+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
I Need Help to extend open work permit of my wife
i applied for permanent residency and it got approved last month and i received COPR but haven't received COPR for my wife, her permit is going to expire next month, until I receive her COPR i have to apply for extension.
what option should i select in this ?

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I Need Help to extend open work permit of my wife
i applied for permanent residency and it got approved last month and i received COPR but haven't received COPR for my wife, her permit is going to expire next month, until I receive her COPR i have to apply for extension.
what option should i select in this ?
The second one is applicable to you. She's entitled to bridge open work permit.

This is your situation

Applied for permanent resident to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident

Reactions: yoyoyo1

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
The second one is applicable to you. She's entitled to bridge open work permit.

This is your situation

Applied for permanent resident to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident
Got it, Thank you so much! i appreciate it

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Still in progress. Its so stressful.
Hey bro
I feel very sorry for your case and you must have suffered a lot.
Did you contact you member of parliament? They have direct line to IRCC. In my case their push worked well.
Frankly, such a long processing is a shame for IRCC and I think even your MP find it disgusting.
Good Luck

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Is there still a delay? I thought it was there early in this year, few colleagues submitted in Nov/Dec last year, got the approval after 2-3 months. Few other colleagues and I submitted in Mar/Apr and got the extension approval pretty quickly. In fact I got the extension approval in around 10 days.

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Hey bro
I feel very sorry for your case and you must have suffered a lot.
Did you contact you member of parliament? They have direct line to IRCC. In my case their push worked well.
Frankly, such a long processing is a shame for IRCC and I think even your MP find it disgusting.
Good Luck
Visiting MP doesn't get positive reply. So waiting is the last option for me. I applied for GCMS notes and wait for outcomes

JujwahBlack

Apr 26, 2018
Visiting MP doesn't get positive reply. So waiting is the last option for me. I applied for GCMS notes and wait for outcomes
Hello there - we have a similar situation with application going back & forth since Jan to April
Did you get any update? which province?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello Everyone

I applied work permit extension (LMIA exemption) on April 26, 2021. The authorization to state with my previous WP will expire on August 24, 2021. Suppose, If I haven't had received the WP extension before the said date, Do I have to leave Canada, or do the immigration extend my authorization date? Please advise me.

rara85

May 21, 2021
Hi Ali18, thought I'd return the favor and answer this in case it helps. We applied for BOWP on December 19, 2019... and only received it Jan 12 2021. In December 2020 we received an apology notice that an administrative error had occurred on our PR application (which was submitted Sept 2019). Only then did they start moving on processing our PR application and once we passed the R10 stage, our BOWP was issued.

By the way, we checked in every few months and were told every time that everything was in order with both our PR and BOWP applications. So even though there was an error, it was not detected until much later.

Hopefully this isn't the case with many people, just an fyi--in some cases like ours the BOWP only came after more than a year. Good luck.
This may be happening to me.
AOR: 15th March 2021
Applied BOWP/SOWP: 16th March 2021
30th March: GCMS says R10 ok
Still waiting. Any others on here still waiting?