+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hey Guys,
I applied for my father's supervisa from hyderabad India.
He did medical upfront.

Upfront medical done: 9th October 2021
Application submitted: 22nd October 2021
Biometric instruction received: 23rd October 2021
Biometric submitted: 29th October 2021( we booked the appointment before submitting the application).
Thanks for your response. Generally do you book an upfront biometrics or can wait till we get the instructions? As i see you have booked it before submitting the application? Does this really matter.

Last edited:

Cquizon

Sep 5, 2021
Hi All,

I am trying to apply for super visa, and a bit confused with the number in our family unit.

We are 3 in our family with my parents 2 for total of 5 person.

My husband have a 16 years old son from ex-wife don't live with us.

Does the son be counted as dependant?

Much appreciate your help guys. Many thanks.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
I am applying for super visa application for my parents using new portal. Appreciate if some one can address my queries :

- In the new portal, do we need to create two online applications for the parents i.e one for father and one for mother. I completed the information for single person and it is only asking the documents for one person even though I indicated that the second person will be coming.

- In the list of documents, there is no option to upload invitation letter, medical insurance etc. So, do we not need this information in new portal?

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
I am applying for super visa application for my parents using new portal. Appreciate if some one can address my queries :

- In the new portal, do we need to create two online applications for the parents i.e one for father and one for mother. I completed the information for single person and it is only asking the documents for one person even though I indicated that the second person will be coming.

- In the list of documents, there is no option to upload invitation letter, medical insurance etc. So, do we not need this information in new portal?
To your second point. choose the relation as child instead of parent, it works as what are we related to parents

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

what is the new portal and from when was this effective? can you please share the link here?

FromIndiatoCanada20

Sep 21, 2021
Hi All,

I am trying to apply for super visa, and a bit confused with the number in our family unit.

We are 3 in our family with my parents 2 for total of 5 person.

My husband have a 16 years old son from ex-wife don't live with us.

Does the son be counted as dependant?

Much appreciate your help guys. Many thanks.
If he is in Canada and your husband is responsible for taking care of him then yes otherwise no.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Do you happen to know the difference between applying thru GC key Vs the new IRCC portal ? I'm going to apply for super visa for my mom soon using GC key portal as I have already used it for my mom's visitor stay extension in the past.
I think there is no Super Visa option in new IRCC portal. that is only for Visit Visa. We should be able to apply Super visa only through GC portal as far as i have researched. If any further updates kindly keep us posted.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
I think there is no Super Visa option in new IRCC portal. that is only for Visit Visa. We should be able to apply Super visa only through GC portal as far as i have researched. If any further updates kindly keep us posted.
There is option for supervisa. I received IRCC response a month back if urgent then recommend to apply using new portal. So i applied supervisa on 24Oct2021.. Though no response yet, but hoping something will come up.. their TAT is 14-30 bussiness days...

rovin

Nov 2, 2021
Hello. BVL and PPR received on the Nov 11z My mom mailed in her passport and got a call today saying her biometrics need to be redone. No correspondence from gckey. Does this ever happen? Just making sure this is not a scam.

DRAJPUT

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hello. BVL and PPR received on the Nov 11z My mom mailed in her passport and got a call today saying her biometrics need to be redone. No correspondence from gckey. Does this ever happen? Just making sure this is not a scam.
whats is your timeline and country?

rovin

Nov 2, 2021
whats is your timeline and country?
1st application: September 9 2020 (gckey)
Biometrics completed: October 20 2020
No update since even after maybe 3 or 4 web forms
Reapplied: October 31 2021 (gckey)
BVL & PPR received: Nov 11 2021
PP mailed: Nov 15 2021
VFS confirmed receipt: Nov 16 2021 and phoned her asking her to come to office and redo the biometrics. NO update on gckey, NO request letter for repeat biometrics. Sounds a bit sketchy.

Reactions: mpreetsingh