating relationship
  • An adult child (non-dependent child) of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • A grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent child) of the person, of the person’s spouse, of the person’s common-law partner, or of someone who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person
  • A sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • A grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your detailed purpose of visit
*The country you currently live
*Your relationship with your family member in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act)
* A copy of a government issued document showing the status of your family member in Canada (e.g. Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card, secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document)
*If the person you’re trying to reunite with in Canada is 18 years of age or older, the Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) (PDF, 2.2 MB) must be used.
*If the person you’re trying to reunite with in Canada is under the age of 18 years, the Application for Authorization and Statutory Declaration for the Parent of a Minor (IMM 0016) (PDF, 1,705 KB) must be used.
- For those trying to reunite with a minor, you must include proof of parentage for the minor, such as their birth certificate.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  1. What is the purpose of this web form? To process requests from those who require written authorization to reunite with a family member in Canada, or who are eligible to travel to Canada under a travel exemption and require priority processing of a visitor visa application in progress. . This is not a channel to request more information about travel, testing, quarantine and borders measures for travellers. To obtain more details about requirements for travellers visit the COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders webpage.

2. Does everyone receive a response to their request? No, you will receive a response only if you need a written authorization from IRCC to travel or if you are exempt from a travel restrictions and wish to inform us you have a visitor visa application in process. Any other type of enquiries will not be answered.

3. How do I know if I need a written authorization from IRCC? Visit the Travel restrictions in Canada webpageto confirm if it is required in your situation. See below the most common situations where a written authorization is not necessary. If you are:
    • A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident returning to Canada
    • an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
    • an immediate family member of a temporary resident travelling from the United States
    • If you already have a Public Health Agency of Canada letter for a compassionate travel and already hold valid visitor visa or eTA or do not require one
  4. If you are in one of the above situations, you do not need to wait for a response. Visit our Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) webpage to see the most up-to-date instructions to plan your travel.
  5. How do I make sure I sent a complete request? Consult the chart on the next page below to make sure all the required information was included in your web form.

6. I just realized I forgot to include some documents, can I send another web form? Yes, but make sure you gather all the required information and supporting documents (initial and new) and send them all in one new web form only. If you send us multiple web forms with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

7. Once my complete request is sent, should I send another web form to follow-up on my request? No, there is no need to send another request. If you received this automatic response, you can rest assured that we received your web form. We understand your need for making travel arrangements but we are working through the requests as quickly as possible. If you have sent a complete request and need a written authorization, there is no need to worry, we will respond as soon as we reach your request.

8. Can my family member in Canada send the request on my behalf? If you are a foreign national wishing to come to Canada, you should send your own request and include the email address associated with your IRCC account, if you have one. If a request comes from a different email address we cannot respond unless you provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to authorize the person to act on your behalf.

9. I have a permanent resident application already approved, can I enter Canada? As of June 21, 2021, any foreign national with a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRP) can travel to Canada.
Thanks.

Last edited:

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
I applied for GCMS last week. Let's see where am I stuck when I receive it.
I applied few weeks ago, might receive it end of month. I think application review hasn't started at all, yet medical passed. Regardless, I submitted a travel exemption form referring previous application waiting since February 3, 2021.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
I applied few weeks ago, might receive it end of month. I think application review hasn't started at all, yet medical passed. Regardless, I submitted a travel exemption form referring previous application waiting since February 3, 2021.
As I heard, once Biometric & medical is done, it triggers a notification to IRCC system & an agent has to manually update the results in the system. However, Biometric / medical update is never an indication of application being processed to finalization. In this forum, there's a guy applied on March 2020 with Biometric & medical (Upfront), once the medical expired 1 year later, IRCC asked for redo medical, he did so. After that again no update for last 6-7 months.

Amazing, eh!