+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

harvai2224

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
BUt wait, We cant apply from outside Canada for BOWP. We must be in Canada to apply for BOWp?

Also BOWP is the only option that PGWP holder can apply for? or is there any other kind of work permit extensions as well?
Yeah you have to be in Canada to apply for BOWP. To my knowledge I am not aware of any other extension for a PGWP holder. Other people in the group could weigh in on this point.

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Well, Thank you tons @harvai2224 and @pratikpadwal3368 for your comments.

So I guess that's it...

I am going to book my flight to Canada tonight just so I can be in Canada to apply for BOWP and have valid status when I visit my spouse later in January and complete newborn addition to my CEC application.

I also double-checked that even if your PR is refused you continue to have valid status until the BOWP expiry date (which is cool).

As for as TRV is concerned, I guess it's okay, I can apply it when I am back home and I hope before TRV approval I might be able to have my PR application approved.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Is it safe to say if someone who have done biometrics and apply now would be processessed alot earlier then 192 days ? Considering some ppl who applied in July got it in 2 months while alot of ppl waiting since march