+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Congrats everyone.

I got a 3 year work contract, so will they give a 3 year work permit or a 1 year permit which I need to renew every year. Anyone got a multi-year work permit yet?

The first time I applied from abroad, I got a 1 year work permit, although I showed them a 2 year contract. I then renewed the WP in 3 months as I applied for SOWP.
IRCC can issue maximum of 3 years Work permit dosen't matter what kind of Work permit.. so hopefully you will get work permit by last date of your job contract when it says its expiring

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
IRCC can issue maximum of 3 years Work permit dosen't matter what kind of Work permit.. so hopefully you will get work permit by last date of your job contract when it says its expiring

that’s good to know. The first time I applied they gave me a 1 year permit even when I had a 2 year contract. So I was just wondering if they give a long term permit too

aue16

Sep 22, 2019
Restoration plus visitor record approved today for my family of 3 submitted July 3rd.
Hi,
Can you let us know once you receive the original permits by mail? I am trying to understand how much time it usually takes to receive the original document after approval

Thanks

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi,
Can you let us know once you receive the original permits by mail? I am trying to understand how much time it usually takes to receive the original document after approval

Thanks
I got approval on Friday Oct 11 and received the permit in mail on Tuesday Oct 15.

My family got approval on Friday Oct 25. Hopefully I'd get the permits in mail on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will let you know once I receive it in mail.

Reactions: aue16

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I need the original document to extend my SIN before I can start working. That,s why it was very important for me.
Mine also got approved on 25th, I hope to receive it as soon as possible
You can show confirmation of approval to your employer if they can allow you to start working as soon as possible while you're waiting for the original document in mail. I guess your employer should accept the conformation for some time till you get the original copy.

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi,

Thanks
Update....
I received my family original permit documents in mail this morning at 9:39am. Kindly check your mail too.

chadid

May 26, 2015
Hi Folks,

Your help will be really much appreciated.

I applied for a WP extension (LMIA-Exempt) on August 11th and my current work permit expires on December 9th.

I am planning to travel outside Canada (work related) by the end of November. Do you think I will be able to re-enter the country after December 9th by showing the officer the printed online approval? My visitor Visa on the passport is valid until October 2020.

What do you guys think?

aue16

Sep 22, 2019
Update....
I received my family original permit documents in mail this morning at 9:39am. Kindly check your mail too.
Thanks so much for informing. I haven't received it yet. Maybe it is because Canada post delivers mails between provinces in 3 business days and my case was held from Edmonton. What is your province of residence?

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks so much for informing. I haven't received it yet. Maybe it is because Canada post delivers mails between provinces in 3 business days and my case was held from Edmonton. What is your province of residence?
My family case was also held at Edmonton. I live in Manitoba. Hopefully you get it tomorrow

Reactions: StudyMaster

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi Folks,

Your help will be really much appreciated.

I applied for a WP extension (LMIA-Exempt) on August 11th and my current work permit expires on December 9th.

I am planning to travel outside Canada (work related) by the end of November. Do you think I will be able to re-enter the country after December 9th by showing the officer the printed online approval? My visitor Visa on the passport is valid until October 2020.

What do you guys think?
Your visitor visa won't be valid anymore once you got work permit approval. Your status would have changed from visitor to worker. I'm sure confirmation of approval of a work permit is not a traveling document. Please call CIC to ask about your case but I'm sure approval confirmation is not valid for traveling.

naneja

Nov 5, 2018
any approval for work permit extension lmia exempt for july 15th 2019,i've applied a wp extension on july15th,nothing heard frm them yet