+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all, I’m planning to apply super visa for my parents. Can I just buy insurance for them for 1st year to include in the application? Or I still have to continue to buy insurance every year even after they get their super visa approved? Thanks.
Well they have to have insurance while they are in Canada . What are your plans if they get sick, need medical attention in Canada if they don’t have insurance?
Who is going to pay the bill ?
If they are here just for a year, well then you buy a plan for a year

They aren’t eligible for government health plans since they are visiting.
What’s your plans ?

vanthle

Aug 10, 2015
Well they have to have insurance while they are in Canada . What are your plans if they get sick, need medical attention in Canada if they don’t have insurance?
Who is going to pay the bill ?
If they are here just for a year, well then you buy a plan for a year

They aren’t eligible for government health plans since they are visiting.
What’s your plans ?
They already have insurance from home country that covers the medical expense in Canada. That’s why I want to check if I still have to buy even after getting the visa, as that would be waste of money for double insurance on annual basis.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They already have insurance from home country that covers the medical expense in Canada. That’s why I want to check if I still have to buy even after getting the visa, as that would be waste of money for double insurance on annual basis.
To remain in Canada on a supervisa they must have supervisa insurance. It is the one major requirement.

Reactions: vanthle

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's correct and in addition, Supervisa insurance has to be bought in Canada with a minimum of 100000 cover!
Would stress minimum of 100K. Care can easily ea\xceed this is your family member ends up in hospital and needs something like surgery. Supervisa insurance is also only emergency health insurance so once the parent has been stabilized they will be expected to return home to undergo if they need more longterm therapy or you will be required to pay out o pocket. Feel like medical repatriation should really be included in the policy.

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Hello Friends,
Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA in addition to some funds in bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,
Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA in addition to some funds in bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.
Repeat post

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Supervisa

applicant sent 22nd April 2021
biometric done 27th April 2021
Country = Pakistan

Had also submitted pregnancy letter from the doctor but I haven't heard anything back after biometric. Does anyone know if IIRC prioritize applications where pregnency letter is attached?

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi Guys, I am in a bind here and wondering if somebody can help -
I am a PR in Canada and plan to apply for Super visa for my parents soon but my Mom's passport (from India) is expired and my Dad's passport has his name slightly different than what is mentioned under the Spouse column on my Mom's passport. My passport has the same name mentioned under my father's name column as what's mentioned on my Mom's passport.
So I am wondering- While I am renewing my mother's passport, should I get her spouse name corrected match it exactly how it on my Dad's passport and at the same time I will do the same for my passport( get it corrected to match it with how it is on my Dad's passport).
Here is a more tabular version of the situation -

Mom's Passport -
Spouse Name - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

Dad's Passport -
Given name - Ramesh Singh
SurName - ________________ <-- No Surname. Surname is empty.

Son's(The main Sponsor) Passport -
Name of father - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

What is the best solution here. The end goal is to get a super-visa for my parents. How can I make it easy for myself.

A) If I let it all be as it is and provide a "one and the same person" affidavit when I apply for the super-visa. The affidavit would be provided by my father attesting that "Ramesh Singh" and "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria" are one and the same person. Would that suffice?
B) Try and correct both my mother's passport and my passport to make it so that my dad's name appears as "Ramesh Singh" on all three passports.
C) Correct my Dad's passport to make the name "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria". This will result in a whole chain of paperwork for my dad because his name on all of his tax/other paperwork in India is "Ramesh Singh"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa

applicant sent 22nd April 2021
biometric done 27th April 2021
Country = Pakistan

Had also submitted pregnancy letter from the doctor but I haven't heard anything back after biometric. Does anyone know if IIRC prioritize applications where pregnency letter is attached?
Pregnancy isn’t prioritized unless there is a critical medical situation. Given that Canada doesn’t want people traveling from Pakistan it is not surprising that they aren’t giving out TRVs. Have you flagged your application for priority processing?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pregnancy isn’t prioritized unless there is a critical medical situation. Given that Canada doesn’t want people traveling from Pakistan it is not surprising that they aren’t giving out TRVs. Have you flagged your application for priority processing?
I haven't flagged it as a priority. Should I send an email to MP explaining this or IIRC ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I haven't flagged it as a priority. Should I send an email to MP explaining this or IIRC ?
No you should follow the online process flagging it as meeting the travel exemption.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#new

Assume you may have changed how you get paid because being paid by dividends will not allow you to qualify for a supervisa. Your ability to qualify is dependent on your personal income or line 150 on your NOA (minus EI for unemployment except for in 2020).

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you should follow the online process flagging it as meeting the travel exemption.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#new

Assume you may have changed how you get paid because being paid by dividends will not allow you to qualify for a supervisa. Your ability to qualify is dependent on your personal income or line 150 on your NOA (minus EI for unemployment except for in 2020).
I paid myself a dividend from incorporation. The amount is shown in Line 150 of my personal NOA, now line 150 is known as 15000. I have submitted my NOA with the application, do you think IIRC will not accept this?

In one of the year, I had T4 income and T5 income and both were combined into Line 150 I believe in the NOA.