+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

karedisa

Nov 21, 2021
Hello,
Does anyone know if my mother got passport request and my father did not get it yet, what can I do?
Is there a chance he might get rejected?
Last I heard on their super visa application that everything was cleared and only decision was pending for both.
Thanks!

Last edited:

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hello All,

I have applied super visa for my mom on 12th Feb 2022 with upfront medical on new IRCC portal but there has been no update since. My mom has visitor visa which will be expiring in 2024 so, I was wondering if my mom can enter into Canada on visitor visa and when she receives passport request for her super visa application (if it gets approved), we can send passport to immigration office in Canada somewhere? Has someone ever done like this before? I am not even sure if that's possible or not because super visa requirements say that you have to be outside of Canada at the time of application but there is nothing mentioned if you are waiting for decision and you can come to Canada on visitor visa and complete remaining process inside the Canada. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi Ankit.
I am in similar boat. My parents are in Canada on visitor visa right now. I am planning to apply for their super visa when they go back to India in few months. And while that application is under processing, I would like them to travel to Canada on current valid visitor visa. Super visa processing times are increasing and we can't wait on them to process super visa. I believe they can travel on visitor visa as a border officer told me the same once at Windsor-Detroit border. But I also looking for some concrete confirmation. Let me know if you find any more details on this.
Thanks

Reactions: asaeed100

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi all,

Those who have applied and are getting positive progress on the supervisa application. I want to call my father for about 8-9 months and my mother for about 1 year on supervisa to stay with me in Canada.

both my parents are co-owners of our house back home.

my father has a job, mom does not. Father will take extended leave from his workplace.

i have bought a house here and I want them to come and celebrate the housewarming and stay for a while and travel around internally in Canada

I am not sure if this reason is enough for their visit?
And airlines don’t book flights a year in advance so I am unable to book return flight

is this case strong enough?

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Hi all,

Those who have applied and are getting positive progress on the supervisa application. I want to call my father for about 8-9 months and my mother for about 1 year on supervisa to stay with me in Canada.

both my parents are co-owners of our house back home.

my father has a job, mom does not. Father will take extended leave from his workplace.

i have bought a house here and I want them to come and celebrate the housewarming and stay for a while and travel around internally in Canada

I am not sure if this reason is enough for their visit?
And airlines don’t book flights a year in advance so I am unable to book return flight

is this case strong enough?
hi, No specific reason is required for sup. visa. i applied my mother supervisa and got ppr in in less then 2 months .

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Great thanks for your help.
Since the supervisa processing time shows 4 months right now, if my parents apply while they are in home country and enter Canada using their already valid Visitor visa, can they do

biometrics
Medical
Send passport for stamping
Within Canada?

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Great thanks for your help.
Since the supervisa processing time shows 4 months right now, if my parents apply while they are in home country and enter Canada using their already valid Visitor visa, can they do

biometrics
Medical
Send passport for stamping
Within Canada?
I am not sure about other things but passport can only be submitted in Home country from where you applied ...

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
No, I have read on this forum before that passport can actually be sent to Ottawa for stamping. Parents need to cross the border to activate the supervisa though but they can still get the supervisa stamped from inside Canada

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
No, I have read on this forum before that passport can actually be sent to Ottawa for stamping. Parents need to cross the border to activate the supervisa though but they can still get the supervisa stamped from inside Canada
I have no idea about this because my mother also had visitor visa and she was in canada but as per cic requirement applicant must be outside canada so my mom went back and applied.

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Correct. My parents will be applying for supervisa when they are outside, then enter Canada on their valid visitor visa.
Just wanna make sure if the process takes longer can they do biometrics, medicals and passpory stamping for their supervisa from within Canada?

Reactions: cheeku1210

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Correct. My parents will be applying for supervisa when they are outside, then enter Canada on their valid visitor visa.
Just wanna make sure if the process takes longer can they do biometrics, medicals and passpory stamping for their supervisa from within Canada?
I was in same situation or thought then i contact a immigration agent and as per agent passport can only be submitted in home country or country from where you applied . This is what i know and i did.