+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

Kashcal

Sep 24, 2019
Calgary Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Med's Request
20-06-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
I have this from other forum
Applied July 10th
Review of Eligibility Oct 30 9am
Approved Oct 30 3pm
Time line is slightly different for the people who apply for PGWP or first time work permit, from those who apply for BOWP or work permit extension.

gmorrisonhunt

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Time line is slightly different for the people who apply for PGWP or first time work permit, from those who apply for BOWP or work permit extension.
I applied for Work Permit extension, LMIA exempt. It's hard to find the timeline for that catergory?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
I applied for Work Permit extension, LMIA exempt. It's hard to find the timeline for that catergory?
I applied for the same as you and our’s come under WP extension.

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hello everyone My timeline is Applied extension on 19 july work permit for myself and study permit extension for my wife no update since then.

Reactions: gmorrisonhunt

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi everyone,

My wife is currently on implied status as her PGWP expired on September 25th. She was nominated by the province of Ontario under the International Student with Job Offer stream . As part of her nomination, she's also eligible for a 2 year closed WP as this is the maximum IRCC issues for this category and she's in a permanent position.

We've tried to get her new WP by going to 3 different US / Canada borders but were denied where the CBSA officers said they only do visa extension there and hers was a new one because she's moving from an open to a closed WP.

We then submitted her WP application August 19th expecting it to be issued in 7 to 8 weeks as per IRCCs estimated processing time for new WPs in Canada but now we're at about 11 weeks and nothing.

We get really disappointed since at the border they say it's a new WP but it seems that we're under the extension timeline which now is at 116 days as per IRCCs website? Does anyone have any clues if this is really the timeline we shall expect?

Also, does anyone know if she can apply to renew her health card under implied status and, if so, how?

Last but not least does anyone know if she will be approved for a Visitor TRV? I heard that IRCC changed the rules recently and those under implied status can travel out and back into the country and keep their implied status. We're planning to visit my in laws for Christmas but we are now waiting for her WP to be issued to apply for a Worker TRV. I was wondering if we applied for a Visitor one would work since travel visa and work permits are different things here in Canada.

Sorry for the long message and appreciate any inputs and support in advance.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi everyone,

My wife is currently on implied status as her PGWP expired on September 25th. She was nominated by the province of Ontario under the International Student with Job Offer stream . As part of her nomination, she's also eligible for a 2 year closed WP as this is the maximum IRCC issues for this category and she's in a permanent position.

We've tried to get her new WP by going to 3 different US / Canada borders but were denied where the CBSA officers said they only do visa extension there and hers was a new one because she's moving from an open to a closed WP.

We then submitted her WP application August 19th expecting it to be issued in 7 to 8 weeks as per IRCCs estimated processing time for new WPs in Canada but now we're at about 11 weeks and nothing.

We get really disappointed since at the border they say it's a new WP but it seems that we're under the extension timeline which now is at 116 days as per IRCCs website? Does anyone have any clues if this is really the timeline we shall expect?

Also, does anyone know if she can apply to renew her health card under implied status and, if so, how?

Last but not least does anyone know if she will be approved for a Visitor TRV? I heard that IRCC changed the rules recently and those under implied status can travel out and back into the country and keep their implied status. We're planning to visit my in laws for Christmas but we are now waiting for her WP to be issued to apply for a Worker TRV. I was wondering if we applied for a Visitor one would work since travel visa and work permits are different things here in Canada.

Sorry for the long message and appreciate any inputs and support in advance.
no, you cannot get health card renewal under implied status and you cannot get a TRV too. I asked about the TRV to cic by calling and they said you need to get the WP first otherwise it would just sit there until the WP is approved.

Last edited:

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
About the health card there is a way I think I saw somebody posting once that you can try, get rejected and submit an appeal. That sucks really bad this guys take forever. How come 4 months for a work permit? Sometimes I think they don't have the feeling of how much they impact people's lives. God forbid something happens that my wife really needs to go back home then what ?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Sorry to hear about this. We are in need of urgent health care but cannot, thanks to this implied status. (Sorry about the rant).

no, you cannot get health card renewal under implied status and you cannot get a TRV too. I asked about the TRV to cic by calling and they said you need to get the WP first otherwise it would just sit there until the WP is approved.
I was actually thinking of a TRV as visitor not worker. Have you asked them about this specific scenario?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
About the health card there is a way I think I saw somebody posting once that you can try, get rejected and submit an appeal. That sucks really bad this guys take forever. How come 4 months for a work permit? Sometimes I think they don't have the feeling of how much they impact people's lives. God forbid something happens that my wife really needs to go back home then what ?
i know about that post and went to OHIP, they declined. They need a physical copy of BOWP OR WP OR PR.

I asked about visitor but they said as a WP application is in process they cannot do a visitor at this point unless there is an emergency

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
i know about that post and went to OHIP, they declined. They need a physical copy of BOWP OR WP OR PR.

I asked about visitor but they said as a WP application is in process they cannot do a visitor at this point unless there is an emergency
Thanks

Cytisine

Nov 2, 2019
Hi hi.

Work permit extension lmia exempt.
Applied 11th of July. Approuved 1st of November.

Few questions for the experts here. :)

My account just shows approuved. What should i do now, because i don't have any instructions. I'm in Canada at the moment since it's an "extension". Do i need to go out and in of Canada ? Or will i get a visa in my mail box ?
Also, do i need a new SIN ?

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi hi.

Work permit extension lmia exempt.
Applied 11th of July. Approuved 1st of November.

Few questions for the experts here. :)

My account just shows approuved. What should i do now, because i don't have any instructions. I'm in Canada at the moment since it's an "extension". Do i need to go out and in of Canada ? Or will i get a visa in my mail box ?
Also, do i need a new SIN ?
You don't have to go out of Canada. Next Wednesday latest you will get the original permit in your mail box not Visa. It's a permit for you to remain in Canada as worker. If you want travel then you'll have to apply for Visa with your permit after you received it.

Reactions: Cytisine

gmorrisonhunt

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
You don't have to go out of Canada. Next Wednesday latest you will get the original permit in your mail box not Visa. It's a permit for you to remain in Canada as worker. If you want travel then you'll have to apply for Visa with your permit after you received it.
Hi there, I was under the impression a work permit can be used just like a visa to leave and re enter Canada? Where does it say you'll need to apply for a Visa in order to travel outside of Canada and how long does it take to get this Visa?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi there, I was under the impression a work permit can be used just like a visa to leave and re enter Canada? Where does it say you'll need to apply for a Visa in order to travel outside of Canada and how long does it take to get this Visa?
A work permit is not a visa. Read at the bottom of your work permit, it says the work permit cannot be used to reenter canada alone or something on the similar lines.

Once you get your work permit, you can apply for TRV. Last time I got it in 3 days.