+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

PT1997

Aug 9, 2021
Did anyone who apply in April 2022 still waiting on their super visa decision? I applied for my parents on April 11, 2022 from India and have not heard anything from them apart from the biometrics on April 12. Current processing time for India is 124 days and I am now over that processing time. Its kind of annoying that they dont provide any updates :(

Last edited:

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Did anyone who apply in April 2022 still waiting on their super visa decision? I applied for my parents on April 11, 2022 from India and have not heard anything from them apart from the biometrics on April 12. Current processing time for India is 124 days and I am now over that processing time. Its kind of annoying that they dont provide with any updates :(
I did april 04 and only medical pass on 29april and rest in process and its my 2nd application. Biometrics was done before so they are in system

But no update

• Sad
Reactions: PT1997

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Did anyone who apply in April 2022 still waiting on their super visa decision? I applied for my parents on April 11, 2022 from India and have not heard anything from them apart from the biometrics on April 12. Current processing time for India is 124 days and I am now over that processing time. Its kind of annoying that they dont provide any updates :(
Yes.
April 6 application submitted
April 11 biometrics
No update

Reactions: PT1997

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I applied back in Feb 2022. My mother got her SuperVisa in June, but no update on my father's application. They told me the file has been transferred to New Delhi and asked me to reach them out.

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I applied for my parents supervisa in October 2021. My mother had an issue in medical and we provided the updated requested medical in January. We contacted the local MP in April and after that they issued my Dad’s super visa amd said mom’s medical still in process.
Until now no news on my mom’s visa. Can they hold it for that long? Even they have not updated the medical! That means the medical is not clear??
Any ideas please?
How do you reach out to local MP? Does it have to be specific member in Parliament working under immigration role or just any role is fine?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
How do you reach out to local MP? Does it have to be specific member in Parliament working under immigration role or just any role is fine?
Your local MP is fine, doesn't have to be immigration specific.

Reactions: sahilk

aavu1988

Aug 16, 2022
Hi guys, I am a new member to this group. I have the following questions:

1) To show ties to the home country for parents, can they show their investments in stock and fixed assets like house and land, rental income, pension income? Or do they need bank statements showing amount in savings or chequing account as well. They do not have much savings in bank account and have invested most of their savings in stocks. Please advise.

2) Question in the application "How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)"
My brother who lives in Canada is planning to take care of all of my parents' expenses (i.e. provide food, accommodation, travel medical insurance, transportation expenses including flight ticket costs). Should I include my brother's savings in the bank account to answer this question or should I include proof of funds that my parents have? Also, does it look bad in the application if my brother is covering all of their expenses (they will appear fully financially dependent on him)? Do you recommend that my parents mention that they will set aside a certain $ amount for their stay? If yes, what is the $ amount per month that will seem appropriate for this question?

3) If their supervisa is granted, they intend on staying here for 5 months. Should I include only 5 months or should I include 7 months in the application? I am worried that if I mention in the application that their stay duration is shorter than 6 months, then a TRV may be granted instead of a supervisa.

4) Should my parents do their medical examination before submitting their Supervisa application or afterwards? Does submitting early expedite their processing timeline in any way?

Sorry for a lot of questions but this is my first time applying and I am quite nervous. I want to make sure that I cover all details.
Thanks in advance.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Same. I am on 133 days.
i just called IRCC and they said the same thing that they can not help because it is processing in New Delhi and the only way to contact them is via webform.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Same. I am on 133 days.
i just called IRCC and they said the same thing that they can not help because it is processing in New Delhi and the only way to contact them is via webform.
Done that too and reply was it in review thats all then covid 19 thing