+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am filling up forms for my parents supervisa (they are in India right now).

I have a small issue, there is a minor spelling difference in the name on their passport and my passport - I have to use that as a proof of relationship.

Anyone experienced same issue? Is it going to be a problem ?

FYI - I applied their visitor visa in 2018 which expired in April 2021 (along with passport expiration), i used same documents and didn't have any issues.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am filling up forms for my parents supervisa (they are in India right now).

I have a small issue, there is a minor spelling difference in the name on their passport and my passport - I have to use that as a proof of relationship.

Anyone experienced same issue? Is it going to be a problem ?

FYI - I applied their visitor visa in 2018 which expired in April 2021 (along with passport expiration), i used same documents and didn't have any issues.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
I don’t see any issue if there is only minor error. I have similar issue in past my name on birth Certificate is slightly miss spelled but never had problem,

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hello All,

Seeking advice from experts.

We have applied for a supervisa for my mother-in-law in October 2020. She got the BIL but was unable to submit biometrics since India’s VFS center’s aren’t accepting biometrics for this visa category. We recently came to know while browsing this forum that while submitting the application we had selected Relation to Family Member as Parent instead of Child. Hence realizing now that the application we submitted is for the TRV and not Supervisa. We have provided all the supporting documents such as NOA, canadian employment letter , employment stubs, medical insurance and all other required documents and also mentioned clearly in the letter of invitation, purpose of visit that we were requesting for a Supervisa. However, since we had not chosen the right application I am wondering if the application will be considered for a Supervisa.

Next steps -
1) Do we need to submit a webform to IRCC explaining this and submit biometrics and wait for a decision? Or
2) submit a webform to ircc mentioning that we want to withdraw this application because of the above mentioned reasons and submit a new application for Supervisa ?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: amit1984

Shahnaz.bd

May 29, 2021
Medical passed today!
Application submitted: Jan 8th
Biometrics requested: Jan 10th
Biometric completed (At Nepal): 15th Feb
Mail sent to IRCC for faster processing: Mar 7th
Medicals Requested: Mar 16th
Medicals Done in Mumbai: Mar 22nd
Medicals Passed: Mar 31st
Passport Request: April 6th
What is the reason to write for faster processing application? What is the email id?

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Applied for my parents, Bangladeshi citizens, living in Kuwait
Submitted on May 28th, 2021

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi all,

Hi,

I am a Canadian PR and I want to apply Super Visa for my mother, who is in India currently.

Under IRCC website sector for Visitor Visa, it states "If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application. "

I did not understand how should we tell the IRCC that my mother is eligible to travel, so that her application processing can be prioritized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi all,

Hi,

I am a Canadian PR and I want to apply Super Visa for my mother, who is in India currently.

Under IRCC website sector for Visitor Visa, it states "If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application. "

I did not understand how should we tell the IRCC that my mother is eligible to travel, so that her application processing can be prioritized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You don't need to tell IRCC in any way. When you apply for Supervisa you are full filling the requirement that she is your immediate family member. There is no way to prioritize the supervisa application, the visit application is prioritized only in few situations which are mentioned on IRCC website.

Reactions: G Deep

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
You don't need to tell IRCC in any way. When you apply for Supervisa you are full filling the requirement that she is your immediate family member. There is no way to prioritize the supervisa application, the visit application is prioritized only in few situations which are mentioned on IRCC website.
That makes sense! Thanks for the clarity!