+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone I applied for my in laws on March 17 , 2021 and still waiting for super visa
Timeline March 17 , 2021 applied
medical done March 20, 2021
Biometric done April 16, 2021
Now waiting haven’t heard from them since then it says in background check and process

does anyone know how long it takes for background check and after medical cuz my in laws been waiting since march 2021
From which country you applied?

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a bit confused about the "Purpose of Travel" document. Its says :

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
Can anyone suggest what to submit as the "Purpose of Travel" document?

moiz.kapadia

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Hi, I am applying for my parents, just have few confusions if someone could help me.
1. what should I provide in Purpose of Travel?
2. If someone has any template for an invitation letter
3. I am applying for both from 1 account, my father is an applicant and my mother as family member. Should I combine my father and mother medical insurance in 1 file because there is no option in my mother's section?

thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone I applied for my in laws on March 17 , 2021 and still waiting for super visa
Now waiting haven’t heard from them since then it says in background check and process

does anyone know how long it takes for background check and after medical cuz my in laws been waiting since march 2021
Impossible to say and also impossible to say what will happen to supervisa applications from Afghanistan. There will be valid concerns that the parents have no plans on returning home and may apply for asylum upon entry. Technically that should usually lead to denial but Canada may decide to overlook the issue and assume that the supervisa applicants will apply for asylum upon entry.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi All,
I am applying for my parents Super Visa. I have a query:

1. Can I provide any other document instead of marriage certificate as my parents don't have that?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013

You need to contact Abu-Dhabi Office and ask them to prioritise your application. I have similar timeline for Super Visa. When i emailed them they opened the file and sent medical.

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
Hi All,

1. Can I provide any other document instead of marriage certificate as my parents don't have that?
Its better you try to have a new marriage certificate for parents mentioning date of marriage and all that, if thats possible. Other than that you can go for notarized affidavit.

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi all,

I have been trying to reach CIC for few questions regarding the supervisa application for my parents, but so far I wasn't able to connect. If any of you could help me with the below concerns, that will be awesome !!

1. I am applying supervisa for my mom and dad. Should I submit two different applications for mom and dad or I can just create one application for my Dad and add more IMM*** documents to add my mom to the application ?

2. Can I include my wife's paystubs too apart from mine to prove the financial support ?

3. In my document list for the application, I do not have a request for the Medical Insurance. Did I go wrong while creating this application or this is the way it is and I just have to add the Medical insurance document to the additional documents ? It says my application is for the 'Temporary visit visa - over 6 months'

4. In the purpose of travel question, are we still adding 'Other' and reason as 'COVID-19' ? Beginning of the year, I called to CIC and they told me this, but then I had to delay my application for other reasons. So just wants to confirm if it is still the case.

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi all,

I have been trying to reach CIC for few questions regarding the supervisa application for my parents, but so far I wasn't able to connect. If any of you could help me with the below concerns, that will be awesome !!

1. I am applying supervisa for my mom and dad. Should I submit two different applications for mom and dad or I can just create one application for my Dad and add more IMM*** documents to add my mom to the application ?

Yes, super visa is one application for both parents

2. Can I include my wife's paystubs too apart from mine to prove the financial support ?

Yes, you can (you should)

3. In my document list for the application, I do not have a request for the Medical Insurance. Did I go wrong while creating this application or this is the way it is and I just have to add the Medical insurance document to the additional documents ? It says my application is for the 'Temporary visit visa - over 6 months'

Yes, you need medical for super visa - read more about it on CIC website or in this forum (search for it)

4. In the purpose of travel question, are we still adding 'Other' and reason as 'COVID-19' ? Beginning of the year, I called to CIC and they told me this, but then I had to delay my application for other reasons. So just wants to confirm if it is still the case.

Not sure, maybe wait for others reply.

Thanks !!

Reactions: xrypto

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Hi All,

hey there is a document listed common-law statutory declaration . if you can get that with the help of notary that should be fine

Reactions: crackMBA

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
We can give biometrics from Canada too? Like applying from India and then traveling to Canada on visitor visa. And giving biometrics from Canada and medicals (if not submitted in advance) ???? Pl advise.